Cyberpunk 2077

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Minor spoiler
Was roaming doing side stuff when I encountered one variation of some ninja type sub boss which was very engaging and exciting. But thst was 7hrs ago and since all the mobs encounter was just standard fair. Damn that encounter made me want more but its been reallllly dry!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Minor spoiler
Was roaming doing side stuff when I encountered one variation of some ninja type sub boss which was very engaging and exciting. But thst was 7hrs ago and since all the mobs encounter was just standard fair. Damn that encounter made me want more but its been reallllly dry!
They’re out there in random quests. I’ve already fought more bosses here than the entirety of god of war. A few were hilarious as well. The Mox bitch being toughest so far, shotguns stagger her and make things easier

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Are PC people here having crash / performance issues? I've had nothing but smooth sailing on XSeX but my friend on a PC with his fancy new vidjamacard refunded the game after it crashing constantly. He says reddit is full of such issues.

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Are PC people here having crash / performance issues? I've had nothing but smooth sailing on XSeX but my friend on a PC with his fancy new vidjamacard refunded the game after it crashing constantly. He says reddit is full of such issues.
I'm on the last step on the prologue I think and haven't had any crashing while playing. Crashed once when loading an earlier save but thats it. Encountered a few bugs though but mostly cosmetic ones. One bug was quest related and had to reload before the quest to be able to continue.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I wasn't expecting the game to look phenomenal on the Series X, as the promised next-gen graphics update is not due until next year, but boy is it rather disappointing to look at in its current state. Whoever said before that the PS5 version looks worse than some last gen games, yeah, that's spot on here, too. I've been playing a lot of RDR2 lately, it's far more impressive graphically, and it's over two years old.

Yeah I know, PC master race and all that, but I figured my aging 1070 and 1080p SDR monitor would be giving up too much when I could be playing on a big OLED in 4K HDR. I'll power through for a bit, but may just wait it out unless the update gets pushed back several months.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So for hacking and stealth I typically juat hack in and ping everyone, then use cameras to distract and proceed to neck break. Or use the big Daemon and give everyone -30% resistances then proceed to overload them for the insta gibs. Goes pretty smooth but I am all stealth and intelligence need to spec into it further to really see what I can do. Hoping I can chain the viruses and shit spending less time scanning.

Seems easier to just go gorilla arms of ranged and just run up and kill everyone.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Guys I've encountered a bug! I was driving around and saw this giant obese man sauntering around. I was like hey, I wonder if this game lets you run people over without repercussions. So I backed up and plowed through the guy, then backed up to roll over him and he was gone. Just poof. Also there was another guy nearby and he took off running at warp speed, like faster-than-car speed.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't expecting the game to look phenomenal on the Series X, as the promised next-gen graphics update is not due until next year, but boy is it rather disappointing to look at in its current state. Whoever said before that the PS5 version looks worse than some last gen games, yeah, that's spot on here, too. I've been playing a lot of RDR2 lately, it's far more impressive graphically, and it's over two years old.

Yeah I know, PC master race and all that, but I figured my aging 1070 and 1080p SDR monitor would be giving up too much when I could be playing on a big OLED in 4K HDR. I'll power through for a bit, but may just wait it out unless the update gets pushed back several months.

Ok yeah I’m on PS5. May have to try PC.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guys I've encountered a bug! I was driving around and saw this giant obese man sauntering around. I was like hey, I wonder if this game lets you run people over without repercussions. So I backed up and plowed through the guy, then backed up to roll over him and he was gone. Just poof. Also there was another guy nearby and he took off running at warp speed, like faster-than-car speed.

I had a corpse poof on me in the prologue. The bit where you're busting in to rescue the girl and two wandering guys walk past. The one killed by Welles just vanished a few seconds after his body hit the floor.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Ok yeah I’m on PS5. May have to try PC.

I'm not sure if the PS5 has a quality / performance option, but if so you may want to try switching to quality to see if it looks better without sacrificing too much framerate. I need to give it a shot myself - maybe that's what I'm missing.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, my first impressions.

Damn this game is pretty. I found myself just exploring and looking at....everything. Subtle things like the rain and the reflections in the water. I loved how the light reflects off surfaces. I spent 30 minutes in the first bar looking around. When riding as a passenger, I was looking out the window at all of the details. I have read that disabling a few things improves the graphics but have not bothered yet.

I play it on my Laptop which uses a 2080 video card with 32 gig ram. So far it has run very smoothly. There have been small graphic bugs but they are rare enough as to not distract from the enjoyment. I just chuckled when items flickered.

I had to get used to WASD controls so I ran the trainer for a while to get accustomed to the keybinds. The initial quest was fun, but I was sad when they took away my 300 round auto fire gun after the girl got picked up by the Seal Evac/medic team. I was playing at work and I must say that the time went by real fast.

I never played Witcher 3 all that much and so the format is new to me. The NPC interaction is the weak point of this game. As stated, it makes no sense to offer 2 choices for dialogue with no effect to those choices. I am guessing they put it in, to have the programming in for later patches. I was hoping to have better random interactions with NPCS. I did give coin to the beggar.

As the game stands The graphics and sound (With the right system) are as good as it gets. I consider myself playing the foundation of a near perfect game. The building isn't finished yet but when it does get finished, it will be a game that people talk about and play for years to come. I can only imagine the kind of Mods that will come out for this game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played about 4 hours last night on PS5 and crashed 3 times, all 3 times were when getting out of my car which I thought was weird.

I've only encountered a few visual glitches so far, one was in my apartment when looking at the mirror. One time it reflected me naked even though I had clothes on, the other time I had clothes on but no hair. I also have a glitch where my boobs(playing a female) are showing through my shirt like I had cut holes in the shirt.

Other than that, things are going pretty well. Story is engaging so far, and the world is pretty amazing. Tons to do on the map which I always like. :)

Probably going to do a bunch of side stuff for a bit to gain some experience.

I can't wait to see what they'll do with the next gen optimized version of the game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure if the PS5 has a quality / performance option, but if so you may want to try switching to quality to see if it looks better without sacrificing too much framerate. I need to give it a shot myself - maybe that's what I'm missing.
Yeah they do not unfortunately. The game runs great at 60 FPS, but I wonder what I am missing in detail. :(

I just double dipped and will download now. 3700x with 2070 Super in 1440p Gsync. Will let you know of the results.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
The only bug that I have got so far is that when I hold tab to scan things I get stuck in that mode and can't get out of it in game.