Dark Alliance (Drizzt and co in Icewind Dale)

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I've read every drizzt book except the last 3. Just cause I havnt had the time either kids.

Also the visuals of this game look like trash. It looks like an upscale ps2 game. Or that just me?

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
From the gameplay trailer it looks like they want a combat similar to God of War (PS4), I'm gonna guess it will not play that well though.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I know there was a gameplay "trailer" a few pages back, but the hands on with descriptions makes it more clear to me that while i was hopeful for a good game, I think i'll wait till this is free on PS+ lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I watched the first 3 minutes. The drow just kind of waves his arms around and hits stuff 30 feet away?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
The drow...? The most famous drow of all time? (I am relistening to the 32 or whatever books in a row so I am triggered)

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hah sorry, I read the first bunch of those in my youth. My name even comes from the series

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I watched the first 3 minutes. The drow just kind of waves his arms around and hits stuff 30 feet away?
yeah, whoever is on their team that has been deciding what to show the public needs to find a different career. when the player gains control of drizzt, it says "rapid strikes and high mobility" then precedes to stay at range (attacking with guenhwyvar i guess?) and barely moves around... then the camera switches to cattie-brie and it says "punishes foes at long range" but then spends 80% of the time doing flippy kicks in melee.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So the choices seem to be : melee with some range, fast melee, slow melee and stand-around-in-melee-range-and-get-hit

Yeah I know they wanted to stick to a given part of the licensed property but good lord Icewind Dale has always had the most incredibly dull character concepts. The fact that they feel obligated to have Bruenor summon a spectral anvil to give some flair to the otherwise dull chain of hitting things with an axe is testament to what a bad choice this was.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Some gameplay. Haven't watched much of this, prefer watching gameplay when it's full frame 1080p+ rather than a subset of that.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
No erudite. Game not woke.

I want this game to be good but it looks meh from that gameplay footage.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
free on gamepass (console only) btw at launch

Maybe it was updated, but appears to be PC Game Pass also.

I am thrilled to announce that Dark Alliance will be available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Windows 10 PC, and phones and tablets via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) with Xbox Game Pass on Day One, June 22!​

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am REALLY looking forward to this and bonus that I now have my Series X. Streams of Silver was one of my all time favorite books. That series, along with David Edding's the Elenium series, were my all time favorite books.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users