DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If memory serves didnt they have to bring in Zack Snyder to hold Jenkin's hand on the first Wonder Woman?
He's one of the people credited with writing the script but he would have been a bit busy with BvS and Justice League to spend time directly working on WW.

The reason WW84 went so dramatically bad is because the retards at WB failed to properly identify what made WW 2017 popular and gave Jenkins free rein over the project. Geoff Johns might have done it on purpose in hopes of saving his career with DC films because one of the things Jenkins did was ditch Allen Heinberg in favor of Johns after Johns got shitcanned.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
They fucked up from the first one. They tried to make Wonder Woman worse than Batman. I mean, the scene in the museum where the kids are being held hostage, for example. They went out of their way to show how magically fast she is... but instead of taking the guy out while he tried to reload, she literally blows him into tiny pieces, while also blowing out the wall onto the cops below, right in front of the kids. THEN came '84 where she and Steve have a little sexy time with some poor fuck's body that he took over. Remember Superman Returns where they turned him into a creepy peeping tom? And then they made Cavill's Superman a whiny, emo bitch? And now Marvel if following suit and destroying every so-called "hero" that isn't gay, trans, female. The point being... it's not even a DC Universe problem; it's a Hollyweird problem and our poor fucking kids don't know any better.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They fucked up from the first one. They tried to make Wonder Woman worse than Batman. I mean, the scene in the museum where the kids are being held hostage, for example. They went out of their way to show how magically fast she is... but instead of taking the guy out while he tried to reload, she literally blows him into tiny pieces, while also blowing out the wall onto the cops below, right in front of the kids. THEN came '84 where she and Steve have a little sexy time with some poor fuck's body that he took over. Remember Superman Returns where they turned him into a creepy peeping tom? And then they made Cavill's Superman a whiny, emo bitch? And now Marvel if following suit and destroying every so-called "hero" that isn't gay, trans, female. The point being... it's not even a DC Universe problem; it's a Hollyweird problem and our poor fucking kids don't know any better.
its definitely that. they cant make superheroes wholesome good characters for young people (boys) to aspire to anymore. they have to make them weak little faggots. the 1950s TV Supes was a white all american chad who had no fucks to give and would wreck your shit with a smile.
iu

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I don't see many DC films in theaters anyways, but more incentive to not give them any $$$ at all.

James Gunn Writing New ‘Superman’ Film; Henry Cavill Will Not Return, but Eyed to Play Different DC Character​

I threw it out it earlier and I'll double down on it again. Cavill would make an absolutely amazing Batman. We already know he can Edgelord.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I would have liked to have seen a Cavill version of the 'cardboard' speech from Superman the Animated Series. I don't think I care enough about an 'early 20s' Superman. After all those years of Smallville, the Animated Series, even Supergirl I feel there's not much room for anything that doesn't immediately feel like a retread.

Thank god its not an origin story, but the only thing I can think worthy of a film at this point is a Brainiac yarn as that's not been covered as deeply in movies,

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have faith in Gunn and I will reserve judgement until we get an actual product. I understand him wanting to start completely fresh and not try to rope his vision in with Snyder's, but right now its looking pretty bad with the handling of Supes.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I have faith in Gunn and I will reserve judgement until we get an actual product. I understand him wanting to start completely fresh and not try to rope his vision in with Snyder's, but right now its looking pretty bad with the handling of Supes.
The Rock must not have screamed loud enough about how much Black Adam was making.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Hopefully he didn't leave The Witcher for this, heh.

Personally, I was never onboard with the idea of Gunn as savior.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

seems crazy. Theres lots of Alt superman. so, it could be one of those deals. Like how I joked about how Man of murder, gun batman, and rapist wonder woman could be written into this actually being Earth 3.

Or, he'll be Cyborg superman.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I get how Cavill's age probable doesn't work for Gunn's vision of the next decade+ of movies/series. Just such a shitty move to bring Cavill back before Gunn was brought in and have him announce it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i wasnt married to Cavill, dont care one way or the other. he will always be emo btch Supes. so a new guy isnt the end of the world.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users