Dave Chappelle

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
fuck yeah

He also hosted the post election 2016 SNL, its a classic because you could just see on the face of every cast member how shellshocked they were by a Trump win

he didnt have tds back then, he's now had 4years of ppl shitting on him for "give donald trump a chance"

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Dave signed a shitty contract and now he is a little bitch about it. Dude should learn to read.

Kiki

Log Wizard
He broke his contract by leaving so they never paid him. CC owns the rights to his show. He has a Netflix deal so they respected his wishes and took it down because it hurt his feelings. He tells everyone to not watch the show because he never got paid for it.

He should get paid for the work he did, but hey also maybe don't break your contracts. He wants people to do what they said they were gonna do, maybe he also should have done what he said he was going to do.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't think I'm going to lose any sleep over Comedy Central, Netflix, or Dave Chappelle. I think they're all doing just fine. Especially compared to me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm curious exactly what all was rescinded when he got on a plane to Africa instead of doing season three. Surely they still have to give him dollars for the first two under his previous contract?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm curious exactly what all was rescinded when he got on a plane to Africa instead of doing season three. Surely they still have to give him dollars for the first two under his previous contract?
That last contract was huge and I bet there were clauses about what happened if he broke it. I assume that meant he lost rights to his show and no pay.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That last contract was huge and I bet there were clauses about what happened if he broke it. I assume that meant he lost rights to his show and no pay.

It's odd to me that the other cast members would go back for the lost episodes if Dave lost the rights to actual everything but then again their contracts may have also been similarly worded. Stiffing Dave hard on the final season I'm fine with but it's pretty brutal if he lost everything.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's odd to me that the other cast members would go back for the lost episodes if Dave lost the rights to actual everything but then again their contracts may have also been similarly worded. Stiffing Dave hard on the final season I'm fine with but it's pretty brutal if he lost everything.
I don't think it's necessarily even about him owning the show. Most actors/comedians don't get that type of ownership of their shows. This is most likely him losing out on any money for dvd sales, digital sales, etc. I think it's more that he lost his rights to royalties from the show. Like Roseanne doesn't own the Roseanne show and Seinfeld doesn't own Seinfeld.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its on him to negotiate a contract. sounds like he had a shit tier lawyer or worse, he did it himself cuz black people dont want to pay for lawyers.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
its on him to negotiate a contract. sounds like he had a shit tier lawyer or worse, he did it himself cuz black people dont want to pay for lawyers.

he wasn't in a position to negotiate shit with that contract, which is why it wasn't great - no one, including him, knew that it would be a seminal work of comedy. Suck, but them the breaks. Both him and viacom are being bitches, but viacom is a bitch within it's rights

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
he wasn't in a position to negotiate shit with that contract, which is why it wasn't great - no one, including him, knew that it would be a seminal work of comedy. Suck, but them the breaks. Both him and viacom are being bitches, but viacom is a bitch within it's rights

Well, when he signed the contract that included the fifty million dollars for season three that he would later walk away from that would have been a good time to claw back / lock in any rights he only had a tenuous grip on.

He also could have just done the shitty season, taken the money and been out.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Well, when he signed the contract that included the fifty million dollars for season three that he would later walk away from that would have been a good time to claw back / lock in any rights he only had a tenuous grip on.

He also could have just done the shitty season, taken the money and been out.

oh I thought it was a three season contract he signed, didn't realize he had 50 million on stand by if he did another season

oof

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think that's right?
oh I thought it was a three season contract he signed, didn't realize he had 50 million on stand by if he did another season

oof

Due to the show's popularity, Comedy Central's new parent company Viacom[5] reportedly offered Chappelle a $55 million contract (giving Chappelle a share of DVD sales) to continue production of Chappelle's Show for two more years while allowing him to do side projects. Chappelle has said that sketches are not his favorite form of comedy,[5] and that the show's format was similar to short films.

I'm not going in any deeper but I'm getting the impression that he gained extra royalties with the new contract and that was the one he flushed.