Cyberpunk 2077

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I'm maybe 5-6 hours in. I've only completed a handful of main story missions and have mostly explored and done some side stuff. I'm having a really difficult time getting into this game. It feels backwards and strangely shallow in a lot of aspects that are surprising. I love the shit out of The Witcher 3, it's one of my all time favorites. In theory, taking that game and reskinning it for a Bladerunner setting should be DOING IT for me, and it's just...not, and not because of the graphics, performance, or bugs. Is there any hope that getting deeper into the story / mechanics will significantly improve the experience? I'm really trying here but it's feeling decidedly non-immersive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
This is literally implicit design bias in the wild. Cops in GTA don't subcontract random mercs to stop crimes with lethal force just so they can gather evidence. Cops in GTA don't give you missions to enforce failure of rent payment on city property by killing all of them. The NCPD are just another Corpo in this game too. They're privately owned.

To me its fascinating because I've never observed it. In tech its mostly something that UX people fight with. Example being that there are tons of newer and more efficient UIs out there but people expect websites to work like X and get mad when Y is not like X. Even if Y was never meant to replace X. But they're the same because they're both websites.
It is weird to me how people absolutely cannot accept a thing differing from what they expect it to be. Open world + in a city = must play like GTA. If you followed this game before release, 95% of shitpost bashing it were some flavor of "lmao it's just GTA with a future skin, what a piece of shit". Now all the same shitposters are mad that it isn't GTA with a future skin.

The problem is largely with peoples' expectations, not really the game itself. If they hacked the badlands off and you couldn't travel there without a loading screen and took away drivable cars, suddenly it's a "hub world" game and all the GTA complaints evaporate. There's plenty of shit to complain about with this game. "It doesn't play like GTA" is your problem though, not the game's.

• 10Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Skyrim is one of the best games I've played and most fun I've had. Loved exploring it, modding it, doing side quests and stuff. Yet it was so broken at release the main quest bugged out at the Thalmor Embassy quest stage and I couldn't finish the main campaign. Still had an awesome time. Sure, it would have been even more awesome had it all worked perfectly from the get go, but meh.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
walnut sauce
hold up...is this some kind of Soygen Soygen thing?

tenor.gif

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Skyrim is one of the best games I've played and most fun I've had. Loved exploring it, modding it, doing side quests and stuff. Yet it was so broken at release the main quest bugged out at the Thalmor Embassy quest stage and I couldn't finish the main campaign. Still had an awesome time. Sure, it would have been even more awesome had it all worked perfectly from the get go, but meh.
Vanilla Skyrim is an AWFUL game. Modded Skyrim is one of my favorite games and I probably have more time played it than any other. It shocks me that it is as well regarded as it is when the vast majority of players have never modded it at all.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Vanilla Skyrim is an AWFUL game. Modded Skyrim is one of my favorite games and I probably have more time played it than any other. It shocks me that it is as well regarded as it is when the vast majority of players have never modded it at all.
The vast majority of players, you say?

LFZ3Bk.gif

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also, just so you mongoloids know - the police AI "issues" (they aren't issues, that was by design btw), "I can't interact with every random person on the street!11!" (even though there are literally thousands of unique "pedestrians" and are meant to serve only as window dressing while moving from quest to quest) are arguing on the side of Resetera, Reddit, twitter et al. Congrats, you're officially liberal trannies. Remember, the people who agree with you here are the people who didn't want the game released at all, because muh tranny rights.

There are definitely issues with the game, like Gravel Gravel stated I'm getting more bugs now than I did the first 30 hours, but still nothing too distracting (did have a hard crash yesterday causing me to lose about 20 minutes of gameplay).

Springboks, cis alpha male list of things they need to improve/fix (only applies to me, not pleb PS4 users):

Transmog
Improved vehicle handling (though it gets markedly better with better vehicles)
Barbershop
General bug fixes
Improve Crafting
General economy fixes: I agree with Jozu Jozu about money being scarce generally being a good thing, but cars cost too much $$ vs $$ earned, plus all the cyberware stuff. 60 hours in I'm sitting at $250k but still haven't purchased double jump, gorilla arms, and most cars.
More customization - think this is definitely coming at some point, apartment, vehicle, etc.

This is an RPG FPS set in Cyberpunk universe. It isn't wide open sandbox GTA, it isn't fucking RDR2's tedium simulator (a game this very message board shit on for being too realistic, but is now using as a high watermark for FPS RPG's for some reason). It's cool to not like this game, different strokes and all that but get a fucking argument you didn't regurgitate from Reddit or just say "I wanted Cyberpunk GTA" and what I got was an FPS Witcher so I'm disappointed.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Any critism of CP2077 that's not bug-related is coming out of the mouth of a thin-lipped pickle sucking incel.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My biggest issue with the game aside from bugs and balance are the quests. Witcher 3 set the mark for some seriously high quality quests with meaningful moral decision that impacted the outcome. After 25 hours or so(act 2 only), I haven't seen a single memorable quest. It has a great story, with good characters...so not complaining on that front, but it lacks the moral ambiguity that a lot of quests had in Witcher 3, to me this is where Cyberpunk falls short.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My biggest issue with the game aside from bugs and balance are the quests. Witcher 3 set the mark for some seriously high quality quests with meaningful moral decision that impacted the outcome. After 25 hours or so(act 2 only), I haven't seen a single memorable quest. It has a great story, with good characters...so not complaining on that front, but it lacks the moral ambiguity that a lot of quests had in Witcher 3, to me this is where Cyberpunk falls short.

Agreed with the bolded, hard disagree with the no memorable side quests though. I've heard that the quests you've done affect the ending, though I can't speak to that as I'm still on Act 2 60 hours in. There are two quests/lines in particular here that are every bit as good as even the Bloody Baron, but don't come until later and are pretty moving. In fact, I'd argue that the story and quests here are the best part about the game (other than the game world, which is the star of the show).

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Definitely some wtf moments I like it overall though.

The prisoner redemption questline was a major one, crazy as fuck whoever wrote that