Daybreak making new online RPG on UE4.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
With the amount of money he made destroying SOE, he should just go away and hide.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'd welcome a new Planetside if it's actually a Planetside game. For some reason I'm sure they'll try to make some shitass esport instead.

Planetside 2's monetization needs to go though. Granted I haven't played in a few years, but yikes.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone know where the lay-offs came from. What game(s) was hit hardest?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'd welcome a new Planetside if it's actually a Planetside game. For some reason I'm sure they'll try to make some shitass esport instead.

Planetside 2's monetization needs to go though. Granted I haven't played in a few years, but yikes.

I don't see why it's so bad, it's just skins, camos and helmets.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Earlier on in the game it was also better weapons, vehicle addons, etc. It was never a SIGNIFICANT amount, but it was still +gooder regardless. And yes, you could just grind them instead but it took an obscene amount of time.

I'm glad you could at least unlock all of it by just play, but the time that required was silly. (that said I still have like 3k hours in it)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Earlier on in the game it was also better weapons, vehicle addons, etc. It was never a SIGNIFICANT amount, but it was still +gooder regardless. And yes, you could just grind them instead but it took an obscene amount of time.

I'm glad you could at least unlock all of it by just play, but the time that required was silly. (that said I still have like 3k hours in it)

I don't know if I consider any of the weapons +better other than some of the rocket launchers. They reigned in alot of the weapons some years back (It all runs together so I don't remember specific dates). It really fucks with my head when I remember running certain loadouts and shitting all over people and now you don't.

I am still baffled by some of the weapons that still underperform that haven't been adjusted, such as the MKV smg.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
Planetside 2 was pay to win at the start. We bought weapons like rocket pods and Zephyr/dalton and boosted our XP. I hit BR100 with an do rate of over 680. I was farming about 10-15x certs than the average player. Within weeks my vehicles were leaps and bounds better than stock and the farming became exponentially more profitable.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So it's going to be PlanetSide battle Royale

How surprising.

Come now, it's not like they already have a shitty BR game that's poorly managed and laughed at by pretty much everyone.

Capture.JPG

(Pinkett) Oh... Ohhhhh....

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Come now, it's not like they already have a shitty BR game that's poorly managed and laughed at by pretty much everyone.

View attachment 185762

(Pinkett) Oh... Ohhhhh....

H1z1 invented battle Royale it's hilarious how badly they dropped the ball and basically tossed a billion dollar idea into the dumpster.

Instead if layoffs daybreak could of been the hottest game company in the world.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
H1z1 invented battle Royale it's hilarious how badly they dropped the ball and basically tossed a billion dollar idea into the dumpster.

Instead if layoffs daybreak could of been the hottest game company in the world.

Truth. The guy that developed PUBG worked for SOE on H1Z1.. BR started at H1Z1 and just didn't make any traction until after PUBG went nuts.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It wasn't the first BR. The current iteration of the BR genre was started as an ARMA mod by the guy they later hired to do the H1Z1 one, and then he went on to make PUBG

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It wasn't the first BR. The current iteration of the BR genre was started as an ARMA mod by the guy they later hired to do the H1Z1 one, and then he went on to make PUBG

I love you fucking nerds.