DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I get how Cavill's age probable doesn't work for Gunn's vision of the next decade+ of movies/series. Just such a shitty move to bring Cavill back before Gunn was brought in and have him announce it.

Cavill's only 39 and in phenomenal shape, he could easily pull off Superman for another 15 years. Gunn's vision of a late teens or early 20s whatever the fuck is something nobody really cares about and not worth axing the one thing people actually liked about the DCEU.

As shitty as DC's plan was, their casting was always top notch. Cavill, Gadot, Mamoa are all fan favorites and Miller was a good enough Flash until he turned out to be a complete lunatic. I guess Cyborg was pretty forgettable, but nobody cares about him anyways

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The only downside is that after such a movie drops, men aren't gonna be able to get dates for a while because women are all gonna be "gay" that year.

Dude, Harley Quinn isn't going to watch you play shadowlands. Fuck me, you could buy a Harley Davidson and it would drive itself back to the dealership.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I won't be surprised Gadot ends up not being WW going forward, especially now that Cavill was let go.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
seems crazy. Theres lots of Alt superman. so, it could be one of those deals. Like how I joked about how Man of murder, gun batman, and rapist wonder woman could be written into this actually being Earth 3.

Or, he'll be Cyborg superman.
Bizarro Superman.

Goatface

i tried to find it, but think it was some youtuber saying dc/? wanted the next wonder woman to be young, like a 18-22 year old amazon

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Now I'm wondering if the whole Cavill thing was just a setup to basically signal to everyone else in current roles, you are out.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The Rock must not have screamed loud enough about how much Black Adam was making.

I knew it was going to be a problem because WB executives already considered Cavill a failed Superman that could never crack 1b.

The Black Adam box office was exactly in line with what WB considers not worth continuing with. Anything below Man of Steel or BvS was not going to work.

Reorganized DCU indeed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the only reason why i think they ditched Cavill was that they intend to do yet another goddamned origin story for Supes. and 39 is way too big a gap for them to transition from teen Clark to man Clark. so possibly Gal, Robbie and Mamoa are safe. John Cena is 45 and he was Gunn's pick for Peacemaker. Supes is going to be the franchise flagship, so a new guy was probably required going forward.

spronk

FPS noob
its gonna be super bizarre for DC if they are releasing new reboots of Superman, Batman, etc the same time MCU is putting out Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars, which is presumably gonna be insane mashups of teams outsizing even Avengers.

I think Gunn will zig a little, he loves plucking obscure characters and making audiences love them - Rocket Racoon, Groot, Peacemaker - and doing crazy team ups so I think that'll be part of his strat, but the timing is gonna be interesting. I could see a Peacemaker movie anchoring some of this stuff too, with him bringing in a lot of side characters ala Suicide Squad.

I'd love for him to just blow it all up starting with something like Injustice to "reboot" the DC leading eventually to Crisis on Infinite Earth maybe mixed with Dark Justice League but sadly I don't really see that happening, especially with the requirement that successful stuff like Reeves Batman, Joaquin Joker, Aquaman, etc keep moving on their own little track. I still haven't really heard any plans to unify that stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Pathetic

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like the part where the Rock is "sweating bullets" about if he's cancelled or not.

He'd be well into his 50's at that point. You have to start considering optics whether he's in great shape or not. Rebooting DC doesn't say Black Adam to me.

But who knows, maybe he'll get the Reeves Batman treatment and be allowed to continue his own story.

• 1Seriously?