DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He's a fucking celeb, he isn't gonna do time at all much less some hypothetical maximum sentence.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

1666299164661.png

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hell ya. So glad we arent getting CWVerse people running the movies and those shows finally going away. Excited to see what Gunn does.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Gunn lost a step with The suicide squad and GoTG2 but totally redeemed himself with Peacemaker. Safran is the producer of the better DC movies like Aquaman(Manta was terrible), Shazam and Peacemaker

• 1WTF
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
the deal is also 4 years exclusive so no more other studios for Gunn for a few years

some DC movies excluded tho

co-CEO is weird, sure you can say Gunn will be the creative side and Safran the biz side but at some point there is gonna be a question of "this movie may not make money, should we still do it" and someone has to win.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Gunn lost a step with The suicide squad and GoTG2 but totally redeemed himself with Peacemaker. Safran is the producer of the better DC movies like Aquaman(Manta was terrible), Shazam and Peacemaker
I'll never understand why people don't like GoTG2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

I'll never understand why people don't like GoTG2.
It wasn't bad, it just wasn't on the same level as the greatness of phase 3. Phase three started off with Civil war, Dr strange, spiderman, Ragnarok, GoTG2, it was pretty ridiculous

Homsar

It's going to be interesting what directors ect they pick, there is already rumors of getting the Director of Dr Strange/The Black Phone. Seems like they really like directors of lower budget horror movies.

I find it weird how Gunn, Taiki, or the director of Dr. Strange were low budget directors and were able to knock big budget films/ massive Cgi out of the park. Then again look at Sam raimi and the original spiderman

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's going to be interesting what directors ect they pick, there is already rumors of getting the Director of Dr Strange/The Black Phone. Seems like they really like directors of lower budget horror movies.

I find it weird how Gunn, Taiki, or the director of Dr. Strange were low budget directors and were able to knock big budget films/ massive Cgi out of the park. Then again look at Sam raimi and the original spiderman
if DC actually keeps to one fucking narrative this time, they have a good chance of capturing the MCU's audience.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
MCU has absolutely shit the bed for phase 4. People aren't tired of comic book movies for some godawful reason, but they are tired as fuck of directionless one offs that lead nowhere. DC has a chance here if they don't fuck it all away like they always fucking do.

Homsar

MCU has absolutely shit the bed for phase 4. People aren't tired of comic book movies for some godawful reason, but they are tired as fuck of directionless one offs that lead nowhere. DC has a chance here if they don't fuck it all away like they always fucking do.
DC never built a world. The end of Peacemaker was probably when Gunn and DC signed a contract

joz123

Potato del Grande
Wouldn't be surprised if they do more stuff based around Peacemaker since it's so popular. I would watch a Vigilante and Judo Master show.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
DC always shits the bed because if just one movie doesnt overperform, they scrap everything and hamfist some new angle. thats the DC way. if they can just this time follow the fucking plan, if there is a fucking plan, they will win out in the end. and the fucking plan doesnt include woke bullshit, but good story and quality acting. like i said in the Black Adam thread, i was very happy because almost everyone did a great job acting and there was a coherent story albeit cheesy as fuck. i have very little hope they can do this. i was always a DC fanboi, but i know how this company treats its properties.

Homsar

The one thing with Gunn is he able to take lost or forgotten characters and make them the most memorable. Hopefully he can bring in The Question or Villains like shade. Hell, Gunn has so many ideas to go with I'm going to keep my fingers crossed

Last edited:
  • 1Like