Dave Chappelle

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I apologize for my original joke. Given general statistics surrounding the Latino / Hispanic culture when it comes to abuse (sexual and otherwise) of underage children I should have surmised why you didn't like it. Again, I apologize for perpetuating literal violence in the form of words.
There is nothing wrong with Chappelle's comedy, and while the woman who stormed out, choose to make a scene. It is very understandable why she did it. In an ideal world, Chappelle could have said, "Madam , here is a refund of your ticket, plus a drink on the house, now feel free to go because its going to get worse. "

Have you noticed how there is very little comedy about cancer, as in "making fun of some on getting cancer" or making fun of a person in the way that they are dying?

Why is that? It is certainly funny in itself, all the endless poop jokes, or organs bleeding out, teeth falling out, etc there is certainly plenty of material there. But the reason I think comedians stay away from it, is because it is too relatable to the audience, and with many things, people stop finding things funny once it start happening to them. People will certainly not pay money to hear someone making fun of the way their mothers die, or significant others.

Funny is that we make fun of people getting aids, because we no longer found it so relevant to us, and is more like some someone else problem far far away.

anyways, Chappelle is a very good comedian, and hopefully he becomes the next John Stewart, where he uses his comedy to bring a political point.

But he cant, because the alphabet wont allow it, and that is a shame.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Or you could learn a thing or two about how mistakes and conflict lead people to be better and learn from them. Or a thing or two about how perception and propaganda can radically alter how you think about things or popular belief.

Guess where the most segregated schools in America are..The most segregated neighborhoods...the largest wealth inequality racially. It ain't anywhere in the South. After the civil rights act, by every metric we can measure the South has been more equal than most Liberal states, especially California and NY, where the stratification is some of the worst in the country.

blackpopulation_uscensus.jpg

(Note: Before the "great" migration, the number of blacks in the South was actually far, far higher, too--it wasn't until the 50's and 60's that a significant amount of black people moved to more Liberal northern states...When was that act passed to disarm black people? 1967? So strange! Almost like the moment California had black people, they immediately decided to oppress them). Racial conflict can only happen when you actually HAVE black people or racial minorities. All the problems you see in California? All happened with a tiny black population. The South has a far, far higher black population, which is why they were the flash point for a lot of civil rights action--its also why they had legal and institutional change on such a profound level.

Its why modern calls of racism are so obtuse. You're pointing at people that have been through the fire and come out better for it, from an ivory tower that waves the flag of diversity but keeps those negroes down to an "acceptable" level of visibility.
You are so far up your own fucking ass. in the same timeframe that California passed this law, in the South they were sicking dogs on black protesters and beating them and trying to deny them the right to vote and segregate the schools. 10 year before this was Emmit Till. Medgar Evers was assassinated a couple of years before this, and King the year after. Get fucked with this nonsense.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Let me explain to you the Mulford Act in 1967:

I am not saying the Mulford Act was the correct reaction, nor am I going to say that there wasn't a complicated mess that led to creation of the Black Panthers but it was a reaction to cop killings and not racism.
The incident with Newton happened after the law was passed. the copwatching had been going on for years. If you believe the black panthers, it was because they were victims of police brutality and inaction in their communities. Likely a little of column a, a little of column b. but the law was specifically targeted at people in their community openly carrying.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Says modern calls of racism are obtuse. Refers to a 50 year old law.

The civil rights act was about the same time as this law, just 3 years before. My reference to modern here isn't about the law itself, its literally about how society has changed in the following decades. The institutional changes were more profound after the late 50's and early 60's in the south, while things happened much more slowly in other states, and it still left a significant amount of political room for actual legislation to be passed that was discriminatory. (You can look at the civil rights movement in the south as a response to laws of the early 50's. The same way that the riots in the late 70's/early 90's were the response to laws/institutions in the late 60's) "Modern" here literally means "modern" (the last 40 years), which is a product of the fall out from success or failure in these two regions.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
You are so far up your own fucking ass. in the same timeframe that California passed this law, in the South they were sicking dogs on black protesters and beating them and trying to deny them the right to vote and segregate the schools. 10 year before this was Emmit Till. Medgar Evers was assassinated a couple of years before this, and King the year after. Get fucked with this nonsense.

Oh gosh, you're saying in one state black people felt strong enough to perform mass protests to change 25 year old Jim Crow laws and in the other state they couldn't do anything to block a modern discriminatory law? You don't say. Well gee wilkers Chaos, I'm glad you believe national movements that successfully forced profound and deep institutional changes, which saw one of the most sweeping legislative reforms of the 20th century enacted, are essentially the same thing as impotently failing to stop state legislation.

Without you pointing these out, some people might have mistook those are two profoundly different outcomes, with profoundly different effects in the MODERN world. Hence my use of MODERN racism.

Derp.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Oh gosh, you're saying in one state black people felt strong enough to perform mass protests to change 25 year old Jim Crow laws and in the other state they couldn't do anything to block a modern discriminatory law? You don't say. Well gee wilkers Chaos, I'm glad you believe national movements that enacted profound and deep institutional changes, which saw one of the most sweeping legislative reforms of the 20th century enacted, are essentially the same thing as impotently failing to stop state legislation.

Without you pointing these out, some people might have mistook those are two profoundly different outcomes, with profoundly different effects in the MODERN world. Hence my use of MODERN racism.

Derp.
You said "gee none of the southern states ever passed a law like this", in all fucking seriousness, when civil rights leaders were literally being assassinated in the streets in Southern states during this time period. Then proceeded to try and reframe, it was a super dumb take.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
You said "gee none of the southern states ever passed a law like this", in all fucking seriousness, when civil rights leaders were literally being assassinated in the streets in Southern states during this time period. Then proceeded to try and reframe, it was a super dumb take.

Because none of them did, which is evidence of the power differential (Hence why I pointed to the population difference between these states). Because in the Southern states, the civil rights movement was a powerful force that produced significant change through the 60's, on a NATIONAL level even. That force was different in states like California or NY or many other more "liberal" states who saw a lot of the same conflict on a smaller, far more impotent scale and could easily enact local laws in response (Or be more aggressive with practices like red-lining, which is why Illinois, California and NY/PA are the worst examples of it). The whole reason why the Democrats had to begin swapping along racial lines into the party today is because they were mostly a SOUTHERN party in the 60's, and they quickly realized the black population was large enough that without jim crow controls on it they couldn't win. Some of the same changes you saw in the Democratic party were mirrored throughout southern institutions--those changes did not happen in other states.

Which is why you have California passing these kinds of laws at the precise moment in history the southern states were LOSING the ability to maintain any kind of reactive laws (Or were pushing Anti-Mask laws in response to the KKK)

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The civil rights act was about the same time as this law, just 3 years before. My reference to modern here isn't about the law itself, its literally about how society has changed in the following decades. The institutional changes were more profound after the late 50's and early 60's in the south, while things happened much more slowly in other states, and it still left a significant amount of political room for actual legislation to be passed that was discriminatory. (You can look at the civil rights movement in the south as a response to laws of the early 50's. The same way that the riots in the late 70's/early 90's were the response to laws/institutions in the late 60's) "Modern" here literally means "modern" (the last 40 years), which is a product of the fall out from success or failure in these two regions.

A massive amount of sweeping changes have occurred in the US in the past 40 years. You can't possibly lump it all together as "modern". I mean, I guess in terms of European expansion into the West it's modern? But in terms of civil rights - something that wasn't even formalized into law until a little over 50 years ago - you can't say the past 40 years are modern.

• 1Salty

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Did the civil rights movement got anything passed in the southern states themselves?
I remember them being a total failure at the state level, and it took the federal government to send in military troops to force the civil rights.

So Lithose is drunk once again by claiming the south was less racist than the rest.

• 1Salty

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
A massive amount of sweeping changes have occurred in the US in the past 40 years. You can't possibly lump it all together as "modern". I mean, I guess in terms of European expansion into the West it's modern? But in terms of civil rights - something that wasn't even formalized into law until a little over 50 years ago - you can't say the past 40 years are modern.

Last 10 years then, the idea that the south is currently "more racist" than anywhere else is an absurdity, essentially, propagated by people who don't live there.

Did the civil rights movement got anything passed in the southern states themselves?
I remember them being a total failure at the state level, and it took the federal government to send in military troops to force the civil rights.

So Lithose is drunk once again by claiming the south was less racist than the rest.

Oh they failed? Name a state law that was in contention but "failed". Since you remember off the top of your head.

And yes, the Little Rock incident is a great example. Troops were sent to forcefully integrate schools in 1957. Meanwhile, NY/Cali schools were far more segregated at the time, but nothing was done. The South was forced to change, "modern" Liberal areas? Not so much. Which is why NY is more segregated today than the South was when troops were sent. Thanks for pointing that out, Lend, did me a solid!

• 2Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Can you name a state law in Alabama that succeeded in passing thanks to the civil rights movements?

Why do you phrase it as law in “contention but failed” is that like a weasel way of saying well they didn’t even get to the floor of the assembly so they didn’t fail.

Let me ask clearly. Did Alabama, pass any laws, or repeal any law, addressing the grievances of their citizens regarding the civil rights ?

• 1Salty

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Can you name a state law in Alabama that succeeded in passing thanks to the civil rights movements?

Why do you phrase it as law in “contention but failed” is that like a weasel way of saying well they didn’t even get to the floor of the assembly so they didn’t fail.

Let me ask clearly. Did Alabama, pass any laws, or repeal any law, addressing the grievances of their citizens regarding the civil rights ?

Yes, slews of laws, the most famous being the changes to the Montgomery ordinances in the wake of the Supreme Court decision in Browder v. Gayle which officially enshrined desecration into law for bus routes into the city ordinance.

Okay, now you. Give me a law that failed.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
This boogeyman thing is supposed to keep Yankees away. Stop fucking it up for us, lith!

Best not let the sun set on your black ass, round here.I

There's actually a few parts of the Georgia and Carolina mountains that I'd kind of take it to heart, tbh. And there are small towns in eastern nc that I wouldn't just stroll around in at night as a white guy. You gotta respect the place. Some voluntary segregation is ok.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Show was solid, you guys analyzing jokes this deeply as dumb. Eddie Murphy Raw could not be made today because of you people.

• 1Rimshot
  • 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am not a fan of his pedoraping jokes, but the rest of the alphabet was good.
cut a little close to home huh?
yes.
I'm sorry for the things that happened to me when I was younger.
your ascension to progshit sjw is almost complete

edit: literally proving his point on why he did the joke
what overlord?

I guess you missed the part when I said that being abused as a teenager felt too close to home, as I was in that situation many years ago. I don't find comedy on it when an adult male think it is funny to joke about raping a younger boy.

I mean can I have permission from the maga crowd to not enjoy something? Is there a form I have to submit somewhere?

PS: I also find The whole character of pedobear hilarious, as that was my avatar for years, and i find hilarious joking about importing 16 year girls from Venezuela, i guess its the male-boy thing that triggers a bit.
I apologize for my original joke. Given general statistics surrounding the Latino / Hispanic culture when it comes to abuse (sexual and otherwise) of underage children I should have surmised why you didn't like it. Again, I apologize for perpetuating literal violence in the form of words.

Things happened to me when I was younger too and I found his pedo jokes to be fucking hilarious.

Kiroy Kiroy I hope that was a sarcastic apology because you don't owe one for laughing at a joke that was funny.

Also, I came here to laugh about funny fucking jokes with my Bros and instead I get the bullshit I quoted above and Lithose Lithose literally molesting my enjoyment of this thread (no offense bro, I love you). People need to calm the fuck down and get over shit. I don't believe in God, but if I did I would thank him everyday for comedians like Chappelle and Burr that show the world how silly people are acting these days. I cannot wait for the pendulum to swing in the opposite direction of this bullshit PC Culture.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just ignore Lithose. I mean, literally. Hit the button. It saves you 1,000s of words of redpill, waifu-illow, comic fag nonsense in the long run.

• 3Garbage
  • 1Salty
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Just ignore Lithose. I mean, literally. Hit the button. It saves you 1,000s of words of redpill, waifu-illow, comic fag nonsense in the long run.

Translation: Cognitive dissonance makes me uncomfortable and I don't like feeling like a fucking moron. My bubble, which is carefully curated to only allow for people who agree with me in my shitty little stream, feels much better.

giphy.gif

By all means, if your delicate sensibilities belong more with the super woke twitch streaming crowd of Harvey Weinstein style "male feminists", slap on your pussy hats and secure your safe spaces against those who would challenge your views. Its easier that way.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Things happened to me when I was younger too and I found his pedo jokes to be fucking hilarious.

Kiroy Kiroy I hope that was a sarcastic apology because you don't owe one for laughing at a joke that was funny.

Also, I came here to laugh about funny fucking jokes with my Bros and instead I get the bullshit I quoted above and Lithose Lithose literally molesting my enjoyment of this thread (no offense bro, I love you). People need to calm the fuck down and get over shit. I don't believe in God, but if I did I would thank him everyday for comedians like Chappelle and Burr that show the world how silly people are acting these days. I cannot wait for the pendulum to swing in the opposite direction of this bullshit PC Culture.
how many of ya'll foh'ers got diddled, jesus

pedo jokes were ok, no where no where chris rocks "where them kids at"

• 1Worf