Cyberpunk 2077

Izo

Tranny Chaser
giphy.gif

Used a lot of free windows aids keys to free upgrade to windoze 10’’ cock block. I wish they made a modern winner 7.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I'd still be running XP if I could get away with it.
I liked so the best out of all Windows iterations.

7 is more stable, I give them that. I've never seen a blue screen of death. I'm pretty sure cortana watches me jerk off though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
It will work on windoze7?!? G effing G! Looks like I'll be buying CP2077 after all.
Still, fuck'em for not supporting Vulkan.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Steam should delete games from your library if you try and run them on anything but Windows 10. You're going to take your forced updates (that require me to reinstall my sound drivers every few weeks) and like it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Amazon isn't a reliable source for video games releases that aren't officially announced. They just fill in whatever and fix it later.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
The various leaks and impressions from early testers and journalists aren't too great honestly. Hacking apparently turning into the equivalent of a spell (press hacking to hack this thing) in the Cyberpunk world sounds like dogshit.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The various leaks and impressions from early testers and journalists aren't too great honestly. Hacking apparently turning into the equivalent of a spell (press hacking to hack this thing) in the Cyberpunk world sounds like dogshit.

If that's true then it's utter dogshit. Netrunning should be a game within itself. What's the point if you can't be tossing out Jackhammers and Worms while avoiding Hellhounds.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Depends on how it was implemented. The “hacking” in FF7 Remake got tedious after a while (basically solving a puzzle)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've always thought a fun hacking game would be a no-bullshit unix terminal embedded in the game that had different sandboxes for each hacking puzzle and would have different problems to get through. It could start as something as simple as using bash to execute a "runme.sh" script to using a hex editor to find a password in some binary file or using crack to brute force a password. Would never work if only because of consoles though.

Some silly mini-game is fine too, but it gets really old in huge games that you want to do multiple playthroughs of. Even well-developed mini-games just get tiresome.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Hacking apparently turning into the equivalent of a spell (press hacking to hack this thing) in the Cyberpunk world sounds like dogshit.
This is a pain point. Is it you (the player) with the amazing hacking skills or the character (represented by stats and items)? From what I remember from the original Cyberpunk 2020 Netrunning was just a clusterfuck. It had long distance charges.

No one seems to have made up a good hacking minigame. System shock was halfway decent with the circuit minigames, but the cyberspace was disorienting and pretty much sucked.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I've always thought a fun hacking game would be a no-bullshit unix terminal embedded in the game that had different sandboxes for each hacking puzzle and would have different problems to get through.
It's the same problem Hollywood has when portraying hacking: It just does not look cool to show real world hacking skills. Those Python + shell scripts, fuzzers, disassemblers and debuggers just look fucking boring from the outside, and you can't make a good minigame out of it.

Cybsled

I can’t remember the name of the game...it was a shooter from the 90s and it actually had DOS prompt terminals inside the game where you could run DOS commands to get at information. It came out after Duke Nukem and before Daikatana is all I recall. Maybe around the time Shogo came out?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've always thought a fun hacking game would be a no-bullshit unix terminal embedded in the game that had different sandboxes for each hacking puzzle and would have different problems to get through. It could start as something as simple as using bash to execute a "runme.sh" script to using a hex editor to find a password in some binary file or using crack to brute force a password. Would never work if only because of consoles though.

Some silly mini-game is fine too, but it gets really old in huge games that you want to do multiple playthroughs of. Even well-developed mini-games just get tiresome.
Not a mini game, but this might interest you

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
My favorite hacking mini-game was the one in Shadowrun on Sega. Thought it was pretty well done, and would still play well in a modern game with a few tweaks/upgrades.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My favorite hacking mini-game was the one in Shadowrun on Sega. Thought it was pretty well done, and would still play well in a modern game with a few tweaks/upgrades.

Beat me to the post. Was much better than the SNES minesweeper based hacking.

The revamped hacking in Shadowrun Hong Kong was pretty good too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user