Dark Souls 2

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
This seems to happen a lot with Japanese developers and their NA region testing/general output. Laaaame. It's almost 3 am and I'm starting to doubt being able to see a second of playtime.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't bother waiting any longer...

From Twitter:
NAMCO BANDAI America ?@namcogames 15s

Attention Dark Souls II Testers! It seems that North and South American players will not be able to log into the servers for this test.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this part of the northland trilogy?:
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny on Steam

eVasiege, dark souls is such a unique game that it's difficult to predict whether you'd like it. It's really not like Kotor or Elder Scrolls games. You're thrown into a world without knowing why you're there and you have to progress against enemies that will mutilate you until you climb the learning curve. If this sounds good then play it, otherwise you probably won't like it.
No, that is a remake. The title is identical, I am talking about the 1993-1997 DOS games.

Those combat parts looked really bad there :/

Column_sl

shitlord
Supposedly there 90k keys right now to redeem off of this code

38QQ-8DNE-97AA

I tried it earlier this morning, and was able to redeem it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Well I guess the fears that Dark Souls 2 would be easier than 1 are proving to be false. You guys can't even log in!

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
From the official Dark Souls II Facebook page:

We have confirmed the times for the next round of the Dark Souls II PS3 Network Test

11:00 PM PST 11/10/13 - 2:00 AM PST 11/11/13
2:00 AM EST 11/11/13 - 5:00 AM EST 11/11/13

All participants of previous rounds will be allowed in and there is still space to join the next round.

Entering the code in the PlayStation Network allows you to download the client: 38QQ-8DNE-97AA

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit, haven't really played Dark Souls in a while, booted it up cause of this thread; Epicness. I forgot how fun the game is.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Bumping this thread as an update for anyone who might have missed it and as a reminder:

We have confirmed the times for the next round of the Dark Souls II PS3 Network Test

11:00 PM PST 11/10/13 - 2:00 AM PST 11/11/13
2:00 AM EST 11/11/13 - 5:00 AM EST 11/11/13

If you're CST like I am, this means 1:00 AM CST 11/11/13 - 4:00 AM CST 11/11/13

Also; from the official DSII FB page

Japanese Collector's Edition Available - looks like an awesome package
COLLECTORS EDITION | DARK SOULS II

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gotta love them ignoring the "Make it a reasonable time" for NA request - sigh.... 2am Monday here I come...

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Gotta love them ignoring the "Make it a reasonable time" for NA request - sigh.... 2am Monday here I come...
Same here...if we have the same problems we both did (well me specifcally lmao) as last time I think I am going to give up. That's sad too, because I fucking LOVE Dark Souls.

Who am I kidding, I will try like 18 times. Must play.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else ever experience the pain of losing over 850 million souls? I just did. Due to a glitchy invader fight from someone way out of region that lagged me off a rooftop and then he jumped right behind me and backstabbed me all while I had zero control of my character due to lag and some weird screen glitching.

Bros.

Fuck. I want to cry.

...Can I get a sympathy net? lol.

edit: Swish. Thanks Droigan & cabbitcabbit, hahaha. You truly understand the depths of my pain.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Anyone else ever experience the pain of losing over 850 million souls? I just did. Due to a glitchy invader fight from someone way out of region that lagged me off a rooftop and then he jumped right behind me and backstabbed me all while I had zero control of my character due to lag and some weird screen glitching.

Bros.

Fuck. I want to cry.

...Can I get a sympathy net? lol.

edit: Swish. Thanks Droigan, hahaha.

Vaclav

Got a message on my PSPlus account of it running 2am Sunday not Monday.... Is it both or which is currently accurate?

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Let's hope this is for real this time...

Here we go...Chat's open as usual, all welcome.

New beta key for anyone who wants in last minute, you still can:
992G-GCNC-84GQ

If you're like me, this is 1:00 AM - 4:00 AM CST tonight, fyi.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The new engine for Dark Souls 2 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. The graphics are much crisper, textures are more detailed, and it runs smooth as silk.

The game seems a lot more responsive too and stuff is a little quicker overall.

Vorph

The game seems a lot more responsive too and stuff is a little quicker overall.
Definitely cannot agree there at all. I don't like the new movesets much at all, there's something weird with the fast roll that I can't really describe but it feels off, and the 'backstab' animation is seriously lacking in i-frames. Dual wield is just as clunky and useless as it was in Dark Souls, which is still one of the worst changes they made from Demon's Souls.

Not writing it off yet or anything, but the game needs a lot of polish still and the area they chose for the test is so dark that it doesn't give a very good first impression. The game itself seems a bit harder overall, but they basically brought grass back while keeping flasks so unless you get one-shot it's easy to heal. I did like that your maxhp% continues to drop the more you die, so at least there's now a reason to go back to human every once in a while, unlike Dark Souls where I never went human unless I needed to kindle a bonfire to increase the flask count. Base endurance is enough for more swings than I'm used to in the previous games, seems about as good as 40 END used to be in terms of doing full combos.

I do agree about the graphics and UI though, big improvements there. Still annoys the hell out of me that you can't shut off graffiti, that shit is such an eyesore everywhere, not to mention that 99% of them are either trolling or spoilers. I play offline exclusively anyway though, so it won't be a big deal come release.