Cyberpunk 2077

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't think the game needed looter shooter with busted ass loot randomization at all. Because I found some bullshit item I am instant killing everything right now like I mentioned. Will need to tone it down soon to avoid boredom.

There's a lot of build variety available here but you need to do some legwork/reading to understand it. Then hunt down items to make it work which I guarantee people are not doing so they're just FPSing it.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I like the game and am having fun. At the same time, I can't help but feel it could be much better and it's not really the game I wanted, just gameplay wise. I would have vastly preferred a more open ended RPG style, no looter shooter bullshit, and a more interactive world. Just because it isn't my personal preference doesn't make it not a good game though.

Everything else aside, just on a purely aesthetic and design level, it is by far my favorite open world of any game I've ever played. The city itself is magnificently done.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I havent crashed at all. I have seen some UI bugs, such as commands stuck on screen, area staying hostile after there are no more enemies, cant sprint etc, shit like that. Nothing too serious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Beat a few of the endings today. ~50 hours played (some afk time in there). One hard crash. A few save and re-load to get a convo/event to trigger (no time lost except the reload).

Its pretty clear the scope of the game is huge and that they wanted so much more. Definitely some placeholders that function, but aren't that special. Its also pretty clear that a lot of the game has insane attention to detail. Not that the bugs aren't silly, but I think people seem to focus on the bad and don't realize there is also a lot of fucking good.

I felt the story was solid. Endings I saw were fairly good as well and ranged from all sorts of emotions.

Not sure I'll 100% this run, but I could see doing another 20-30 hours of side quests and I will return for 2nd/3rd runs on the DLCs.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Seems pretty reasonable, and basically confirms my earlier suspicions. Will have another look in a year or so.

Yeah, I ended up not pre-ordering because my spidey sense was tingling from all the delays. I didn't remember Witcher 3 being too bad but I also couldn't remember if I played it immediately at release or waited a couple months.

In any case, I'll definitely get this at full price once the miracle patch comes out.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They definitely have some amazing bones to build on and there are plenty of issues. I don't really expect the random NPCs walking around to do anything other than walk around. Whenever I stop and just look at shit I am like, damn this is a good looking city. The game has absolutely incredible atmosphere. But over the next year or so they continue to build on it, like most games seem to do these days here's what I want. I have like 34 hours in.
  • Improve vehicle physics. Everything is floaty but the motorcycles handle well. Make cars more fun to drive. I've rarely even wanted to use fast travel but driving cars suck. Luckily Samurai only ride future bikes.
  • They won't remove looter shooter so make it less insane and more balanced.
  • Fix crafting from being worthless. There's loads of Iconic items with interesting effects (this is the build depth) but if you don't randomly get them or are unable to craft them it's just a big newp. Crafting shit is way too hard when you're showered with items constantly.
  • Fix stats/bonuses to prevent stupidly OP one shot kill builds like I randomly stumbled on.
  • Inventory is fucked and annoying to use. UI too. This was a problem Witcher 3 had on launch.
  • Make cybernetic weapons better. Mantis blades are just janky to use compared to katana. I don't get it.
  • Really missed out on having properties/apartments that you can fill with collectibles like the vinyl junk you find laying around. That is something I like.
  • Add fucking transmog. God damn.
  • Risking running Illegal cyberwar would have been cool as fuck. Some merchants talked about it. It seems like mantis blades/etc were supposed to be illegal cyberware. Which makes sense in terms of RPG/gameplay but was abandoned whenever they decided to go with the Skyrim/Fallout style of progression where you're never truly locked out of anything.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Is there a button you need to press to lock on to a target with smart weapons? I have the implant installed, just not sure if I need to be tagging someone or something

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is there a button you need to press to lock on to a target with smart weapons? I have the implant installed, just not sure if I need to be tagging someone or something
Just aim down the sights and it seems to work for me.

• 1Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm playing it on the Xbox One X. I haven't had any issues with graphic loads or but I've run into a series of other issues. Like major dead stick drifting after loading screens. Not being able to enter combat at all, not while on missions or brawling quests or just around the city. The weapon is briefly brought up and immediately disappears.
The rag doll shit with vehicles is annoying and the pathing for vehicles is worse than the Witcher 3 horse trails when it released.

I'm just going to wait for patches before picking it back up.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm only like 6 or so hours into the story on PC but I've run into very few technical issues. No crashes at all. The only issues are that sometimes an NPC will get stuck, most dead bodies "twitch" like they're moaning in a painful nightmare and I keep finding items on the ground I can't pick up. Saving and reloading fixes things other than items that can't be picked up,. a bug that existed in Witcher 3 too.
They're still alive, execute them for big SC

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
As for 'wet noodle' armor, just get the 200 armor cyberware. It's not even particularly expensive, and I haven't seen any other competition for that slot either.

20201214130313_1.jpg

200 on your body pales in comparison. I still have the dermal plating though.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

I feel like a retard lol. I just found out if you dont touch mouse while driving it turns the camera for you. I was all fucked up trying to manually maneuver camera to see in front of me lol. Way better now.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, just aim and fire. I got a Legendary sub machine gun that shreds. Too bad I'm a pistol build. lol

• 1Like

Jozu

Sniper Rifles are awesome. If you get a good one and mod it to have zero vertical recoil/sway it rapes. Crit head shots for 11k etc. (lvl 17)

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What a buggy piece of shit game this is lol. It needed another 6 months minimum. Sure, it looks amazing on a 3090 but step outside the story box for a second and you encounter an endless series of bugs and poopsockery. Glitches, NPCs clipping, dialog getting stuck, random hit boxes, textures not loading, resolution switching, UI elements getting stuck. Putting this on the shelf for now. Definitely the buggiest launch I've waded through in a long time. Seems like it will be a fun game once they fix it, but playing it now just seems like attempting to ruin your own experience.

See I have had barely any of this. Maybe I got lucky. I've seen some floating items very rarely and had 1 instance where I had to reload to a save about 2 minutes earlier because the car I was supposed to get in for the quest just wasnt there. Also a few instances of sound still playing from a spot long after i left it. I can't even come close to calling it buggiest game I have seen at launch, so many have beaten it. And this is all 44 hours in according to steam, still haven't finished the story and done a a lot of side gigs/quests(still a ton on the map).

I guess I am one of the few that doesn't mind the looter aspect of it. As I would find it more weird if I just cleared a den of 5-10 bad guys and could only loot 1 weapon and a tshirt from it all. This games seems to lean on the more realistic side but not full on(aka everyone you kill drops a weapon and usually something off them, and all their little camps/bases have crap laying all around but you are not stripping them of every piece of clothing they have).

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They definitely have some amazing bones to build on and there are plenty of issues. I don't really expect the random NPCs walking around to do anything other than walk around. Whenever I stop and just look at shit I am like, damn this is a good looking city. The game has absolutely incredible atmosphere. But over the next year or so they continue to build on it, like most games seem to do these days here's what I want. I have like 34 hours in.
  • Improve vehicle physics. Everything is floaty but the motorcycles handle well. Make cars more fun to drive. I've rarely even wanted to use fast travel but driving cars suck. Luckily Samurai only ride future bikes.
  • They won't remove looter shooter so make it less insane and more balanced.
  • Fix crafting from being worthless. There's loads of Iconic items with interesting effects (this is the build depth) but if you don't randomly get them or are unable to craft them it's just a big newp. Crafting shit is way too hard when you're showered with items constantly.
  • Fix stats/bonuses to prevent stupidly OP one shot kill builds like I randomly stumbled on.
  • Inventory is fucked and annoying to use. UI too. This was a problem Witcher 3 had on launch.
  • Make cybernetic weapons better. Mantis blades are just janky to use compared to katana. I don't get it.
  • Really missed out on having properties/apartments that you can fill with collectibles like the vinyl junk you find laying around. That is something I like.
  • Add fucking transmog. God damn.
  • Risking running Illegal cyberwar would have been cool as fuck. Some merchants talked about it. It seems like mantis blades/etc were supposed to be illegal cyberware. Which makes sense in terms of RPG/gameplay but was abandoned whenever they decided to go with the Skyrim/Fallout style of progression where you're never truly locked out of anything.
Yeah, crafting seems like a massively missed opportunity. The looter shooter part kind of annoys me, but it's mostly because crafting is so punishingly expensive. Add in that there's apparently a skill block on top of the rarity of components and I essentially just don't use it.

Additionally, money fucking blows ass. It's just WAY too rare. It'd probably take me a dozen side missions to afford a single one of those shitty cars. Like, what the fuck? I've got a list of like 30 "buy this car" missions but I'm not blowing every cent I've earned on a van that costs $30k.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I watched a friend playing on his new 3080+ rig etc and he didn't have any major bugs. There was some minor glitches like people sliding, appearing out of nowhere, etc, but not to the extent the masses are complaining about. You can definitely cheeze every fight with some good ol' mob positioning tactics. Watched him catch mech suit guys on doorways a dozen times and then just repeatedly headshot them.

Looks like a good game. Not the wreck the complainers are saying it is or the NEXT BIG THING the hopium boys were peddling, but definitely looks like a Next Gen Fallout/GTA/Mass Effect kind of deal.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are alot of plot lines I thought was easily unidentifiable and looted from movies imo
For example
Predator 2
Elysium
Promethues
Minority report
Black Panther

For for someeee reason it all lacked some final finishing touches. Was abit of a cliff hanger. Idk probably due to covid? But the direction was great though.

Jozu

I like that money is hard to come by. As soon as a games currency becomes trivial and you have 100 million $ it really drags down the item system. When you are scraping for money, purchases are more consequential which leads to you having a different difficulty curve and experience. I was getting raped at around lvl 8 or so I had a kind of shitty blue pistol and a double barrel shotgun, I wasnt finding any good weapons and was struggling. Then I found an epic AR and sniper in the same building and it completely changed how I play. I can wreck even higher level enemies with ease now. The item system can be cluttered but it works in the sense of advancement IMO.