Dark Matter

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm guessing it is the other Mercs. Clones is the most likely answer because it gives the writers a lot of meat to work with, since they can delve into the metaphysical and philosophical aspects of having the "same" person, but with the memory/experiences wiped from one.
Episode before last stated that clones have a "shelf life" of a couple days. Unless these are super clones.

Anyway, I continue to enjoy this series. Likable cast. Love the android.

Cybsled

Episode before last stated that clones have a "shelf life" of a couple days. Unless these are super clones.

Anyway, I continue to enjoy this series. Likable cast. Love the android.
Right, but multiple sources said the same thing in the same episode. Since this is a TV show, that means the writers are trying to hammer it in, that way the "twist" will come as a surprise.

There is literally no reason to keep mentioning the limit except to break it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Right, but multiple sources said the same thing in the same episode. Since this is a TV show, that means the writers are trying to hammer it in, that way the "twist" will come as a surprise.

There is literally no reason to keep mentioning the limit except to break it.
People can't accept reasonable deception, they'd rather throw out crazy ass theories

spronk

FPS noob
i get the feeling the ai is lying all the time to the crew, just the way she stares at them. i'm hoping the ship AI is insane/evil and is using cloned humans in some weird experiment

loving dark matter and killjoys so far - they feel like kids of Farscape; one is grimdark and always wants to be mysterious, the other is just looking for a good time. Man its been like over a decade since I used to look forward to scifi shows on friday night

Caliane

I just wish SyFy would not use the same shitty actors for alot of these shows. Good acting can make a cliched/hack script ok. these people just do the same shit over and over though.

Fucking Hewlett.
Can't tell if Palmer is just that bad at acting, or if the as spronk said, AI is evil/shitty. Kindof shit in Lost girl too... so...

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Starting, right.

That last episode was painful. Inhaler thief sleazy clothes guy was...just fucking sad. Oh, and it's an expensive galactic phone call so leave me alone. Really? Really? C level sci-fi. C level anything.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Goddamnit. I was enjoying the show, devoid of originality as it is, has a nice SG (especially SG:U, in a good way)/Firefly/dab of Mass Effect vibe to it, then they had to go and add fucking space zombies. I'm sick to death of goddamn zombies, really hope that episode was a once off and they don't do some stupid Resident Evil in space story arc.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The space zombies episode shows just how tiny their budget is, and most of that is spent on Two's wardrobe.

Goatface

have they said how old 5 is supposed to be? they call her "the child" and people act like looks way young. to me, youngest she would pass for is 17-18. friend thinks she is supposed to be like 12.

Azrayne

Iirc, when they were debating whether they would make decisions by vote in the first episode someone (I think Three?) said she shouldn't get a vote because "she's what, like, 15?" or something like that. So yeah, I think she's meant to be mid-teens. Actress is obviously a few years older than that.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I have a distinct feeling I'm really going to wish this was a 22-24 episode show instead of a 13 episode one. Summer shows ftl. I'm enjoying it.

spronk

FPS noob
anyone else catch that the password to the door is maplethorpe

killjoys this week was basically system shock 2, loved it

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
The hobo kid performance was terribad, like he forgot he was suppose to act like he was shot.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Good to know space zombies are as sneaky and stealthy as Earth zombies and learned to quietly tiptoe and wait patiently behind someone until they turn around and scream.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
haven't watched show yet, is it good to pick up on now that there are more eps? (haven't read the thread, wanted to avoid spoilers)

spronk

FPS noob
if you liked farscape and firefly and stargate SG1, yes. if you hated any of them then probably not.

Azrayne

^Pretty much. It's digging into the standard scifi tropes hard, but mostly in a way that's engaging if you like that stuff. Group of people cruising around a fucked up galaxy (mining colonies, cyberpunk style mega-corporations, Chinatown space stations, etc.) getting into violent shenanigans and trying to solve some big mystery, leans heavily on Firefly for the setup and episode structure (although it's a bit darker), SG:U for the long term plot (big ship, big mystery to be solved, bit of interpersonal conflict, although it's all on a less cosmic scale) with a bit of Mass Effect thrown in (sans aliens and space-magic). If you like that stuff, you'll enjoy it, if you don't, skip it.

The storyline obviously has the potential to go the way of Lost or the last season or two of BSG unless they've been really tight with planning ahead for the story, and some of it is a bit too tired or contrived (5 episodes in and we have a love triangle? not to mention the space samurai dude with less personality than the android) but for now it's mostly fun.