DAOC: Origins - New Server

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone still dealing with the stuttering issue? I noticed that when I hold the right or left mouse button (IE make the cursor disappear) the stuttering goes away.

I also noticed that the mouse cursor itself is the basic Windows one. Is there supposed to be a unique DAoC cursor?

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
I fixed my stuttering by downgrading to 12.1 AMD drivers or whatever the oldest ones they had on their site were. Might work for you

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
The way they do exp on this server is brilliant. Encourages grouping and socializing without being lazy and just turning on 50x exp or whatever.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
No doubt. 40+ back in the day was brutal as hell. Still though this gets you to the action very fast if you are not anti social. Couple days of active grouping and you should be in the frontier.

Warning on toxic player, VXO tried to force me to invite a level 22 into our 45ish zerg farm group if not he was gonna kick me from the BG group, which didnt happen because he didnt have lead or something. Just the way he tried to get his buddy into the group got me to say no, on principle. He tried to use the pretext that i was new at the game to say i didnt know what i was doing. He wanted to invite a dead weight level 22 when i was getting us a 40+ cleric and wiz as 6/8 and 7/8.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dude, when I got level 50 last night 6 people in my group were in the teens. It doesn't really matter what level people are in your group, you just need to do 1 damage to a mob to get the tag for exp. It's kinda shitty to refuse to group the low levels. You could have 1 40+ AE class and 7 level 1s and it will be fine.

Anyways, someone help me do the epic armor quest in Midgard.

Dude, when I got level 50 last night 6 people in my group were in the teens. It doesn't really matter what level people are in your group, you just need to do 1 damage to a mob to get the tag for exp. It's kinda shitty to refuse to group the low levels. You could have 1 40+ AE class and 7 level 1s and it will be fine.

Anyways, someone help me do the epic armor quest in Midgard.
Theres plenty of other xp trains to ride than the end level ones. As i explained, it was the ultimatum of you either take in my lowbie friend or im getting you booted out of the raid that made me solidify my position. What i said at first was give me 10mins and if i cant find anyone to fill the slots ill invite him. We had no healers, no aoers and i sometimes died as i got no heals if i took too much aggro.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
You know, I feel like this game gets a bad rap for its PvE, probably just from people who play the boredom simulator known as DF.

I had a fun group go from 15 to 22 last night, wandering Sal Plains for a while and then going to KF. Very oldschool dungeon crawl feel to that place.

I think I'm going to go relatively slow and enjoy more of that shit. RvR will be there when I get done.

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Rolled back my drivers from 13.x to 12.x and my computer had a fucking meltdown. All sorts of programs started crashing, Explorer was having seizures and crashing and now the Launcher won't open at all.

Weeeeee

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
You know, I feel like this game gets a bad rap for its PvE, probably just from people who play the boredom simulator known as DF.

I had a fun group go from 15 to 22 last night, wandering Sal Plains for a while and then going to KF. Very oldschool dungeon crawl feel to that place.

I think I'm going to go relatively slow and enjoy more of that shit. RvR will be there when I get done.
The group game actually isnt all that bad. The problem, for me at least, was always finding groups. Once the PL groups start rolling finding groups becomes really hard, also even with groups it gets grindy 35+.

Soloing is, and always has been fucking horrible in this game

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Rolled back my drivers from 13.x to 12.x and my computer had a fucking meltdown. All sorts of programs started crashing, Explorer was having seizures and crashing and now the Launcher won't open at all.

Weeeeee
I had a Windows crash on startup at first too. Had to go into safe mode and delete the drivers.

Use this FIRST:

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

It's a driver cleaner.

THEN install the new (old) drivers. Worked for me.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Still haven't received an email with a link to verify and access the forums - it's been two days now
frown.png

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Aaaaand I'm done. Having had a taste of the PvE leveling the legit way, I'm bored already at level 10, and I have no nostalgia of DAOC anyway.