Dark Souls

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Threads like this make me wish I didn’t dedicate my free time to EQ so I could go replay the Souls games. Maybe during the 4 month PoP phase I’ll redo all the modern From Software games.
No. You will max your Wayfarers Brotherhood Emblem.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
God Bless you Dark Souls

1638124169385.png

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What in the blue fuck is the context of this picture? Looks like that woman who was dousing herself in Ajax a while back. There are a lot of people who I really hope don't have kids.
She is getting in touch with her ancestors.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Deep into my first Bloodborne playthrough. Such a great game. The smoothness of the combat feels very much like when I played ds3.

Also me and carrion crows like:

the-lighthouse-bird.gif

lighthouse-angry.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Started a Dark Souls Remastered run. Never played this version before, and I expected improvements along the line of Scholar of the First Sin. The graphics aren't THAT much better than I remember (just higher-res) and the framerate doesn't feel as high as SOTFS. It basically feels just like the original DKS on PS3 except without the "fuzz" PS3 games have from their lower res. Well, it's a whole new trophy set to 100% so let's go.

I think I always went for sorcerers and priests in the past, so I'm playing a Dark Knight build this time and went straight for the Gravelord's Sword at the beginning. Took a few passes since I never tried getting that at the start before, but I got it. Thing is a BEAST. Now I have to figure out what other armor I want for this build, and what spells (if any).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
When platinuming this game, you can do about 90% of the things in NG and 9% in NG+, but you need one thing from NG++ to be done.

Anyone know how quickly you can get to Sif from the beginning, for when I get to NG++?

I'm thinking Start->Burg->Taurus Demon->Parish->Buy crest->Woods->Sif.

It can't be that quick and easy though, can it? I feel like there's some other roadblock in the way.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Can you master key the Havel door and skip Taurus demon?

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
When platinuming this game, you can do about 90% of the things in NG and 9% in NG+, but you need one thing from NG++ to be done.

Anyone know how quickly you can get to Sif from the beginning, for when I get to NG++?

I'm thinking Start->Burg->Taurus Demon->Parish->Buy crest->Woods->Sif.

It can't be that quick and easy though, can it? I feel like there's some other roadblock in the way.
You don’t even need to do that much. Tutorial -> Master Key door behind Havel -> run up the ladder to the left of the Hydra.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You don’t even need to do that much. Tutorial -> Master Key door behind Havel -> run up the ladder to the left of the Hydra.

Figures that you'd know how to do this!

I'm done with everything except a few boss souls in NG+, and while I enjoy the hell out of the game, I'm thinking NG++ will be just a straight run to Sif to finish things off.

Gotta say, my first melee run at Souls 1 was easier than the caster runs when it was all said and done. Even though caster makes it easier out of the gate, getting used to melee makes it easier in the long run.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What's the best Pyromancer attack spell if I can only bring one along? Been going pure melee but I maxed out the Pyromancer Flame just for the hell of it (probably should have used all those souls on HP, but I'll live). Thinking it'd be good to have a ranged attack at the ready as I get into the second half of NG+. Only have one attunement slot, so no Chaos Storm or Great Chaos Fireball. I could get a second attunement slot, if need be, though.

Right now I've got Power Within equipped, so I'll probably stick with that unless I totally need to switch to ranged.

I guess I mainly just want to justify my Pyromancer Flame maxing-out...

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

It just occurred to me that you need the Anor Londo blacksmith to actually forge the boss soul weapons, so on NG++ you'd need to play about half the game either way. Unless there's a way to get the Parish blacksmith to have that ability.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It just occurred to me that you need the Anor Londo blacksmith to actually forge the boss soul weapons, so on NG++ you'd need to play about half the game either way. Unless there's a way to get the Parish blacksmith to have that ability.

• 1Like