Dark Souls 2

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hoping that my preferred play style (medium/heavyish armor coop cleric) is as viable as it was in dark souls, never played demon souls, but I heard faith was more just for PVP? Either way, throwing lightning was cool. I'd like to see more differentiation between holy and occult.

Szlia

In Demon's Souls, most healing miracles were a bit meh because you had almost infinite heals with herbs. There was a regen that was ok for poisonous areas, a powerful pbaoe of limited use in PvE, a miracles to prevent spell casting... miracles were more of a roleplay and/or PvP thing. A kind of holy knight was a totally viable build though.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, apparently Dark Souls 2 PS3 Beta codes are going to be randomly sent out to people today via PSN (there's no entry for it or anything). Only the first 5000 redeemed will work, so keep on the look out for a message about it.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So, apparently Dark Souls 2 PS3 Beta codes are going to be randomly sent out to people today via PSN (there's no entry for it or anything). Only the first 5000 redeemed will work, so keep on the look out for a message about it.
Meh - gonna be so fun flipping through 3 accounts all night...

Needless

Toe Sucker
They should send out a ton of beta invites but ban you when you die.
That shit is brilliant. Send out a lot of beta invites in multiple waves, but enforce a 1 death only rule.

I went full Sean mode, pre-ordered the collectors edition, i'mma bust all over that statue

Vaclav

Just woke up - got invite, now to see if it's still active to cash in.

And nope - too late, had checked at 12:30pm EST last night or so too. Annoying.

Vaclav

Test does not officially start until Saturday
I saw that, but code redeems in advance I thought? They don't elaborate on the website or anything though - says "PSN Code Already Redeemed" trying to use it. I can't imagine they'll only allow cash-in while servers are up.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea, that's what I thought too - just shocking that between 2am EST and 9:30am EST they were all cashed...
They only allowed 5,000 in so it's not too shocking. I expected them to be gone within minutes.

Vaclav

Dunno, I just didn't think so many people gamed so late - plus there's gotta be a decent number of FPS types that don't care about DS2. Shrug. Don't get me wrong, I expected by 3-4pm EST they'd be gone - but less than 7 hrs when most people are sleeping is crazy.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Im all for gamer equality and fair invitation for all - but am I the only one who thinks Dark Souls betas of any kind *should* be highly ehh, not prestigious but very methodically selective?

Being a part of this community for ten years and being in top gaming echelons in different genres across the board for years is telling my gut that this is one of those exceptions because I've always hated elitist attitudes. I feel like it's somewhat acceptable here due to the game's unique difficulty, style, and playerbase, however.