6iWbdrBs.jpeg

zhe was not amused.

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
6iWbdrBs.jpeg

zhe was not amused.

Yea, that was a great part of the show; every time they pan to the front of the audience, there are these two 'purple' hairs making that face. Wonder what Dave was thinking, having to look at those sour mugs all show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yea, that was a great part of the show; every time they pan to the front of the audience, there are these two 'purple' hairs making that face. Wonder what Dave was thinking, having to look at those sour mugs all show.
makes you wonder why they would even show up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

makes you wonder why they would even show up.

So they could go on Twitter/Tumblr/Polygon to tell everyone they went and how much they suffered through such a horrible person's show.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they were hired as some kind of "critic" for a major website like NYT. Those seats weren't cheap.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So they could go on Twitter/Tumblr/Polygon to tell everyone they went and how much they suffered through such a horrible person's show.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they were hired as some kind of "critic" for a major website like NYT. Those seats weren't cheap.
yeah, my first thought was they were "monitors" put there to see what chappelle was saying and what was edited out.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just watched it tonight and was going to comment on those two. Loved it. Not his best work but still very enjoyable. Dave is one of my favorites.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
yeah, my first thought was they were "monitors" put there to see what chappelle was saying and what was edited out.
LMAO, how much of a candy ass does someone have to be to attend a show of a comedian and his content you don't like, only so you can complain about it later. When I see or hear something I don't like, I turn it off and change the channel...just like 93% of the other people on the planet.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
So some morons are not only giving him money but more publicity because they don't like the words he uses. Amazing logic.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Look, DC is going to DC. and it seems some of the stuff was fact-telling story and some was set up for jokes with some artistic license. The brilliant thing about Chapelle unless you are looking at his face or listening to his voice, its hard to tell what's the act or if there is any difference. There's tons of great stuff in this one but it's not his best. He's more trying to make a statement with this, though, and trying to walk the line with the "T's" as he referred to them, calling them out and trying to call for a truce in the cancel culture wars. Them boycotting Netflix is seemingly playing into his hands. This special has some heartfelt moments from Dave, and being vitriolic and over-the-top should reveal them for the CryBully Fascists they are.

He is of and on the Left. He established his Bona Fides with the Gay Pence joke: He wants everyone to know he still dislikes the right people. This is his "Bill Maher" moment, as it were. The Left deciding that the Wokesters have gone too far and trying to pull it back before the country descends into full-blown Cultural Revolution, if it can be stopped.

I was looking for the hall monitor blue hairs. The only other time I saw them they seem to be enjoying themselves.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I watched this after all the publicity that was raised around it. If nothing else the bullshit is some of the best advertising money can't buy, I am sure the numbers can't go anywhere but up on this.

That being said, this special just didn't hit like the others, I like Dave Chappelle as a comedian but his jokes just didn't hit like they used to. This for me felt less about telling jokes and more about preaching a message, making a statement, in a humorous way. There were aspects that were amusing but it was mostly forgettable. Compared to previous routines like Justice for Juicy, and Rapes to Save, or a baby selling weed at 3am in the projects, none of these were on that level.

I don't know I felt like comedy isn't what it used to be and even someone as seasoned as Dave Chappelle can't tell jokes freely as he used to. Comedy can't survive walking on eggshells.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
So I watched this after all the publicity that was raised around it. If nothing else the bullshit is some of the best advertising money can't buy, I am sure the numbers can't go anywhere but up on this.

That being said, this special just didn't hit like the others, I like Dave Chappelle as a comedian but his jokes just didn't hit like they used to. This for me felt less about telling jokes and more about preaching a message, making a statement, in a humorous way. There were aspects that were amusing but it was mostly forgettable. Compared to previous routines like Justice for Juicy, and Rapes to Save, or a baby selling weed at 3am in the projects, none of these were on that level.

I don't know I felt like comedy isn't what it used to be and even someone as seasoned as Dave Chappelle can't tell jokes freely as he used to. Comedy can't survive walking on eggshells.
Someone was with Jerry on Cars and Coffee and said no one does colleges anymore because of all the crying from students. hell, it might have been Jerry himself. Truly a sad country we live in when adults don't know anything about sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I judged this purely on comedic material. It's really weak. There is some funny in the first half. Second half he sucks off some dead tranny named Daphne. People should stop making excuses for this guy. He is funny. Just not here. Lots of white guilt in this thread.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I judged this purely on comedic material. It's really weak. There is some funny in the first half. Second half he sucks off some dead tranny named Daphne. People should stop making excuses for this guy. He is funny. Just not here. Lots of white guilt in this thread.
You're not wrong; (I mean, you are technically correct, the best kind of correct). I don't think it's intended to be pure comedy, though. It's an apologia with some jokes as Dave does it best. He really is a master storyteller. There were some laugh out loud moments but as a "comedy" special, and I hadn't thought about it that way, it isn't anywhere near as good as some of his others. I mean, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it but its way more think piece than joke extravaganza because of where we are, tiptoeing on the edge of a full-blown Great Leap Forward.

Colleges have been off-limits for almost a decade if not longer. That's how long we have been in the grip of oncoming Marxist commissars.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You're not wrong; (I mean, you are technically correct, the best kind of correct). I don't think it's intended to be pure comedy, though. It's an apologia with some jokes as Dave does it best. He really is a master storyteller. There were some laugh out loud moments but as a "comedy" special, and I hadn't thought about it that way, it isn't anywhere near as good as some of his others. I mean, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it but its way more think piece than joke extravaganza because of where we are, tiptoeing on the edge of a full-blown Great Leap Forward.

Colleges have been off-limits for almost a decade if not longer. That's how long we have been in the grip of oncoming Marxist commissars.
Sticks and stones was his peak with the Netflix specials. It was just gold. None of the others have hit that high note.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This special was exactly like all his other Netflix specials outside of one thing. Him trying to gain sympathy for himself through his Daphne story. It was pretty pathetic. The entire time he was telling that story he was tooting his own horn trying to seem sympathetic.

You might even call it.... completely TRANSparent.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is peak Netflix content. You consume it and immediately forget 95% of what happened

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Burns

Psh, "white guilt." You sound like a Nancy boy who cant take a joke.