Dark Matter

spronk

FPS noob
yeah felt like one of the star trek/farscape episodes where the crew contracts a virus that makes them deeply distrust each other, didn't really feel natural after all the shit they have been through. it was kinda fun seeing the whodunit play out and a shocker at the end. hope this and killjoys gets renewed, like em both.

Oldbased

> Than U
It should be renewed unless there was some drama between network and the show. It ranked 2 overall and 5th in the demographic it seeks. Killjoys not so well but still above 12 Monkeys which was renewed but Helix got canned as well. I had no idea 12 Monkeys did literally 25% worse than Dark Matter though, that was a good show/season and even though they renewed it , didn't realize it did so poorly. Z Nation was syfy's winner this year so far.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Z Nation was syfy's winner this year so far.
Lol, there's no accounting for taste ;p

Z-Nation was so very trashy. I enjoyed it, but having it renewed over dark matter, 12 monkeys or killjoys would be like renewing true blood instead of game of thrones.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Unless a show totally tanks, usually Syfy will give them at least 2-3 seasons. If there is enough of a following, maybe 4 seasons (shortened or otherwise). If Canada is producing it, then ratings can be even more dogshit USA-wise and they will still renew it.

Defiance just finished its 3rd season, so Syfy will either fail to renew or maybe give them a shortened 4th season. With the way they ended it, though, it seems as though the show wanted an ending that could act as a series closer, but is still open ended enough so they could continue. Dark Matter or Killjoys should be safe for a 2nd season, IMO.

Malkav

French Madman
I'm so very bored of every fucking show having to end its season with a huge fucking cliffhanger.

Yeah, we get it, you want us to tune in next season, but if your show is any good, we don't need a huge shocker and an unresolved situation in the last episode god damn it.

iannis

Musty Nester
I liked SGU up until the last few episodes.

Crazy scottish doctor went too crazy. But I think there was some looming cancellation drama behind the scenes that basically made the writers go, "Well fuck it then."

Oldbased

> Than U

Z-Nation was so very trashy. I enjoyed it, but having it renewed over dark matter, 12 monkeys or killjoys would be like renewing true blood instead of game of thrones.
It pulled in 200% ratings/viewers over everything you mentioned except Dark Matter where I think overall it was either 25% or 40% more of it. Not renewing Z nation would be silly, it literally boosted their lineup( which is Syfy's goal with all these syfy series to gain overall viewership ).

Goatface

sorta surprising to see Wheaton, think 95% of the cast are Canadians. sure they get a good chunk of change from the government that way

iannis

Musty Nester
Wheaton enjoyed that brief resurgence in popularity with Tabletop (which he deserved) but I think he's managed to completely fuck it up by going full retard.

Plus he had a show on Syfy for a while. He might still. So he was probably next door anyway. I watched about 5 minutes of it and realized that it was... just horrible. It was supposed to be some kind of techy/sciency show with Wheaton being "snarky".

God it was "bad".

iannis

Musty Nester
Bob Saget he "isn't".

That's mostly all I remember about the show. I feel like the entire five minutes should have been in air quotes.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"The Will Wheaton Project". It was basically Will Wheaton doing his version of Tosh 2.0. Syfy likes to fill the airwaves with ghetto budget shows, hence why you see stuff like Reactor and Geeks who Drink ;p

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the wheaton project was terrible and got cancelled iirc. i can watch just about anything and i couldn't stand that for more than a few minutes. his roundtable discussion on PSN is pretty good, he has interviewed naughty dog (last of us, uncharted) and bungie and a few others

he needs to shave his amish beard though, he looks like a homeless guy

he is a really bad actor though just over exaggerates everything. shoulda learned more from picard, not kirk

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I could not stand the Whil Wheaton Project. Then he did all that stupid anti GG stuff this last year. He is dead to me. That said by about episode 7 I was hooked on this show. I really enjoyed it and Three went from my least favorite to the most favorite. He is the most well rounded and developed character. I also love the side story of the Android gaining emotions. She really needs a name though. I kept hoping One would stop being such a pussy and get a bit more blood thirsty which would make him more balanced and less terrible but here we are.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I agree it was a pretty meh ending to a good show. Wasn't even a surprise who betrayed them. I was hoping there would be someone else on the ship, but that's just because, other than the android, I like them all.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I finally watched the finale of this. It felt to me like the last two episodes were a total disconnect from the whole rest of the show. I enjoyed the show but it was strictly worse then Killjoys in pretty much every way. It's odd because I didn't originally watch Killjoys until people kept telling me to watch it as the concept for this show sounded awesome.

Also:
Z Nation is retarded
Wil Wheaton is retarded and a bad actor. You were on Star Trek when you were 5, we get it.
Geeks Who Drink is a fun way to kill 15-20 minutes.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Znation has the advantage though of in general very low budget. Low end CGI and a lot of what they do is simple practical makeup effects which are pretty inexpensive to bang out.