Daybreak making new online RPG on UE4.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Paste playing the "Russian/Dirty Trump" card.

Article was pretty much pointless. DBG has been a "doubtful" company all along, and for many other important reasons than ties to the big bad Russians..

I agree that the article was pretty much pointless for our purposes, since we've had a thread with the Daybreak/Russion connection in the title for nearly two months now. Old news is old. Yawn.

But what, exactly, has Daybreak ever done that's a "more important reason" than trying to hide their business connections to a Russian that's being sanctioned by the US Government for malicious interference in the Presidential election? Please be specific. What exactly have they done that's more significant than being a hair's breadth away from an international money laundering investigation?

Fucking seriously?

To be clear, I didn't post it neither to praise nor judge Trump (Not interested in the topic) . Daybreak was once SOE, a company that i paid money to for over 13 years. What i found interesting is that by proxy we all have a little to do with this. Small world and all of that. And not everyone read the last article you mentioned. Didn't mean to rattle cages. I'v never seen a studio mixed up with politicians and these type of businessmen. Hence "found this interesting"

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
To be clear, I didn't post it neither to praise nor judge Trump (Not interested in the topic) . Daybreak was once SOE, a company that i paid money to for over 13 years. What i found interesting is that by proxy we all have a little to do with this. Small world and all of that. And not everyone read the last article you mentioned. Didn't mean to rattle cages. I'v never seen a studio mixed up with politicians and these type of businessmen. Hence "found this interesting"

Ah nah, nothing on you. I just thought Paste was maybe reaching there or not aware of Daybreak's past. Nothing wrong with what you posted.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Maybe eq needs to go the way of final fantasy 7, full remaster starting with classic and rerelease expansions as you go. Modernize elements of the mechanics and expand nuances of the game / some additions secret zones and content. Fix all of those things we have had 20 years to think about. Find those couple of giant missing pieces for each expansion and put it in. Mayonnggggggg mistmoooooorreeee #makefreeportgreatagain #mfga

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Mayong Mistmoore was the focus of at least one whole expansion in EQ and an expansion boss in EQ2...

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Mayong Mistmoore was the focus of at least one whole expansion in EQ and an expansion boss in EQ2...

I forgot. See my earlier posts about EQ2/EQX being trash can, and later expansions past Luclin or PoP not counting.

Sorry if that wasnt clear :p here it is so we have it all in one place.

Im sorry but isn’t the concept of making a sequel Everquest contrary to the name “everquest“? I never cared about eq 2 and likely won’t care about this. If you want my attention give me a tlp new expansion branching from pop (or fuck it from luclin) and throw away all of the dumpster fire i never cared to play after that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sandboxer

Golden Knight of the Realm
Probably a Destiny meets EQ for PC and consoles (MMO lite).

Loaded with micro-transactions.

I can't see them doing anything besides low-risk with high-return.

Mediocre game at best...

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe eq needs to go the way of final fantasy 7, full remaster starting with classic and rerelease expansions as you go. Modernize elements of the mechanics and expand nuances of the game / some additions secret zones and content. Fix all of those things we have had 20 years to think about. Find those couple of giant missing pieces for each expansion and put it in. Mayonnggggggg mistmoooooorreeee #makefreeportgreatagain #mfga

If they are in fact working on something EQ related (or was before the Colombus Nova news), I'd imagine it's something along these lines: reskinned EverQuest, with new expansions and content as close to the original 3-4 as possible.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Looks like the announcement is Thursday...

New Game.PNG

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
It's the studio with the key to the EQ world. no hype, but rather curious.

Can we have a Nek castle 3.0 pretty please ?

Fucker

Log Wizard
What in bloody fuck is a purpitrator? People are so lazy these days that they can't even run things through a spell checker?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I keep clicking on No Thanks but it still wants me to watch

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What in bloody fuck is a purpitrator? People are so lazy these days that they can't even run things through a spell checker?

It was my Vanu character's name in PS2, he was purple....

A new Planetside or Everquest would be welcome.

• 1Worf

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
What a weird series of events. If this stream is actually an announcement of a new game and not just DBG shutting down I'll be surprised.

EQ1 expac today though! How exciting

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
If they announce a BR Planetside i'll freak out. No more BR games. I don't know if I trust this studio enough to do anything so in a way, i'm hoping it's not EQ but at the same time, I would like to see what they come up with.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If they announcement a BR Planetside i'll freak out. No more BR games. I don't know if I trust this studio enough to do anything so in a way, i'm hoping it's not EQ but at the same time, I would like to see what they come up with.
I just want to see how bad they fuck up using the Unreal Engine. So easy to make great looking games yet for some reason I'm picturing amateur hour.