Dallas

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I haven't shot skeet in a decade.

More than willing to show up and embarrass myself

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
Late to the game but Hutchins Bbq in McKinney..AYCE for $25 and that includes their catfish. For an out of town Mexican experience go over to Joe T Garcia's in Fort Worth and get some Margaritas and food. Great environment and pretty kickass chicken fajitas.

<--- Dfw resident for last 25+ years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Almost ended up moving to Austin TJT TJT lol

My company got bought last Monday...whole new executive staff based out of Austin. Dev is staying in dallas but sales/execs are moving down. I'll probably be going down there once a month to be seen/take a long weekend, so we'll have to get some BBQ/beers.

Might even drag Butthurt Butthurt with me.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Texas is such a shit state.

That is all.

Edit: Maybe it's just the cities. Small towns in East Texas are prolly nice.

But everything in Houston and Dallas has been a headache. The amount of bullshit and paperwork is astounding

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Texas is such a shit state.

That is all.

Edit: Maybe it's just the cities. Small towns in East Texas are prolly nice.

But everything in Houston and Dallas has been a headache. The amount of bullshit and paperwork is astounding

Lived there for years. Own a house there. Own property there. Not really some place you would like. It's good for me. I live outside of town, way outside.

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Paperwork? For what lol.

Municipal utilities wanted a copy of the lease, copy of everyone's ID (because Texas is doing a great job at what exactly with this?)

Landlord wanted more fucking info for a rental than the bank wanted for a mortgage. And everything needed to be done with money orders because the glut of shit immigrants here aren't trust worthy enough to just use cash, check, or wire transfer

Gas company wanted more shit than the water utility.

Electric was at least not idiotic with requests.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
So how would we feel about June for a shoot? Like June 15? Gonna cross post in guns thread.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I've never experienced any of that in Austin.

It wasnt this bad in Houston either, and technically I live in McKinney (Aka, North Dallas), so I dunno. Pegging it as a Dallas headache. Its all done tho.

Even have hot water now.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Municipal utilities wanted a copy of the lease, copy of everyone's ID (because Texas is doing a great job at what exactly with this?)

Landlord wanted more fucking info for a rental than the bank wanted for a mortgage. And everything needed to be done with money orders because the glut of shit immigrants here aren't trust worthy enough to just use cash, check, or wire transfer

Gas company wanted more shit than the water utility.

Electric was at least not idiotic with requests.

I guess i just consider this as par.

In SoCal when wife and I were renting you basically had to give them all that plus SSN, references, last 3 living situations and addresses as well as contact information for those locations if they were rentals or leases.

Now that we own the only people that give a shit about information are the medical people. Debating switching to Children's Health Network simply because they have a Kaiser like medical system where I can get access to all my kids records easily. Texas needs a Kaiser type system, not like Baylor isn't already Kaiser-esque though, that and the Methodist health system. May just stick with Baylor though sicne the OB/GYN was amazing for my wife on child 2.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I guess i just consider this as par.

In SoCal when wife and I were renting you basically had to give them all that plus SSN, references, last 3 living situations and addresses as well as contact information for those locations if they were rentals or leases.

Now that we own the only people that give a shit about information are the medical people. Debating switching to Children's Health Network simply because they have a Kaiser like medical system where I can get access to all my kids records easily. Texas needs a Kaiser type system, not like Baylor isn't already Kaiser-esque though, that and the Methodist health system. May just stick with Baylor though sicne the OB/GYN was amazing for my wife on child 2.

So you baseline is a communist country?

No wonder you find it acceptable, I'm from America, so Texas metros are basically third world imo.

• 1Worf

Burr

Molten Core Raider
Wife, kids and I are looking to move to Texas from NYC within the next year. Looking primarily at Plano, Allen, Frisco and McKinney area since her job will let her telecommute. Also looking at the Austin suburb area since her business might open an office there. Any insight into the mentioned areas would be great. Schools, crime, etc. Thank you.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Wife, kids and I are looking to move to Texas from NYC within the next year. Looking primarily at Plano, Allen, Frisco and McKinney area since her job will let her telecommute. Also looking at the Austin suburb area since her business might open an office there. Any insight into the mentioned areas would be great. Schools, crime, etc. Thank you.

All those places you list are better than NYC to live in with the exception of food so you're good.

People will probably disagree with me, but Plano/Frisco appear to be the same thing to me, while McKinney/Allen are just a slightly poorer version of Plano/Frisco.

They are all Pleasantville style suburbs with giant strip malls and big homes.

• 1Solidarity

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

Coppell is a good place to check out. Public schools are great, if that is your choice. Close to Dallas but not in Dallas. Has a quaint feel about it but has nice homes and parks.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plano is pretty built out. Newer homes have mow strips for yards and are right on top of each other. I’d keep your search west of Coit road.

You’ll get more house for your money going north but you’ll realize more that you are living in tract housing in recently converted farmland. Public schools are fine, but massive.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
If you didn't want to be right next to Dallas, Mansfield is also an extremely nice suburb just south of Arlington. I'd also check Coppell as recommended above.

Really, no shortage of Pleasantville type areas around DFW.

• 1Like