Cyberpunk 2077

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm going through the PC version now, taking it nice and slow and enjoying the visuals and story. I appreciate that while some of the world feels empty, they did put a lot of love into this. Walking by the memorial place (Columbarian) on the outskirts of town for example, and a father/daughter in front of me have this long, voiced conversation; she hates that they're poor and cant talk to their dead mom via AI like their rich friends. Little touches like that I appreciate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, all of you faggots bougt on the hate train for this game like the sheeple you are. The game was fine, PC at least, but then who the fuck plays console in 2020? Got 2 play through on this game at release and it ran flawless I even had a 1070 at the time which was dog shit. Still got 50-60 fps with some tweaks. Only gripe I had is that it was too easy especially in mid-to-end game.

I guess the expectations that this game would suck your dick and licked your ass hole never panned out?

• 10Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 13 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Preach brother.

Even with all of the problems I thoroughly enjoyed my playthrough. Top 5 game for me. But I am biased as I am a super fanboy for Cyberpunk.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LOL, all of you faggots bougt on the hate train for this game like the sheeple you are. The game was fine, PC at least, but then who the fuck plays console in 2020? Got 2 play through on this game at release and it ran flawless I even had a 1070 at the time which was dog shit. Still got 50-60 fps with some tweaks. Only gripe I had is that it was too easy especially in mid-to-end game.

I guess the expectations that this game would suck your dick and licked your ass hole never panned out?
Well.. ya. I paid that asian bitch good money to do that and all I got was some jhanky ass peep show!

• 1Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I played it on a console and it was fine for me. Almost no crashes and some silly graphics errors occasionally. If I had one complaint it would be the balancing. It was just way too easy, especially with any hacking in the mix. Well that and the driving sucked.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is no doubt that you can see some amazing visuals in this game. The ambience in particular parts of the city is amazing. When a game has me just walking around and admiring the world that was built, they did something right. It is a shame that it released incomplete. I am waiting until the patches eventually bring this game up to the standard they wanted before I replay it. I know I may never see it, but I want to see the game that was intended.

Jozu

If they could have kept the buddy cop vibe of two bros going out to enjoy the city like the mission when you first go to Afterlife they could have made an AMAZING single player story experience. The jamaican net runner stuff was also super interesting, if they could have went deeper into that and made it more part of the actual gameplay that could have really pushed the game into legendary status.

But the hallow background story aspects and the repetative mid game missions really knock this game down a few notches.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
If they could have kept the buddy cop vibe of two bros going out to enjoy the city like the mission when you first go to Afterlife they could have made an AMAZING single player story experience. The jamaican net runner stuff was also super interesting, if they could have went deeper into that and made it more part of the actual gameplay that could have really pushed the game into legendary status.

But the hallow background story aspects and the repetative mid game missions really knock this game down a few notches.

The River Ward sidequests are like that, and it felt longer and more fleshed out than the Jackie intro.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The quests that had ongoing storylines were all exceptional. Unfortunately that's maybe 20-25% of the game, and the remainder of it is just meaningless one-off side missions that add absolutely nothing. It was a mistake to go all in on the open world aspect when they should have focused more on tight narrative structure.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Only played a few months ago when it was $10. Had very few issues on series x. Few bugs, mostly just visual. For the stigma being it sucked and wasn't getting patched, seemed to be fine.

Some issues to echo, like driving cars sucked (motorcycles were fun though). Got too easy. Lots of side stuff when they could have made the main game more robust (more meaningful background choice, more romances).

Was surprised the acting and writing were pretty good, which is one of the harder things to do.

Didn't understand the hate for the game. Last gen consoles seemed to have issues in particular, but aside from that, was it just from expectations being too high and everything being so on edge these days people don't seem to want to escape the tension of the real world as bring it into everything else these days?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The quests that had ongoing storylines were all exceptional. Unfortunately that's maybe 20-25% of the game, and the remainder of it is just meaningless one-off side missions that add absolutely nothing. It was a mistake to go all in on the open world aspect when they should have focused more on tight narrative structure.

It's a shame the side missions didn't scale to your level because you just hit a point where you've done absolutely everything and are maxed out and there's literally no challenge left.

You can almost stare hard enough at shit and make it explode.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Bascially this. I was on a 1070 too. It was fun, I had a blast. Put I think ~200 hours in. No problems running it. A few bugs, mostly visual(guns gloating) and 1 mission bug that made me restart. I will agree it got pretty easy later. I went hacker route. And basically would clear a floor of bad guys via a camera and never be seen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Seems like most normal people thoroughly enjoyed the game to me lol. Fuck big media.

And yea you are right about the River quests. They were great, they needed more of that.

One thing I would like to see in games is killing people have real merit and weight. Like instead of casually skullfucking a random Faulty Armor like its nothing and mowing down dozens and dozens of enemies in less than 3 minutes, what if comitting to being a killer is heavy. Make the decision of killing have real concequences, whether good or bad, and focus more on effecting other aspects of the game world rather than just wiping out swathes of enemies.

Like, how awesome would it be to run into a character later in the game who is pissed becuz you killed his little brother (who was the boss guy in a side mission where you could of beat him up or robbed him, but instead you went all the way and killed him) and he disables you, causing you to miss out on an upgrade, or other times it works out and you got rewarded for doing a kill.

It would make the narrative infinetely more engaging. Closest thing I can think of to this would be killing the sorceress chic in The Witcher 3 and then not being able to buy stuff from her or see out her story arc.

And its hilarious because they went in the opposite direction. The psycopath missions are a perfect example. They try and get you to forgo killing the mini bosses with a reward, but then right after completing the mission you can just blatanlty fucking kill them anyway haha.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Like, how awesome would it be to run into a character later in the game who is pissed becuz you killed his little brother (who was the boss guy in a side mission where you could of beat him up or robbed him, but instead you went all the way and killed him) and he disables you, causing you to miss out on an upgrade, or other times it works out and you got rewarded for doing a kill.
Like a Shadows of Mordor system where killing certain NPCs trigger other NPCs to come forward in revenge or whatever would have been cool for sure.

Was definitely surprised that killing civilians etc had no impact plus the cops leave you alone almost instantly if you get a couple of stars.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Like a Shadows of Mordor system where killing certain NPCs trigger other NPCs to come forward in revenge or whatever would have been cool for sure.

Was definitely surprised that killing civilians etc had no impact plus the cops leave you alone almost instantly if you get a couple of stars.
The revenge system is copy righted by the game you're taking points from.

AI for cops has been shit tier in 2077 since forever. They were buzzing like hornets and appearing on top of you. Then the patch just made them obliviously dumb. I'd rather have dumb than the other side.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Just read about that. But it also says multiple companies run similar systems or have patents (Ubisoft, Square Enix etc.) and that is why they were rejected for so long (2015 initial - 2021 granted) before tailoring it to whatever specificity is theirs so I'm pretty sure CDPR or any studio with money could do similar and tell WB to get fucked. Indies would likely get drowned in legal fees though which is pretty lame.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
CDPR is scaling back Cyberpunk 2077 staff to free them up to work on Cyberpunk 2077.

I DID A JOURNALISM!

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 9 users

Cybsled

I'd rather they focus on an actual expansion vs some half-baked "DLC" that add nothing lol

• 1Like