Cyberpunk 2077

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Once I got the Mantis Blades, I never looked back.

I can't imagine anything else killing shit faster or more efficiently. As an example, Adam Smasher fell in 4 seconds and was staggered the entire time. Every other baddy falls in 1 hit and with the time slows + your speed up per kill, most camps gets cleared before they get a shot off.

There is lots of OP shit in the game, but the Mantis Blade mobility and speed added an extra layer of OP'ness that guns didn't have.
THis was my experience except I ran Katana's, basically stun locked every boss, 1 shot everything and just used double jump and constant spring to move around. Adam smasher died in like 4 seconds for me too.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think someone said that epic super jump is yet another piece of cyber gated behind not punching fingers.

*edit*

im wrong, that's hover jump (which im told sucks, although that may come down to preference cause I think Vorph was slobbing hover jump's knob earlier in the thread). dunno where 'epic super jump' is.
Epic version of super jump is what adds the hover to it. And it's awesome. Jumps a bit higher than double jump from what I can tell, plus hovering lets you move a bit before you drop. During combat you can do lots of fun shit with it. Like you don't feel like dealing with some melee asshole, because a lot of melee attacks seem to ignore armor entirely? Super jump, hover, and rain death from above while he can't do shit.

And yeah, that's the one piece of cyberware Fingers sells that is a big loss if you punch/kill him and didn't buy it first.

Jozu

So yeah the katana I found is even more ridiculous than I thought.

Its all black legendary/iconic named Jinchu Maru. Does + 100% crit chance while kerenzikov is active, double damage on last combo strike, and twice the damage against enemies that have more than twice your health. So if you pop synaptic accelerator and use quick combo strikes, its disgusting. And it doesnt matter having to just run in, because the more health you lose the harder you hit. With the double damage off of health, then the double damage on last strike, with 100% crit chance, on top of the +88 crit damage on the weapon? (and I have maxed base crit damage at 149 and maxed crit chance at 52%) Its diabolical.

I ploughed through a camp of 4 dudes in 4 seconds flat.(one crit I landed was for 72k lmao) I have to agree with using smart weapons compared to a blade is indeed fucking pussy lol.

Jozu

Oh my fault I didnt even notice. I was just looking through loot after a couple missions and saw it.

I did find a random purple drop off a trash enemy but I never seen the pistol type until I found that one. it called a tamayura. Really good little pistol, 8 shots with good stats. It fires nice and clean, extremely accurate. Makes combat fun.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game definitely needs a hard balance pass once they get the bugs patched out. Wish there was a difficulty which was actually challenging, but guessing from what we heard about melee combat at crunch time and how bad it was it seems their approach was just make it faceroll and 1 shot everything.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah difficulty is lacking past like lv 10 and a good weapon. Which there is a shit ton of. This game needs a true hard mode and mobs that scale past your level for any sort of challenge.

Revolvers, snipers, shotties and any weapon that shoots 2 rounds or more and even melee, coupled with perks all scale to obscene levels that pretty much one shot everyone you encounter at like lv20.

I hope they introduce more difficult game+. And I'll run it all again for sure.

Cybsled

Ya, I upgraded River's iconic gun to Legendary, slapped a silencer and an additional headshot multiplier mod on it /w other stuff, and thing explodes heads for 400k damage from sneak lol

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The only times I've died are when I've killed myself with grenades and the rocket launcher arm mod.

I just don't think CDPR is good at difficulty. Witcher 3 is pretty easy even on Death March.

• 1Like

Del

Vyemm Raider
Don't put any points in Body and you'll get 1 shot by plenty of enemies in the game.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Don't put any points in Body and you'll get 1 shot by plenty of enemies in the game.
Nah you can wear really strong armour with a body of 3. You can craft armour mods that add many 100s of armour per upgrade slot, so one set of pants can provide thousands of armour.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There some trick to the boxing matches? Seems like i have to punch the opponent 100s of times, but if i get hit 2-3 times I'm done

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
There some trick to the boxing matches? Seems like i have to punch the opponent 100s of times, but if i get hit 2-3 times I'm done
Most of them have attack patterns that are easy to recognise and avoid. A few of them have weak spots too where it does more damage and staggers them. Investing in perks in body makes them a lot easier.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Nah you can wear really strong armour with a body of 3. You can craft armour mods that add many 100s of armour per upgrade slot, so one set of pants can provide thousands of armour.
I've yet to see any armor mods that are this strong. Although, I'm sure you are right. You can search the internet and make practically any western RPG in existence relatively trivial by researching the best builds or finding information that most people wouldn't find on their first playthrough without outside help.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Well, there's the ones I listed:

Bosses: Comrade's Hammer can one-shot anything from what I've seen, provided you have the handgun and Tech perks. If by some chance it doesn't one-shot, you can use a legendary DR12 Quasar instead and there is definitely nothing that can survive a full magazine from it. It crits constantly, which triggers Short Circuit over and over, ensuring they can't do anything back either.

Trash: Divided We Stand is a smart AR that targets up to 5 things at a time. You just point it in the general direction of a camp of enemies and they all die, nearly always without even needing to reload.

My iconics aren't even legendary yet, since I wait until L50 to do the final upgrade (because AFAIK you cannot re-craft them, only upgrade, and that gets ungodly expensive when you try to do more than a couple levels).

Yeah, that's the biggest reason I wouldn't use mantis for a full melee build after messing around with it on my other builds prior to saving up the E$ for gorilla arms. You can kill a whole group of enemies with a katana in the time it takes the mantis animation to play, and if you were using a katana you'd be in slo-mo (from Kerenzikov or Synaptic Accelerator) the whole time. With mantis you have to kill the rest of the group with them moving at full speed.
ftfy

Cybsled

I usually die to mines that I don't see lol

You can cheese the boxing matches. Before the match starts, go to your inventory and select to drop a melee weapon. After the match starts, run to the melee weapon on the ground and press R to equip it. You can now use the melee weapon to beat the fighter.

• 1Worf