Dark Matter

Nester

Vyemm Raider
^^^ Loved that line, both times.

Hate the One Two Three thing they have going.

One is such a bitch. Three was great in this last episode.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Best episode of the season right here. I loved this one. So many good things about it, from the old robot feeling left out to Three actually having a heart, dunking the cosmic donut, etc. Just overall fantastic. If all the future episodes were even half this good, I'd be happy.

I'm just sad that the stasis chick (Natalie Brown) won't ever get to come back, as I'm a big fan of that actress. Yeah, she plays a shitty role on The Strain, but I like her.

EDIT: Yeah, I hate the love triangle thing too, although it might not really even be a triangle if Three doesn't give a fuck about it. That's another reason I'm bummed about stasis chick, because if she were still a future option, he'd care even less about Two.

With that many dudes on board and only one chick of bangable age (on the show, IRL Five is almost 21), I'd still vote for another "entertainment" android.

Oldbased

> Than U
Best episode of the season right here. I loved this one. So many good things about it, from the old robot feeling left out to Three actually having a heart, dunking the cosmic donut, etc. Just overall fantastic. If all the future episodes were even half this good, I'd be happy.

I'm just sad that the stasis chick (Natalie Brown) won't ever get to come back, as I'm a big fan of that actress. Yeah, she plays a shitty role on The Strain, but I like her.

EDIT: Yeah, I hate the love triangle thing too, although it might not really even be a triangle if Three doesn't give a fuck about it. That's another reason I'm bummed about stasis chick, because if she were still a future option, he'd care even less about Two.

With that many dudes on board and only one chick of bangable age (on the show, IRL Five is almost 21), I'd still vote for another "entertainment" android.
Agreed best one there.
As for entertainment droid, easy for them to find another or have her come back since she was a default model android. They even said they hadn't been through all the locked crates yet.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I dunno, I found the whole thing with the android getting jealous really weird - I thought they were basically walking computers with no emotions/consciousness. Android with emotions gives me a real "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that" vibe.

Otherwise it was a good episode, although I hope they stop making these random references to their forgotten past and start actually exploring it in person. I wanna see more of the universe outside of the ship (though I guess that's probably a budget thing).

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I dunno, I found the whole thing with the android getting jealous really weird - I thought they were basically walking computers with no emotions/consciousness. Android with emotions gives me a real "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that" vibe.

Otherwise it was a good episode, although I hope they stop making these random references to their forgotten past and start actually exploring it in person. I wanna see more of the universe outside of the ship (though I guess that's probably a budget thing).
Be careful what you wish for, the rest of the universe is pretty much warehouses and gravel pits or mid evil villages ala SG1

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I thought that was the point, the android, like the rest of the crew are all broken toys.

spronk

FPS noob
At first it seems like they are throwing in way too many personal drama things, but then I guess its pretty standard Stargate formula - one hidden past/agenda per character. They do need to bring in another babe on the ship though, its a bit of a sausage fest.

I do like how they aren't sticking with standard tropes, I was so sure all of them were advanced clones with the originals behind the vault but it seems more and more they are just the real things. I still enjoy Killjoys more than this show but its a good show, hope all of it gets renewed for a second season.

The space station exterior CGI was awesome and it looked real cool, although the interiors look hilariously cheap and bad. Babylon 5 and even SG1/SGU did a much better job of conveying station/ship interiors.

star wars 36

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Really? The android is the one thing I dislike the most about the show.

Any guesses on where they're going with #2. With the way this episode ended, and considering killjoys did it earlier in the season, I'm thinking nanobots.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I would not be surprised if that is the explanation they use. I would be very surprised if they actually killed her, I really don't see that happening. I think they didn't show her in the preview next week though.

They've left that fast healing shit she has going on prevalent as a thing on the show without actively talking about it so it'll be interesting to see the payoff next week.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
She's not getting killed off. They keep eluding to, but haven't explained her super healing yet.

Azrayne

At first it seems like they are throwing in way too many personal drama things, but then I guess its pretty standard Stargate formula - one hidden past/agenda per character. They do need to bring in another babe on the ship though, its a bit of a sausage fest.
But Stargate was way way lower on the personal drama (even SGU), especially at the beginning. Diving into a love triangle in the first 5 episodes is just plain excessive - who in the audience do they think that shit is appealing to?

In Stargate each character had a basic personality and role in the group, then they put them together and slowly developed their relationships and backgrounds over the course of the series, as the wider story progressed, in a believable way that doesn't overload you.

Here they've compiled so many deep secrets and tragic backgrounds and hidden identities and interpersonal drama that they're having trouble just condensing it into episode-length segments and fitting in storylines that take you outside of the basic "6 people wake up on a ship with no memory" premise. It makes the storyline feel choked, there's so many pre-existing plot threads to explore that each of them progresses at a snails pace, and they've dived right in and thrown superfluous details (like love triangles and space zombies) on top instead of letting the story unfold naturally.

I'm enjoying the show now, but it's obvious that they went way off course somewhere during the writing process, and I don't see how it's gonna progress over time unless they find a way to tie the storyline threads together naturally.

Be careful what you wish for, the rest of the universe is pretty much warehouses and gravel pits or mid evil villages ala SG1
Good point. But at least it won't be as weird as the whole "Egyptian pyramids in Canadian pine forests" aesthetic SG1 had going.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My guess about super healing: The zombie bite thing triggered the immortality effect the corporation was looking for on that planet to begin with. Suddenly she becomes the most valuable person in the universe ;p

spronk

FPS noob
thats a good theory

dark matter is produced by syfy so has a 13 episode season 1 run, I also believe its based on a comic. killjoys is produced by a canadian channel and is new IP so only has a 10 episode season 1 run. hopefully both get renewed. I do prefer 10-13 episode seasons, when it gets to 22 or 23 they do a shit load of fillers and a lot of the stories end up being just nonsense.

Azrayne

I'm 50/50 on it - I usually agree that 20+ episodes results in a lot of filler, but with all the crazy backstory stuff they've got going I'm sure they could put out the material without stretching too far. On the flip side, they're obviously on a limited budget, assuming they renew the show I'd rather see any extra funding go into improving quality over quantity.