DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Isn't Affleck also back? Feel like people forget he's going to be in Aquaman

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The last Batman movie wasn't bad. Pattinson played the part well. And there weren't even any vampires involved.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
didn't they make him gay like a decade ago? they even made his son, obsidian, gay at some point.

Looks like it. They made him gay, the a new version came out and they made a big deal (relatively) about the new one being gay, too.

Never really followed him and just remembered the recent coming out party

Goatface

1668016198709.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have always been fascinated with the origin story of Superman.

Here you have a baby that is raised by a good wholesome family. The child after a few years then becomes aware that he is something different. He is not like his mother and father. How he figures that out is the first step of his evolution. Is he told before he does great damage or is that the learning point for the advice that would come after? Anybody who has raised children could just imagine the horror that could come with this situation. How many times do parts of the house have to be rebuilt? He honestly would be a special needs child unlike anything ever seen before. Hormones would be a real thing if his species/race actually has that kind of biology. How do you deal with a person capable of killing anybody with a simple push? How do you honestly keep him from just choosing to do whatever he wants to do? Would human life actually have any value to him beyond emotion? After all, he is not human despite looking human. He was raised by humans, which is the only real attachment he has with them. It always felt that in the end it would be an entire town that raised him as opposed to just his parents. His abilities would be impossible to hide and the government would quickly step in recognizing the danger that the world could face. Making an origin story that involved key people in an entire town, while having its own problems, would make more sense.

Goatface

I have always been fascinated with the origin story of Superman.
fairly certain after the 80's, they mostly did away with him having powers as a kid. think now powers start showing up around age 8 to 12 and don't fully develop till late teens/20s. at 8-12 even if he got just a little strength, would be snapping game controllers like twigs and other destructive kid things.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah Raynor's constructs were cool. He wasn't as bland of a GL like Stewart
Little late, but I don't don't why raynor doesn't get more love. I've always thought he was a perfect green lantern because of how creative his constructs were

Edit: also for what it's worth, Stewart is bland but he definitely represents the authoritative side of the lantern corps, as well as being a badass in the justice league cartoon, which I watched in my formative years so despite being bland with his constructs he's always gotten a pass from me

Last edited:

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Little late, but I don't don't why raynor doesn't get more love. I've always thought he was a perfect green lantern because of how creative his constructs were

Edit: also for what it's worth, Stewart is bland but he definitely represents the authoritative side of the lantern corps, as well as being a badass in the justice league cartoon, which I watched in my formative years so despite being bland with his constructs he's always gotten a pass from me
They way over powered him.