Dark Souls 2

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Me and the wife - watching the TiVo with her PS3 & TV pulled in here just for the 'event' heh...

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I updated the software before hand, but am having to do it again. It gets stuck around 20% each time and completely freezes my PS3. What the fuck...

Can't even get into the login. I'm sure they're slammed right now so I'll wait a while but I'd like at least an hour or so out of the 3.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Glad I downloaded a 2 gig file just so I could DDOS their servers some more while wanting to play, I don't get it, doesn't seem like they were even "close" to getting the estimate right on how many people were going to slam their server, nothing but non-stop connection errors... Not like WoW where you could at least connect, even if the back end database was slow as shit.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I updated the software before hand, but am having to do it again. It gets stuck around 20% each time and completely freezes my PS3. What the fuck...

Can't even get into the login. I'm sure they're slammed right now so I'll wait a while but I'd like at least an hour or so out of the 3.
Updates mine a couple hours ago, trust me, you're not missing anything.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I just got it downloaded and installed but it took me five consecutive tries.

Now to join the masses of spamming the login servers.

Vaclav

No - and with how hard of a block it is I'm wondering if they didn't screw up the times a bit and they'll be up at 3am EST instead of the 2am quoted.

Vaclav

People on FB are starting mention 40 min from now as well ... I wonder if its a similar muse or if there was a convenient dev comment I missed that matched mytheory...

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I've run though the engines and I'm not seeing anyone having any more success than we are at this exact moment, so something's up...

:edit: There we go ^

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I'm getting a notice telling me I don't have the latest version which I JUST updated to v1.01, is that what everyone else is working with?
I'm wondering if it's a glitch or something on my end. Every source I'm checking says it should be running fine, but if no one else is getting in then it's likely possible it's not just me.

Vorph

Pretty sure NA is missing a patch (1.02 according to UK people) and being the middle of the fucking night I wouldn't be surprised if it never appears at all before the test is over.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
The versions are region specific. NA is 1.01, EU is 1.02 and JPN is 1.03. The NA servers are confirmed having issues right now.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Should have realized as soon as a) test is at 2 am b) oops we can't even get daylight savings time conversions right that c) NA players were going to be screwed over, no chance at all of the playstation store pushing a patch at 3:30am, fucking japs, first FFXIV, now dark souls....

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
The versions are region specific. NA is 1.01, EU is 1.02 and JPN is 1.03. The NA servers are confirmed having issues right now.
I should note that Japanese and European players are successfully logging in with the versions listed above. I don't think NA end users are going to need an updated patch. Seems likely that something else is going wrong.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, like they purposefully decided to fuck over NA players...

Like the 90k codes bullshit versus all euro accounts getting it, or NA ps+ free games continually being shittier than the JP or EU counterparts.

Intentional, I swear it. Someone decided today would be a good day to extract revenge for some dead grandmother from world war 2.