Dating

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't use Tinder, but I paid for whatever premium shit was on OKC and had good luck with it. I had like 4 I guess what you could call short term relationships in a year from that. I didn't like anything I saw on PoF, and Bumble is just antithetical to the way relationships should work. There's probably more apps these days, I have been told Hinge isn't bad, but I think that came out after I met my GF.

Just like anything else, you get out what you put in. Not gonna get anything decent for free, so might as well use all the advantages you can get, but you also gotta be fishing in the right pond. Tinder is just for hookups, so if that's what you want, keep rolling. If you wanna do something a bit more serious, then you gotta sift thru some single mother bullshit to get there, but it's not hopeless.

That being said, my current relationship was an organic thing, so I can't exactly say dating sites are better, since I ended up with the one I didn't meet on there. I did meet a few genuinely cool gals though, just didn't work out.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
On Tinder I have 24 likes in 2 days, but I have to pay $20 to see who they are, but meanwhile I've matched with noone. My guess is that all the likes are women older than me and 50 - 100 lbs overweight.

Actually, they're probably very young, fit and trim. Being that they're all robots they're probably not more than a few months old and running on the latest compact hardware. Dating apps have been pulling that shit since the dawn of the internet. I can't remember the first successful dating app, but the guy who did that admitted to making fake profiles to keep people interested from the startup.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Actually, they're probably very young, fit and trim. Being that they're all robots they're probably not more than a few months old and running on the latest compact hardware. Dating apps have been pulling that shit since the dawn of the internet. I can't remember the first successful dating app, but the guy who did that admitted to making fake profiles to keep people interested from the startup.
I think that was eharmony.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So, I manage to get a lot of matches on dating apps, but I fkn fail at keeping these women engaged long enough to go on a date or even respond after we've matched. I realize that for every like a woman gives me cute chicks get 100 from men, so that figures.
Theres really not much you can do, if you arent a 10/10 in looks you basically have to be a tap dancing monkey riding a motorcycle on dating apps because the next guy is going to be shooting every corny joke and meme he has all while telling her how insanely beautiful she is.

IMO the best course of action is to ask the woman out on a date asap. If she says no to meeting up to drinks after an hour or two of conversation she wasnt gonna say yes 2 or 3 days from now after shes talked to dozens of more dudes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i'm too old fashioned to even know how to use or trust a dating app. i just go out and meet people. working on your people skills is free and you can meet some interesting people along the way. at least thats how it used to be. the woman i'm with now found me on Facebook. she is the cousin of one of my exes and doesnt want me to tell her cousin that we are together because she doesnt want a family argument. its going to be awkward tomorrow because both of them will be at a wake i am attending. i asked her if i should even acknowledge that i know her. she said it was ok. it doesnt feel ok to me cuz i have visions of a Jerry Springer brawl on top of a coffin in my head.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
i just go out and meet people. working on your people skills is free and you can meet some interesting people along the way. at least thats how it used to be.
Ideally the best, massive boost to how confident you look when going straight to the point irl. But we also live in an age where a lot of women think just smiling at them makes you a rapist.

the woman i'm with now found me on Facebook.
Why social media is cancer imo to dating/relationships. Every two bit coomer, crazy and would be cucker has instant access to your partner. 20-30 years ago dude calling your woman at 12am would be a major what the fuck. Now "sliding into DMs" is the norm.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I've never used Tinder and didn't know until now that you have to pay for it. Considering from what I hear from some friends, and from local media, then Tinder is making fucking bank in my neck of the woods. Seems like I'm the only one who doesn't have it.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I've never used Tinder and didn't know until now that you have to pay for it. Considering from what I hear from some friends, and from local media, then Tinder is making fucking bank in my neck of the woods. Seems like I'm the only one who doesn't have it.
Just remember, a faggot is made of tinder.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If I slow play the text game they disappear. If I ask for a date super early they tend to disappear. The longer I've been on the app the worse it's gotten bc I went on 5 dates my first month on the app. Then several friends started giving me advice on what to do (when I didn't need it) and haven't been on a date in the last couple weeks.

I agree with Big Phoenix. After a day of messaging you should know if there's anything worth pursuing. You can use the excuse of your app crashing or being hard to access. As long as you make it a casual date, it won't be 'moving too quick'. Tell her you communicate better face to face and grab coffee or lunch or something. If she says no to that, either she just isn't into you (in which case, stop wasting time) or she's just matched with someone else and she'll hit you up if that falls through. Personally, when I matched and hit it off with multiple chicks at once, I went ahead and dated them all. But good girls don't like to do that.

As for the second part of that paragraph, it's probably got nothing to do with their advice. When you first joined you had a larger pool. The software runs your profile against all members every time, but as the days and weeks go on, in reality the pool gets smaller because it's not going to match you with the same person twice. I bet in the first month you got a lot of girls who had been members for a while and now you're getting more new members.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I agree with Big Phoenix. After a day of messaging you should know if there's anything worth pursuing. You can use the excuse of your app crashing or being hard to access. As long as you make it a casual date, it won't be 'moving too quick'. Tell her you communicate better face to face and grab coffee or lunch or something. If she says no to that, either she just isn't into you (in which case, stop wasting time) or she's just matched with someone else and she'll hit you up if that falls through. Personally, when I matched and hit it off with multiple chicks at once, I went ahead and dated them all. But good girls don't like to do that.

As for the second part of that paragraph, it's probably got nothing to do with their advice. When you first joined you had a larger pool. The software runs your profile against all members every time, but as the days and weeks go on, in reality the pool gets smaller because it's not going to match you with the same person twice. I bet in the first month you got a lot of girls who had been members for a while and now you're getting more new members.
I agree. Starting a relationship with lying about extremely stable apps crashing or not being able to access the phone in your pocket is the way to go.

• 1Moron

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You dont have to pay to use any of these dating apps. They are all free. They have paying options that just give you more options like sending unlimited likes, or seeing who has liked you. Its like an MMO that went F2P.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so my gf noped out of the wake and so did the 80s ex gf. but this one chick i had a crush on as a kid sat next to me and we talked for 3 hours. she's still a smokeshow. and all of a sudden i want to be single again.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
so my gf noped out of the wake and so did the 80s ex gf. but this one chick i had a crush on as a kid sat next to me and we talked for 3 hours. she's still a smokeshow. and all of a sudden i want to be single again.
Maybe she will let you wear your cool hats

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe she will let you wear your cool hats
i'm allowed to do what i want. my gf said she didnt like my hats so because i am a kind hearted motherfucker, i stopped wearing them on dates during the spring. summertime is too hot with the top down and so i put my straw hats on. anyways i'm over this chick. i'm fixing to move on, maybe with this fine lady i talked to. she's texting me now.

• 1Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser
i'm allowed to do what i want. my gf said she didnt like my hats so because i am a kind hearted motherfucker, i stopped wearing them on dates during the spring. summertime is too hot with the top down and so i put my straw hats on. anyways i'm over this chick. i'm fixing to move on, maybe with this fine lady i talked to. she's texting me now.
Time to post the soon to be ex. And the ex. Have at it, studzombi.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they had a repast after the funeral today and i was seated next to this girl for 3 hours. she definitey is interested in me. only problem is she has 3 sets of kids with 3 different husbands. something like 6 or 7 kids total. maybe she wants ex husband #4. maybe i dont care as long as i can put off getting married. bitches my age are desperate to marry.

• 1Like
  • 1Midwit
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users