Dave Chappelle

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
1ylrteelcdl31.png

Xevy Xevy and his super stream friends negging Dave's special pretty hard.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's because homosexuality is just thought of as normal now. You have to look at it in the context of 1983.
I don't think it has anything to do with that, really. It's just a super weak bit. The Honeymooners stuff is the best part of it, the rest is just kind of "fags lookin at my ass lol" and that shit's weak.

• 1Picard

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Chappelle is great but the fact that this set is "controversial" just shows how bad things are. Can you imagine what would happen if he came out and said something like this...

Maybe the fact that that set would be unacceptable today is a good thing, but it's obviously gone way too far now.
A bit of controversy is what makes it good for most types of comedy. Everybody knows that, there's no special revelation.

The Mr. T bit is fine. Don't see why that sort of joke would be verboten today. There is a line between intentionally crass yet good-natured humor and blatant prejudice, denigration or weak dumb shit. Problem is everyone overstresses and no one knows the difference, everyone loves outrage and scandal cos everyone is fucking retarded.

The 'punching down' term is being thrown around a lot. There is no such thing as punching up or down. There is only human retardation, we all get to point and laugh.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bill Burr doesn't hold back in his new special at all. Gets after it right at the start.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bill Burr doesn't hold back in his new special at all. Gets after it right at the start.

LOL, yeah saw it last night, fucking brutal. He even said, this is his last special probably because of it, lol.

spronk

FPS noob

i wonder why so many people went hard after chappelle but nobody really seems to care that Burr is basically playing in the same minefield

is this white privilege

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Bill Burr is a big comedian but he is way less famous than Dave Chappelle and his audience is heavily male. Probably not on the radar of nearly as many SJWs.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This kind of behavior is expected of white dudes but you can't let some uppity negro step off the plantation.

• 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i watched it the other night. i'm not a huge chappelle fan so i wasn't in any rush to watch it, but people were so angry about it i figured it had to be good. like, the exact opposite crowd that loved hannah gadsby's special HATED chappelle's.

it was good. i liked it. i loved his impression of the audience that he pulled right off the bat.

iannis

Musty Nester
Bill Burr is a big comedian but he is way less famous than Dave Chappelle and his audience is heavily male. Probably not on the radar of nearly as many SJWs.
And burr s "brand" is that he's a barely contained Irish psycopath.

They just haven't been paying attention to what chapelle has been saying for the last three years. Hes Rick james, bitch. He's the blind black klansman! He's supposed to be their cheerleader.

They turned out when he said, "suffering is not a competition".

Chapelle isn't anyone's cheerleader.

• 1Like