Cyberpunk 2077

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I listened to a bit of the IGN 16hr review, and I am a bit (just a bit) disappointed. I had hoped this was going to be a big, sprawling Action RPG with a great story. Yet, it seems to not be that. Rather its a very standard RPG with a bit of Action RPG thrown in. If that makes sense, lol. What they showed off today was pretty awesome though, so I'm still fairly hyped for it.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Little more blow everything up than I was hoping. Killing 100+ bad guys every mission ruins the immersion of these type of games for me. They spend too much time making a "living world" then fill it with content that is so untenable even to the reality they established. Seems hacking isn't really a different path other than a different way to blow them up, the result is the same either way, COMBAT! all the time.

I'll still play the shit out of it but I think they miss an opportunity when every encounter is made for a 15yr old.

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
It’s honestly hard to tell if this is an honest review or the reviewer is pulling punches because he dare not say anything too negative about the most anticipated game ever. Hours at a time without combat? Disappointing if you play it like an FPS?

And listen to these bugs:

[T]here were a ton of bugs. Of course, the version I played is still in development, and the extra time from its latest delay was likely taken to make sure the issues I saw aren’t there at launch, but I had moments where my UI disappeared entirely, important mission dialogue didn’t play, map waypoints wouldn’t work properly, and plenty more.

Yikes! I have my doubts that the short delay was enough to fix them. I might hold off until they release the next gen updates.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I don’t get why they need to lay out plot points like that in a trailer. I don’t care if all of that unfolds in the first fifteen minutes (doubtful) that was completely unnecessary.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Damn this is incredibly realistic for real time rendering.

EnOIavZUwAAsOTh.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This is turning out exactly as I feared. I was hoping for a more sandbox type of game, but this seems to be just like WoW: on rails from quest hub to quest hub. I really hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't appear that way. And if there are that many bugs in the game right now for a demo less than three weeks before release, there's no way they'll be gone by December 10th, or they'll have to push the release date back again.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well if you guys need to get your hands on a Cyberpunk game right away here you go. Even has Dennis Hopper in it, should hold you over until you can get your Keanu fix.

iu

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is turning out exactly as I feared. I was hoping for a more sandbox type of game, but this seems to be just like WoW: on rails from quest hub to quest hub. I really hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't appear that way. And if there are that many bugs in the game right now for a demo less than three weeks before release, there's no way they'll be gone by December 10th, or they'll have to push the release date back again.
I expect the quest format to be more or less Witcher style. With the added Deus Ex Freeform way of completing it to some degree.

velk

Trakanon Raider

Yeah I can see where you got that, what with all the generic faceless NPCs giving the player collect 20 bear ass quests that we saw in that trailer o_O

• 4Worf

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
IDK after watching that Cyperbunk Africa trailer I'm kinda hyped out to play a 7" roided up cyberjogger who's only skills are hand to hand combat and heavy weapons.

• 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I can see where you got that, what with all the generic faceless NPCs giving the player collect 20 bear ass quests that we saw in that trailer o_O
honestly, i WAS super hyped about it too, but after seeing some gameplay footage it's basically a reskinned super mario game. just going from one area to another killing koopas only to find out the answer to getting johnny silverhand out of your head is in another castle.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
IDK after watching that Cyperbunk Africa trailer I'm kinda hyped out to play a 7" roided up cyberjogger who's only skills are hand to hand combat and heavy weapons.
Sweet, didn't know we got turbomidget character options.

• 2Worf

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think I was expecting a different game than most people here were since what was revealed was pretty much EXACTLY what I expected.

It’s basically a reskinned Witcher 3, and by that I mean an open world RPG with a bunch of point of interest on the map, a mostly linear main quest with a bunch of side quests with some meaningful decision. All that wrapped in a futuristic setting with guns and hacking rather than fantasy with sword and magic.

I’m as hyped as ever. :)

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am fine with what they have shown. It is going to have bugs but those will eventually get patched out. The game is large and beautiful. I will most likely explore every inch of this world just to see what is there. That is the kind of game I enjoy. I never did play Witcher 3 all that much so the play style will at least be somewhat fresh for me.

The potential of the mods are a whole different world of interest. I can only imagine the creativity that will change this game.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure there are gonna be a lot of people disappointed by this game, mainly because of unrealistic expectations.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity