Dark Matter

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
thats a good theory

dark matter is produced by syfy so has a 13 episode season 1 run, I also believe its based on a comic. killjoys is produced by a canadian channel and is new IP so only has a 10 episode season 1 run. hopefully both get renewed. I do prefer 10-13 episode seasons, when it gets to 22 or 23 they do a shit load of fillers and a lot of the stories end up being just nonsense.
Syfy needs a good just procedural though, and I think Dark Matter could very easily be that. Look at shows like Star Trek and Stargate, they had good overall storylines but could still have good stand-alone episodes. I think there are too many shows that try too hard to push a story.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I do love how the Stargate regulars are rotating through in guest star capacity on both Dark Matter and Killjoys. Last week I was going "why is this broad familiar??" for a good couple minutes before I realized she was Dr Weir from Atlantis.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I actually just recently got into the Stargate universe and blitzes through SG1 before realized there are another 2 shows that follow it. I am currently on season 5 of SG Atlantis and I am enjoying it as much as SG1 if not more. I am loving the cameos all those SG1 characters did in SG:A as well as seeing those actors in all these new shows.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah Stargate makes excellent binge watching. I'd recommend giving SGU a shot when you finish Atlantis - the first season starts out slowly (they were obviously going for a BSG feel which didn't work out and put a lot of people off), but it really picks up later on and especially into the second season, and you've got some great acting (Carlyle alone makes the show worth it) combined with an excellent cosmic horror/mystery vibe.

Goatface

so i missed it, which group was that at the end that bought the device

edit-
didn't watch the previews, but they are showing both 12 and 13 next week.

velk

Trakanon Raider
so i missed it, which group was that at the end that bought the device

edit-
didn't watch the previews, but they are showing both 12 and 13 next week.
Presumably it's the group that hired them to start with. Doesn't look like they are going to be much protection now ;p

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah Stargate makes excellent binge watching. I'd recommend giving SGU a shot when you finish Atlantis - the first season starts out slowly (they were obviously going for a BSG feel which didn't work out and put a lot of people off), but it really picks up later on and especially into the second season, and you've got some great acting (Carlyle alone makes the show worth it) combined with an excellent cosmic horror/mystery vibe.
Good to know about season 1. Yeah will definitely continue with SGU.

Anyways not to derail the thread further. The thoroughly enjoyed the last episode. Felt like it was the best one of the season.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This only characters I don't think are cringe-worthy are Five and Six(Roger Cross & Jodelle Ferland), but it looks like everyone could loosen up and could grow into something good by season 2.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This only characters I don't think are cringe-worthy are Five and Six(Roger Cross & Jodelle Ferland), but it looks like everyone could loosen up and could grow into something good by season 2.
I dunno, i find 5 pretty bad, getting tired of the "your just a kid" shtick, when its obvious that she is pretty much Rodney. At least there was some forward motion on that front in the last epp.

I hate 3 to start, he is now my favorite. I want one to just go away.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
1 is a weener and needs to die

2 actually has some leadership capabilities and I'd like to see her toughen up and become more of the competent leader and less of the emotional mess

3 has developed into the Han Solo bro and can keep on delivering

I don't know the rest by #s

Black dude is pretty cool and I like his level headed attitude, I'd like to see him revealed as the smart analytical dude, like an erudite

Asian guy likes swords, super cliche but swords in space def has a cool factor, I think- hope he gets cooler and makes a joke one day

Young chick appears to have breasts and is probably old enough to bang IRL, so I want to see those little cans more. Is that wrong?

Robot I like and think her robot lines are funny when everyone else is freaking out

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Young girl is 21, so don't worry about it. She's got some fairly hefty sweater puppies, so I've been thinking the same thing.

Robot has been shitting up Lost Girl for years (although admittedly accounted for several of the best lesbian scenes), and was way too "robotic", so this is kind of a perfect fit for her. She is actually kind of funny here.

I agree with everyone about Three, he's great, particularly since we got the episode showing he's not always a complete dick. One is a beta faggot, if I were a RedPiller.

Funny thing is, I am pretty sure the black dude is pretty damn short in real life. Maybe all of them are, and it isn't noticeable. None of them seem overly huge.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I might have missed it, did 2 tell anyone else she was an advanced cyborg or whatever? They were acting weird towards her, but that could have just been because of the uncertainty about how she survived. I don't see why everyone would be all pissed at her about that.

I get the feeling everyone on the ship is going to have some big secret like 1 and 2 that will make them 'not who we thought you were'. It'll be dumb because no one knows who they are.

Goatface

Six is actually the tallest at 6'2, Three is 6'1.

I don't know anyone that likes One. wondering if they can undo his surgery and get the other actor to take over.

Two is starting to grow on me.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Six is actually the tallest at 6'2, Three is 6'1.
I get the same result from Google, but this picture would seem to indicate that every motherfucker on Continuum is a goddamn giant.
rrr_img_107562.jpg

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The rocks they are standing on are uneven, Six is basically standing at the bottom of a ramp, and I'm pretty sure Carlos is actually really tall.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Continuum cast according to google:
Rachel Nichols(Kiera) 5' 10''
Victor Webster(Carlos) 6' 3''
Erik Knudsen(Alec) 5' 6''
Stephen Lobo(Kellog) 5' 10''
Roger Cross(Travis) 6' 2''
Lexa Doig(Sonya) 5' 6''

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Season ending was kind of meh IMO. Ep 12 set up some potentially interesting stuff though.