DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
carl.jpg

• 1Cringe
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The fiscal cutoff for the tax writeoffs had already happened, IIRC.

And to be clear, we don't know what's going on the in the background from a legal standpoint - there could be actor / director language that mandates studio releases (the Black Widow issue), or sponsorship deals they don't want to mess with. I can't imagine any car company paid for an appearance in a Direct-to-Streaming Batgirl movie. I would bet my life there's a half dozen Aquaman deals. While the money is trivial, the legal headaches would not be.

And Chuk, I realize they canned your waifu, but corporate could be just as happy to get new cheaper actors (and its not like they had any projects actually started with them).
i dont know what a waiful is but i did say stars, i'm not just talking about Gal Gadot. they cleaned their entire slate.

Juvarisx

Florida
firing everyone who made money for DC was his idea?

The worst part is they hardly made money. When Aquaman is your highest grossing film at a hair over 1 bill you fucked up somewhere when that including BvS and Justice League. They were able to convince Zaslav that starting from scratch will give him the 3 billion Crisis on Infinite Earth in 10 years film or the 2 bill Bat's v Superman in 5.

Don't even get me started on how 95% of them were bad, Shazam may have been the best one which is fucking dumb. This had to happen, they will break even or make some cash on Aquaman 2, Flash and Shazam 2 to say adios to the universe and start over.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
You honestly don't think that this was planned / discussed with Zaslav before hand?
He is privy to all the plans that Gunn has and has signed off on them...including firing your waifu (not sure that that is either, but hey it's cool stuff all the kids say right?).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you think he just blindly put Gunn and Safran in charge without discussing anything with them? Do you think Gunn would make moves like this without talking to Zaslav? Do you think they didn't spend weeks/months discussing the future of the DCEU before they took action?

But it's a semi-moot point because Gunn has come out and said the rumor that they are recasting 'everyone except the suicide squad' is false.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You honestly don't think that this was planned / discussed with Zaslav before hand?
He is privy to all the plans that Gunn has and has signed off on them...including firing your waifu (not sure that that is either, but hey it's cool stuff all the kids say right?).
not sure of the deal, but even the MCU doesnt drop any big stars unless they are killed off in a film. this is utter bullshit to just scrub the whole thing. everyone has their favorites and so instead of starting fresh. they will start with angry fans. fucking idiots. and yeah still dont know what that wafer shit is. fucking japs.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

i didn't know Gunns wife was Agent Harcourt (the hot blonde) on Peacemaker

hilarious that only stuff he worked on is in and everything else is out.
Damn, now I'm not sure how to feel about Harcourt. She presses like every single button for me and I find her outrageously hot, far more than she should probably rate. I don't hate Gunn or anything, but to know he's probably banging her while thinking about making kiddy diddling jokes is too weird for me.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
not sure of the deal, but even the MCU doesnt drop any big stars unless they are killed off in a film. this is utter bullshit to just scrub the whole thing. everyone has their favorites and so instead of starting fresh. they will start with angry fans. fucking idiots. and yeah still dont know what that wafer shit is. fucking japs.
You mean like how they axed Ed Norton or Terrance Howard?

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Damn, now I'm not sure how to feel about Harcourt. She presses like every single button for me and I find her outrageously hot, far more than she should probably rate. I don't hate Gunn or anything, but to know he's probably banging her while thinking about making kiddy diddling jokes is too weird for me.
Like no one here ever made edgy pedo jokes. Gunn got me too'd over tweets. There was never any actual allegations and shit. He's not Bryan Singer. Good job falling for that SJW propaganda.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You mean like how they axed Ed Norton or Terrance Howard?
ok got me, that Terrence Howard film rocked. he had so many fans of his first leading MCU role. Ditto Ed Norton. the backlash Marvel received over his starring role as Hulk was tremendous. totally the same thing.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Like no one here ever made edgy pedo jokes. Gunn got me too'd over tweets. There was never any actual allegations and shit. He's not Bryan Singer. Good job falling for that SJW propaganda.
You obviously read what I wrote, since your first line addresses it. But then you go beyond that and assume something I didn't say. I never "fell for that SJW propoganda" because if I had, I would have said he was dreaming of diddling kids, not dreaming of making jokes about diddling kids. How did you read it, comprehend it, comment on it, and then totally fucking fail in the next part? Jesus.

And in case you missed it, which might be easy to do since it's the internet, there was a bit of tongue-in-cheek there too, hence the whole making jokes part.

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You obviously read what I wrote, since your first line addresses it. But then you go beyond that and assume something I didn't say. I never "fell for that SJW propoganda" because if I had, I would have said he was dreaming of diddling kids, not dreaming of making jokes about diddling kids. How did you read it, comprehend it, comment on it, and then totally fucking fail in the next part? Jesus.

And in case you missed it, which might be easy to do since it's the internet, there was a bit of tongue-in-cheek there too, hence the whole making jokes part.
Heh, I was in my car at a drive thru when I responded. You just weren't the first one to make a pedo reference about Gunn.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
he was the best Iron Man.
At least he had 3 acts of a movie that weren't total shit. Gal Gadot had the first 2 acts of WW. Everything after had been shit. Unless you are one of the few that loved WW84.

Actors don't matter if the shit they are doing is trash.

Also, at the time Terence Howard was the biggest star in Iron Man.

• 1Like