DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
DC is such a clusterfuck. Lol. Even funnier was the rumor Michael B Jordan was the possible replacement as Superman.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've said multiple times that I thought Cavill was great as Superman, and blamed the fact that the movies were shit on the directors and scripts. I'm torn on this. On the one hand, I don't really want him to be done, because he's become Superman to me, but on the other hand, if they fail to fix all of the problems, I'd hate for him to be remembered as the "shitty DCEU Superman" even if they qualify it as not really his fault. And I honestly see the DC Universe continuing to fail hard, with all the stories I'm hearing. I liked Wonder Woman a lot, but now that is being looked at as the template for everything, just like Nolan's Batman was looked at previously. Sometimes you gotta actually mix it up to make people give a shit. The same tone doesn't work equally across all characters and movies. GotG wouldn't have worked if it were written and directed like Captain America The First Avenger. Or Winter Soldier or Civil War, for that matter. The characters need their own tone and style. DC fails to grasp that concept. So I guess I'm ok with him being done, because his next movie, in however many years, would probably be even worse than Man of Steel (which I liked, but it could have been better).

And I posted a picture in the Witcher TV thread that shows that, I at least feel, Cavill doesn't look that far off from Geralt. Make him snarl more, instead of the "look like you need to poop, but can't" direction he's been given in the DC movies, and I think he'd be just fine.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
With Cavill out and rumoured Ben Affleck too, they can't fix the DCU. It would be easier if Wonder Woman had also failed, but they need to carry on with her since people want it, it would burn more bridges to get rid of her. They also had a great casting and visual way to make Aquaman not lame, but I don't think that's been well exected yet.

It's just going to be a mess going forward and probably end in a whimper in a few movies when the quality drops off even further.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
The only saving grace could be a potential flashpoint movie resetting the DCEU. Which means, yep, DCEU is fucked.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Actually thinking about it and to elaborate on my last post, casting a polynesian as Aquaman and race changing him was fucking genius. That's how you do race changes, take a shitty unloved character and try to improve it - not beloved characters.

If only everything else was that well thought out. Maybe it was just a coincidence from casting Game of Thrones actors.

The only saving grace could be a potential flashpoint movie resetting the DCEU. Which means, yep, DCEU is fucked.
As someone who isn't a comics reader, those universe reset events sound batshit insane and make no sense to me. I only know about them because of the comics thread on this forum. I don't know how well a regular movie audience would take to it.

If anyone has missed comicsgate, the guy in this video is talking about this and he's an artist who worked on Flash and Green Lantern:
Hilarious when he's shitting all over it then he's like "oh I got paid for this movie, I created one of the locations and Flash's dad".

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
DC is such a clusterfuck. Lol. Even funnier was the rumor Michael B Jordan was the possible replacement as Superman.

He’ll be the go-to replacement for white people, if you want to keep a series going. Human Torch, Rocky, Superman.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Crazy that a fucking adaptation of a video game that is largely unknown to non-gamers is the greener pastures to the guy that was playing SUPERMAN.

I agree with the video above about this. DC fucked up a lot and wanted a reset. Seriously, outside of a couple cameos, do you really think they had more than one part left for Cavil? I doubt it. He moved on to ensure he kept work while they continue to flounder around in their 'edgy' version of DC. He didn't have another serious role lined up so why fuck over other opportunities?

DC needs to slow this shit down anyway. WW was a perfectly good reset in the same vein as Iron Man. Make some solid, smaller films to get back on track and see where it goes. Don't continue to cram as much shit as possible in the attempt to outdo Marvel. It isn't happening. It blows my mind that Dark Knight and Iron Man both came out in 2008. The difference in fortunes and good movies adapted is almost yin/yang in opposition.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't watch the video, but if all he had lined up were cameos then he had plenty of time for other work, no?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Perfect chance to bring back Brandon Routh, another case of a guy perfect for the role of superman saddled with a shit movie.

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Bring back Dean Cain. lol

DC stupid, this sucks. I liked the combo of Cavil and Amy Adams as Clark and Lois. They'll probably replace her too now? They've done a shitty jobs with scripts and really trying to cram too much into a couple movies, releasing Wonder Woman after Batman v Superman was dumb, and the box office has suffered as a result. So they're going to go cheap and just rely on the characters, not the actors, to put butts in seats. Spend less, hopefully make more profit.

If only they'd gone the other direction to begin with. Marvel has succeeded because of the coherence of their story arc and their ability to keep all the great actors engaged. DC started off on the wrong foot by CHOOSING to go with Afflek over Bale. Zach Snyder with some bullshit about how he didn't fit into his story. Bale was a great fucking Batman from a superb trilogy, you have to be retarded to not want to link the new movies to that. The old broken batman would have fit in perfectly with the way he got destroyed by Bane in the last one.

So now they've chosen to replace a great Batman and a great Superman. Absolutely no coherence. Retards.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
ZrDJVs8.jpg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What movies did you watch?

Three movies that did a better job telling a story than anything DC has made since. At this point those three movies are fucking Master Pieces in comparison. I would actually go to the theater for a 4th movie with Bale at this stage of the game.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Didn't watch the video, but if all he had lined up were cameos then he had plenty of time for other work, no?

Yeah, as long as the cameos don't interfere with real work. I'd choose full time work over cameos any day of the week. They saddled him with shitty writing and Ben Affleck. Where's the door, WB?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, as long as the cameos don't interfere with real work. I'd choose full time work over cameos any day of the week. They saddled him with shitty writing and Ben Affleck. Where's the door, WB?

A cameo takes, what, one day on set?

I think his outright quitting was most of all him trying to send a message to the studio that he's not happy with what they've done and their future direction. A few extra days per year out of his schedule is just a bonus.

• 1Like