Dark Souls 2

Needless

Toe Sucker
darklurker from prilgrims of the dark owned me many.. many times, it was frustrating because it wasn't really that hard of a boss.. i was just very impatient lol

shattuck_sl

shitlord
I'm finding the same issue I've had with pvp since Demon's Souls is coming back to haunt me. I really wish they would put a time limit on invasions, I seem to keep getting players who invade me with seemingly no intent of fighting me but rather making me chase them in circles around the level just to troll me and waste my time.

Just today I got invaded in the Bastille while I was trying to infuse a weapon. I hit the guy once then he proceeded to just run through the level. It took me literally half an hour of chasing him before he finally accidentally ran off a ledge. Then in Iron Keep while I was trying to collect dragon scales I get invaded. Guy sprints away from me right as he pops in, never even attempts to fight me, just keeps running around the level. I have no way of ending the invasion except shutting my console or disconnecting, apparently either of these will punish me in some way.

There should be a 5 or 6 minute time limit on invasions to avoid shit like this. Those giant tree seeds might help in some cases, but in both the Bastille and Iron Keep my level was empty because I had cleared it to the point of despawn.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I've played a ton of Dark Souls 1 and 2 and I've never had that happen to me. That sounds frustrating as hell.

My biggest problem would be the warping/possibly hacking PC players. On the PS3 I've had zero issues with invasions, outside of the fact I suck at PVP. The nice thing is apparently at least half the other people do because I actually win quite frequently.

It'd be nice if invaders should have the same risk as those they invade. If they die, they should lose humanity.

The game is fun, but DS2 isn't hooking me as much as DS1 did. Maybe because they are so familiar.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How much stab on the shield you used to block?
Don't know about Pursuer since using a shield against him is pointless (2H mace parry + ballista for the first, dodge everything for the second), but 55 stability from Drangleic shield is fine for ruin sentinels. Their attacks barely drain any stamina anyway, the 100% physical block part is what's important. It's not really a hard fight at all once you realize that you have all the time in the world to kill the first one up top, and then the space below is large enough to deal with the remaining two.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Weirdly, I got my shit kicked in by the Knight just before King Vendrick. I never thought the fight was that hard, but for some reason I kept on fucking it up purely out of incompetence. That was pretty frustrating for me because I didn't even feel satisfied when I beat him - I just thought "Wow I suck to take that long".

I also found Pursuer pretty challenging my first melee-only Dex playthrough. Current playthrough is hexes so with Lightning Spear it was lol.

I also never had any issues with Sentries. You can take as long as you want on the platform killing the first and then I had Drangelic shield for blocking on 2/3. Drop down into the big arena and attack when separated.

Great, now I don't want to go to fucking work
frown.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I was fucking up over and over and over on an ascetic Undead Chariot last night, so embarrassing. Getting impatient, getting greedy, not paying attention to adds when I should have... Probably took me 10 tries, I was so pissed. Dat chloranthy +2 tho.

Vaclav

It's a deceptively tricky fight - a joke once you're past getting the gate done though - but sometimes that jog in can be rough.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
It's kinda fun to do enough damage with spells as the chariot runs by a few times that it can no longer make the jump and gets hung up on the edge. I almost felt bad running up and putting the helpless horsies out of their misery.

Vorph

Yeah, I kind of like killing it that way, reminds me of the Ceaseless Discharge 'trick' in DkS.

Yearn/Alluring Skull makes the necros a joke if you want to fight the boss straight up, btw. Now that I think about that, I feel dumb for not using it on the toxic rats that made my life hell vs. Royal Rat Authority.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's extremely simple if you take your time, I was just really impatient because I expected to faceroll it. Walk in, run to first necro. Dodge horse, slash 2x to kill necro, kill 3 skellies. Dodge horse. Run to necro in the back, repeat, pull lever and laugh at the horse when it's alone.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I used the Heide Knight Sword and Knight armor/Drangleic armor for the entire playthrough and thought the game was easy. Is all the other stuff really that necessary?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Some of us don't like to play on easy. Try going through the game dual wielding and see if you change your stance.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure my approach really made the game easier. I played an explorer with randomly allotted stat points and never bothered to upgrade my weapon. All this "min-maxing" bullshit is designed to make the game easier.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The sound of an unblocked hit and seeing it do no damage, esp in a chain of attacks that stun :/

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm not sure my approach really made the game easier. I played an explorer with randomly allotted stat points and never bothered to upgrade my weapon. All this "min-maxing" bullshit is designed to make the game easier.
No it isn't, the people that care about weapon/armor/spell builds are the ones that care about PVP or go deep into NG++++. You can do anything you want and still manage to beat the game at least once.

You went the easy route and beat the game one time on pussy mode. Congrats.

Vorph

"Pussy mode" is anything other than beating the game at SL1 while getting both the no-death and no-bonfire rings simultaneously.

Duh.

Somewhat more seriously, how is using a non-upgraded weapon that has a godawful moveset and, more importantly, doesn't deal strike damage taking the easy route, regardless of whether or not a shield was equipped with it?

nate_sl

shitlord
Why did you never upgrade your weapon? You beat the game with an un-upgraded heide sword and beginner armor and found it "easy?"

I guess if you went the magic route I could understand. But your seemingly random allocation of stat points sort of contradicts this.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unlike DS1, the game does become significantly harder in NG+. More enemies, new enemies, more stuff happening in boss fights.