Dave Chappelle

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

Someone was with Jerry on Cars and Coffee and said no one does colleges anymore because of all the crying from students. hell, it might have been Jerry himself. Truly a sad country we live in when adults don't know anything about sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Even in the late 90s, I remember a college (or at least the loud voices) flipped its shit when George Carlin did a show and how insensitive/toxic/politically incorrect/etc.

spronk

FPS noob

Chappelle is one of the most popular stand-up comedians today, and we have a long standing deal with him. His last special “Sticks & Stones,” also controversial, is our most watched., stickiest and most award winning stand-up special to date. As with our other talent, we work hard to support their creative freedom – even though this means there will always be content on Netflix some people believe is harmful, like “Cuties,” “365 Days,” “13 Reasons Why” or “My Unorthodox Life.””

Several of you have also asked where we draw the line on hate. We don’t allow titles Netflix that are designed to incite hate or violence, and we don’t believe The Closer crosses that line. I recognize, however, that distinguishing between commentary and harm is hard, especially with stand-up comedy which exists to push boundaries. Some people find the art of stand-up to be mean-spirited but our members enjoy it, and it’s an important part of our content offering.

also lol

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Chappelle is one of the most popular stand-up comedians today, and we have a long standing deal with him. His last special “Sticks & Stones,” also controversial, is our most watched., stickiest and most award winning stand-up special to date. As with our other talent, we work hard to support their creative freedom – even though this means there will always be content on Netflix some people believe is harmful, like “Cuties,” “365 Days,” “13 Reasons Why” or “My Unorthodox Life.””

Several of you have also asked where we draw the line on hate. We don’t allow titles Netflix that are designed to incite hate or violence, and we don’t believe The Closer crosses that line. I recognize, however, that distinguishing between commentary and harm is hard, especially with stand-up comedy which exists to push boundaries. Some people find the art of stand-up to be mean-spirited but our members enjoy it, and it’s an important part of our content offering.
Only Green Lives Matter, bitch!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Fucking pussies. I really hate liberals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Watched the first half last night with my wife, will finish it up tonight. Some of the jokes have changed/been polished since I saw him in July.

The first 30 minutes did have my favorite joke of the whole special. It is subtle and didn't get the biggest laugh. It was when a guy tells him "They are after you." and he responds "One they or many theys?"

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Flat He went for some kind of magnum opus comedy show + great message of togetherness, but the comedy and message were just not great.

Appreciate him trying, I guess.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I thought it was pretty good. Pushing back and fighting for his culture and freedom. Showing the right way to protest. Decently funny as well. I wonder if the people outraged even got to the end to understand what they did to Daphne.

• 2Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
it was alright. only a few laughs really. he was throwing out quite a few spicy jokes. started with the church pedo stuff, space jews, etc. probably intentionally trying to piss off everyone a bit. maybe get them to see the blind spots.

Never sure how much is "just jokes" versus what he actually thinks. Still drops this anti-white, anti-cop stuff casually. like, he specifically says, im not anti trans, Im anti-white. which makes you think its mostly joking. But, then like he gives the story about the black slaver, and comes to the conclusion, the guy learned it from white people.. right...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh noes...

1634152724703.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
LMAO, how much of a candy ass does someone have to be to attend a show of a comedian and his content you don't like, only so you can complain about it later. When I see or hear something I don't like, I turn it off and change the channel...just like 93% of the other people on the planet.

Check out the TV forum. People watch shows they hate every week just to go on the internet and whine about it.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Check out the TV forum. People watch shows they hate every week just to go on the internet and whine about it.
Well, there's a difference between watching something you want to watch that turns out to be shit, and something you hate so you can shit diapers even more.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
New special sucks. Chapelle is jockingly mocking gays while respecting them. It’s pathetic. Also his mask schtick is pretty faggoty.

• 1Garbage
  • 1EyeRoll

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

The fact that a comedian telling jokes in a special is news worthy is a telling sign of how bad things have really gotten. Even moreso when you see how tame this special was. This wasn't Eddie Murphy Raw this was Dave asking for a truce with faggots.

• 1Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Netflix has fired a leader of the trans employee resource group who was organizing the upcoming October 20th walkout. The employee, who is Black and currently pregnant, asked not to be named for fear of online harassment. They have been encouraging trans employees and allies to walk out of work in protest of Netflix’s handling of the Dave Chappelle special The Closer.

“All these white people are going around talking to the press and speaking publicly on Twitter and the only person who gets fired is the Black person who was quiet the entire time,”

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users