Mouthbreather
2 ever 2 quest

Nhy7EON.gif

• 23Worf
Reactions: 22 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I will only play this if they bring back facial tracking SOEmote style - that rocked!

zero_name

Golden Knight of the Realm
IDGAF I’m always going to root for EQ no matter how many failures because my nostalgia outweighs logic. I can accept that, now show me Grobb and fat, mouth-breathing trolls.

• 8Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Action combat, cause Kingdoms of Amalur was awesome.

My money is on a new Starwars RPG funded by Disney bucks............ o_O

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Careers at Daybreak | Daybreak Game Company

So there are a shitload more jobs listed for, "Unannouced Project" some of them coming from the last few days. Multiple listed for both Austin & San Diego. Also noticing when asking to be given updates regarding positions, they have "Boston" listed as a location as well (not sure if that's new).

Speculate!

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am sure it will have one or two of the features that I dearly want in a MMO. The other 17 features that I want are still spread among a dozen existing MMO's.

The sad thing is, some of my "must have" features are undoubtedly conflicting with each other, so there's no winning for a MMO-devteam.

Currently playing Lotro again: because I just watched the movies with my daughter and then she found out there's actually a decent MMO about it where she can revisit lots of stuff. So I suck up the horrible combat and just enjoy duo-ing with her, playing through a nice and familiar world. For as long as it lasts.

Not waiting for the ultimate MMO anymore, just taking picks out of the existing offerings when I feel like it. Let's face it, we have a huge amount to choose from.

Edit: needless to say I will follow this MMO too, like many others in development because that in itself is a great hobby.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Currently playing Lotro again: because I just watched the movies with my daughter and then she found out there's actually a decent MMO about it where she can revisit lots of stuff. So I suck up the horrible combat and just enjoy duo-ing with her, playing through a nice and familiar world. For as long as it lasts.

That’s better than any raid.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Paste playing the "Russian/Dirty Trump" card.

Article was pretty much pointless. DBG has been a "doubtful" company all along, and for many other important reasons than ties to the big bad Russians..

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Paste playing the "Russian/Dirty Trump" card.

Article was pretty much pointless. DBG has been a "doubtful" company all along, and for many other important reasons than ties to the big bad Russians..

I agree that the article was pretty much pointless for our purposes, since we've had a thread with the Daybreak/Russion connection in the title for nearly two months now. Old news is old. Yawn.

But what, exactly, has Daybreak ever done that's a "more important reason" than trying to hide their business connections to a Russian that's being sanctioned by the US Government for malicious interference in the Presidential election? Please be specific. What exactly have they done that's more significant than being a hair's breadth away from an international money laundering investigation?

Fucking seriously?

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I agree that the article was pretty much pointless for our purposes, since we've had a thread with the Daybreak/Russion connection in the title for nearly two months now. Old news is old. Yawn.

But what, exactly, has Daybreak ever done that's a "more important reason" than trying to hide their business connections to a Russian that's being sanctioned by the US Government for malicious interference in the Presidential election? Please be specific. What exactly have they done that's more significant than being a hair's breadth away from an international money laundering investigation?

Fucking seriously?

Lol.

You are giving this company way too much fucking credit. They were about as in "know" as my pet dog would've been in regards to what some of those top level guys at Columbus Nova were doing. Some dude from that group bought this as some side-show shit. Don't act like DBG was in on some crazy election scheme shit, cause they weren't.

And I believe something that qualifies as "more important" is producing shit products, and in return being in this position in the first place. This company, and the IPs they own/owned most important decisions came long ago.

• 1Picard

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
When did I give Daybreak any credit at all? That's something that's never once happened. Don't act like I said DBG was in on some crazy election scheme shit, cause I didn't do that either. Faggot.

The relevant fact that you're trying so hard to squirm your way around is that they repeatedly, publicly, and very proudly claimed that Daybreak was the property of Columbus Nova... right up until the point where being Columbus Nova property was a thing that was explicitly against the best interest of National Security according to whichever US Government agency made that ruling. That kind of fuckery is a much bigger deal than making shit video games. Practically any idiot can make shit video games, but it takes a very special kind of idiot for an internet based company to think they can look cleaner than they are by removing their tarnished history from the internet as soon as a Federal investigation starts looking in their direction.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
The tranny probably put thir own pic up because it's the first photo from just the right angle that thir chin obscures thir adam's apple and it didn't even need to be shopped out.

Back on topic though: Nextland Freequest Realmsmark... I'm gonna hold my opinion til I find out whether Daybreak still owns the Storybrick IP and rights and whatnot.

She's actually really nice. Just a bad picture when she was asked to give her best zombie face.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
When did I give Daybreak any credit at all? That's something that's never once happened. Don't act like I said DBG was in on some crazy election scheme shit, cause I didn't do that either. Faggot.

What exactly have they done that's more significant than being a hair's breadth away from an international money laundering investigation?

K. :Do_O

The relevant fact that you're trying so hard to squirm your way around is that they repeatedly, publicly, and very proudly claimed that Daybreak was the property of Columbus Nova... right up until the point where being Columbus Nova property was a thing that was explicitly against the best interest of National Security according to whichever US Government agency made that ruling. That kind of fuckery is a much bigger deal than making shit video games. Practically any idiot can make shit video games, but it takes a very special kind of idiot for an internet based company to think they can look cleaner than they are by removing their tarnished history from the internet as soon as a Federal investigation starts looking in their direction.

If you are arguing DBG is retarded because they are trying to clear their name by deleting shit off the internet and "washing their hands" of any visible ties to Columbus Nova and in return can absolutely no longer have any amount of faith put into them... Then no one is arguing with you. It's hilariously retarded how bad that is.

But what, exactly, has Daybreak ever done that's a "more important reason" than trying to hide their business connections to a Russian that's being sanctioned by the US Government for malicious interference in the Presidential election? Please be specific.

You are trying too hard. You are arguing a mute point. DBG/SOE was a shit show way before this whole thing. In relevance to this industry and community, there were decisions made long ago that spelled the end, way before this. So sure, I'll play along: In the GRAND SCHEME OF THE WORLD, is this a more "important issue". Sure. In the grand scheme of the world, what does DBG matter? They don't. They matter in this specific genre/industry. The decisions they made in relevance to this genre and their products are what really made this company have the "doubtful" tag. Those decisions being WAY more important to the people (customers) who actually had an impact on DBG.

Last edited:

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Im sorry but isn’t the concept of making a sequel Everquest contrary to the name “everquest“? I never cared about eq 2 and likely won’t care about this. If you want my attention give me a tlp new expansion branching from pop (or fuck it from luclin) and throw away all of the dumpster fire i never cared to play after that.

• 1Like