Dave Chappelle

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Thank you guys for the history lesson about the trials and tribulations of my people. I'm pretty sure that I can speak for a lot of members on this board when I say:

SxUS59m.gif

Who gives a fuck if anyone was offended? No lines were crossed. Nothing was said that hasn't been said before. Most of all, the shit was pretty funny!

Thread was lost soon as Lendarios entered the conversation.

• 9Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 11 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
how many of ya'll foh'ers got diddled, jesus

IIRC the stat that sticks in my head is 1 out of 12 boys (1 out of 5 for girls?), but considering how how fuck in the head most of us are on this board I would say it is closer to 1 out of 8 for FoH Members :p.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Stop being a bitch, Lendarios Lendarios . Do you laugh at Catholic priest jokes? Those are fucking rampant and I'm sure that's affected a ton of grown men.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Thank you guys for the history lesson about the trials and tribulations of my people. I'm pretty sure that I can speak for a lot of members on this board when I say:

View attachment 221792

Who gives a fuck if anyone was offended? No lines were crossed. Nothing was said that hasn't been said before. Most of all, the shit was pretty funny!

lol, I don't think anyone's offended, we are debating things not even in the special at this point. I though the special was pretty funny. Its actually pretty refreshing to see a comedian tag all sides in a more political routine. Everyone needs to be mocked some, it keeps people grounded.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

View attachment 221792

As much as it sucks to derail entertainment threads with political discussions, its going to keep happening until everyone, including actors and comedians chill the fuck out on the topic. Somebody mentioned Eddie Murphy's Raw, that was a classic standup routine and it had no politics. Back in the day bars had signs that read no religion or political discussions because it lead to drunken arguments.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
IIRC the stat that sticks in my head is 1 out of 12 boys (1 out of 5 for girls?), but considering how how fuck in the head most of us are on this board I would say it is closer to 1 out of 8 for FoH Members :p.

You'll always find more of them online. This has been my working theory for decades. It's been true up until fairly recently. The internet provides a service which the deeply damaged recognized immediately. It took the less damaged longer to find the value in it.

And we've come to a spot where the less damaged are damaging themselves in order to take greater advantage of the services/community provided. Its actually comprehensible and deeply regretable.

Fucking normies.

• 1Solidarity

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
As much as it sucks to derail entertainment threads with political discussions, its going to keep happening until everyone, including actors and comedians chill the fuck out on the topic. Somebody mentioned Eddie Murphy's Raw, that was a classic standup routine and it had no politics. Back in the day bars had signs that read no religion or political discussions because it lead to drunken arguments.

I mean, it comes down to this. The pervasive attitude right now among Hollywood and the "artists" is "the personal is political". Meaning, everything, including art, is political. Its silly to see political themes in these things and not expect political discourse afterwords. If people are exhausted by it (Which don't get me wrong, I am too), then the ire should be directed at the art, not the effects.

That said, Chappelle's style of "political" I think is the good kind. Its clearly not a focused set of answers, he's more just tossing shit into the pond to see what it stirs up. Which I think is what a good comedian should do if they want to wade into politics. Like a court jester, they are there to ask questions and make points others can't. Making people think without thinking too deeply about stuff that they can't laugh (Or at least right away, really, really good comedy is the kind that gets in with a laugh and then burrows and really makes you think).

Which is why people getting angry at Chappelle is a terrible sign of the times. He's not exactly going deep on any of these issues. If people can't handle that, they've become a dogmatic bunch of zealots.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
No politics for the time/era. I guarantee you that the gay Mr T jokes would cause a huge fucking uproar in today's political climate. And I disagree with you that Comedians (actors yes) need to chill out, they are just the thing we need right now by calling out the crazy fucks on the far left and far right.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No politics for the time/era. I guarantee you that the gay Mr T jokes would cause a huge fucking uproar in today's political climate. And I disagree with you that Comedians (actors yes) need to chill out, they are just the thing we need right now by calling out the crazy fucks on the far left and far right.
Most everything is politicized now. Back then you could make fun of something without it being a tribal issue. It wasn't a political issue back then and it shouldn't be now. Chappelle making fun of it all is fine I guess. But I would be more fine with silly jokes about getting high or whatever he usually does.

• 1Solidarity

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Yeah, no. Dave's right on that one. Pretty sure if every black person who could legally own a weapon started going out and getting them, a LOT of conservatives, especially the southern ones would start ammending shit real quick.

Oh fucking horse shit. I own a veritable fucking armory, go to public shooting ranges at least once a week, and not ONCE has anyone even remotely suggested that "oh no darkie got a gun, better implement some of those gun control laws the democrats are always talking about."

What the fuck are you talking about? I'd love it if everyone owned a legal firearm and joined a club.

edit: On-topic on two fronts. I wish I'd seen this video before putting the needle in my arm. Just saw this a few days ago.

God damn this video hurts. Makes matters worse is I literally live down the street from a really nice gun store. I can't even go to the fucking grocery store without passing by it. I bet I've personally paid the rent on that mother fucker a couple times.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Oh fucking horse shit. I own a veritable fucking armory, go to public shooting ranges at least once a week, and not ONCE has anyone even remotely suggested that "oh no darkie got a gun, better implement some of those gun control laws the democrats are always talking about."

God damn this video hurts. Makes matters worse is I literally live down the street from a really nice gun store. I can't even go to the fucking grocery store without passing by it. I bet I've personally paid the rent on that mother fucker a couple times.
Watch out, you might force someone to feel uncomfortable.

giphy.gif

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
here's a better question: what if Mark Zuckerberg started a new foundation that aimed to give every single tranny in the USA two AR-15s and a few handguns for free, would you now be for gun control or at least requiring gun owners to pass a mental and accuracy test before buying a gun?

Although if all that is required to get 3 free guns would be to declare you are a chick with a dick.... hmm.....

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
here's a better question: what if Mark Zuckerberg started a new foundation that aimed to give every single tranny in the USA two AR-15s and a few handguns for free, would you now be for gun control or at least requiring gun owners to pass a mental and accuracy test before buying a gun?

Although if all that is required to get 3 free guns would be to declare you are a chick with a dick.... hmm.....
Just ask them to cite the pledge of allegiance, they'll freak out and have an episode

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So if trans people have a suicide rate of 40%, and access to firearms increases the suicide rate, is this plan a secret Zuckerberg plot to remove trans people from society? How does this new revelation about Zuckerberg's Final Solution change your position?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great set, if Netflix was smart they'd double down and give Louis CK about $50MM and break the internet. How much material has that guy socked away the past 2 years waiting to explode on world.

Instead, Netflix will keep giving complete hack comedians $2MM+ a special.

• 2Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
BECAUSE of all the complaining about the show by sjw's i watched sticks and stones a few clips on youtube. i then went to netflix and watched the whole thing, it was solid. not as good as older(some dead now) comedians i love to listen too (Carlin, Williams, murphy, Pryor, Cosby), but solid. i laughed.

imo the 5 comedians i listed were significantly better, especially Carlin & Williams. i wish carlin was alive just to watch something he would do now to rip everyone.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
BECAUSE of all the complaining about the show by sjw's i watched sticks and stones a few clips on youtube. i then went to netflix and watched the whole thing, it was solid. not as good as older(some dead now) comedians i love to listen too (Carlin, Williams, murphy, Pryor, Cosby), but solid. i laughed.

imo the 5 comedians i listed were significantly better, especially Carlin & Williams. i wish carlin was alive just to watch something he would do now to rip everyone.

Katt Williams? Dane Cook has better material...

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf