Dark Alliance (Drizzt and co in Icewind Dale)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I pre-ordered. Anyone else?

I did, and I don't preorder very often. I've been trying to get into the D&D / CRPG universe more this year. I missed all of these games the first time out and now they're all getting remasters which is nice

DON'T PRE-ORDER!

I'm waiting on reviews and at least a month before deciding to buy. Been burned too many times, especially in the last year.

I always buy physical copies of games, so if something is bad or short, it's totally fine. I usually sell things within a few weeks of buying them, unless I don't finish them or they get backlogged or whatever of course. But yeah, the majority of the time that I buy something, I play it within a few weeks and sell it, usually for 75-80% of the cost. If I get something and don't like it so I sell within the first week, it's more like 90+% of the cost.

The only time I buy things digital is when I have no choice (Panzer Dragoon Remake, Saga Frontier Remaster) or it's just on a crazy sale (got Pillars of Eternity for like $7).

I've played more games than any other gamers I know locally, by far, and I can almost guarantee I've also spent less money on games than most of them have. While they accumulate shelf games that go unplayed, I'm recouping most of my overhead. But what if you want to play something again later, you ask? If it's something timeless like Mega Man X Collection, I'll hold onto that. However for the most part, in the event that I want to revisit a game, I usually just buy it again. And it's usually a small fraction of what it was when it first came out. Did this with Bloodborne, FF15, etc. Paid $60 for them, got back $45 or so when I was done playing them, eventually wanted to revisit them, got them for $10 at that point.

Anyway tangent over. I'm looking forward to this game and even if it ends up being not great, or short, that doesn't affect me much. Shorter the better in a lot of ways because I have a lot of other stuff to get to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From the above game play video it sure seems like this game has a slew of problems still, hope they fix them.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Not included with Windows game pass. Same shit as Outriders, guess i'm not missing much.
Where are you seeing that? All the PR for it says PC, console and streaming.

One example.

Xerge

<Donor>
Where are you seeing that? All the PR for it says PC, console and streaming.

One example.

In the xbox app. Dark alliance is part of the thumbnail/banner for preloading, but when I click on it the only one missing is the dark alliance game. Also can't find it via search. Same thing happened with Outriders.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Not a lot of content I would bet or rinse and repeat with various level tiers and better loot. No MTX. And it isn’t like it’s 59-69 at launch. Free for me on GP but I would buy it anyway at 39 bucks. One major issue is no cross play. That’s some straight up BS so hopefully we have some Xbox bros here.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Showed girlfriend the trailer with the Flight of the Conchords guy she likes. She recognized him immediately and said the game looked fun, so very good marketing because she rarely plays games, mostly lego games or telltale, but was interested. She survived minecraft dungeons okay, so won't be too frustrating for me I hope.

I'm so anti-social I don't even have a headset, but might get one for this game.... Have microsoft reward points/money to use because I'm a poor, but not sure what to get (online reviews of everything suck these days it seems). Cheap and expect to replace yearly? The new Xbox headsets any good, or is $100 a waste on someone like me that doesn't online game as much and not much of an audiophile?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm a Playstation guy so I can't say for sure. The built-in microphone on the PS5 controller, while not outstanding, is more than serviceable for this kind of thing.

Poll time: What class are people planning to play?
-Drizzt
-Big strong club guy
-Hot girl with bow
-Dorf
-More than one/all of them, gonna play it several times

If you can switch chars on the fly, then that's great. I'm pretty conflicted myself. Only planning to play through this once and I like 3 of the 4 characters. Not going with the club guy. The bow chick looks super fun to play as and I love the overall look of the Dorf. When I think D&D, I think running around with a Dorf warrior. However, I might have to play as Drizzt since I've heard so much over the years about the guy.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You use the controller to talk to your friends? Wtf

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Screenshot 2021-06-18 192723.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In the xbox app. Dark alliance is part of the thumbnail/banner for preloading, but when I click on it the only one missing is the dark alliance game. Also can't find it via search. Same thing happened with Outriders.
Apparently it is going to be on Game Pass PC after all. They just haven't bothered putting the listing on the Windows Store yet, so there's no way to preload (or preorder if you don't have Game Pass).

• 2Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not a lot of content I would bet or rinse and repeat with various level tiers and better loot. No MTX. And it isn’t like it’s 59-69 at launch. Free for me on GP but I would buy it anyway at 39 bucks. One major issue is no cross play. That’s some straight up BS so hopefully we have some Xbox bros here.
it's $40 for the base game, deluxe edition is $60 and comes with some weapon skins and the $20 DLC.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Ok played the tutorial. The movement and shit is kinda clunky. It need to be smoother and faster. Maybe they are going for a slow pace? Vermintide is much better movement and combat wise. I say that because this is what it seems like it's shooting for. Don't know if I'll play much more but that's because they have so many watermarks on the gameplay that it's hard to see shit. Very intrusive.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ok played the tutorial. The movement and shit is kinda clunky. It need to be smoother and faster. Maybe they are going for a slow pace? Vermintide is much better movement and combat wise. I say that because this is what it seems like it's shooting for. Don't know if I'll play much more but that's because they have so many watermarks on the gameplay that it's hard to see shit. Very intrusive.
what watermarks are you seeing? i'm watching a stream and the only watermark is a "pre-release gameplay footage" mark at the very bottom right of the screen. it's barely taking up any real estate

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
It's my xbox tag all over the place. I'll take a picture of it later. Maybe streamers get a better version

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, unlike Outlands it's been stated consistently that it would be PC Game Pass also.
what watermarks are you seeing? i'm watching a stream and the only watermark is a "pre-release gameplay footage" mark at the very bottom right of the screen. it's barely taking up any real estate

lol, my gamertag is covering half the screen on the Insider build on PC.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
they have so many watermarks on the gameplay that it's hard to see shit. Very intrusive.

I thought you might be exaggerating a bit, but holy shit the entire screen is covered in my username repeated probably 50 times (counted: 66 full and partials down either side). I get they want to deter early screenshots or whatever, but couldn't play with that eye AIDS covering the entire screen.

Character models are a bit mobile/cheesy. Might play the chick, though. Pronouns: man/mangina.