DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Power Girl is best version of Supergirl.

Also, I can't stand Ezra but I really liked the Snyder cut of JL so I may give this a try. If this bombs I wonder if WB goes completely tits up before Gunn even gets his plan off the ground. That would be the ultimate irony after how Cavil got done dirty.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

PG kindof is. Despite having a fairly confused backstory, her characterization is pretty solid. Also a single, incredibly timeless and iconic uniform.

Supergirl has a confused backstory, AND confused personality, and constantly changes her uniform.

Current Supergirl is solid. its more of a supermom personality. She's depicted as an adult, more mature. Def more of a mom, like Wonderwomen, then PG's oldersister/aunt vibe.

But OG supergirl was 100% girl next door, niece. which made no sense given her alien Kandor background. she aged from 14 yr old neice, to 18 year old teenager by the 80's.
(new 52 supergirl rebooted her to play off this more. She arrives at 18 or so, and has no idea what to make of humanity. she's alien. way more like starfire)
OG supergirl actually died in Crisis on Infinate earths famously.
then we get Matrx supergirl after Crisis reboot. kara never existed. instead, lex created an artificial supergirl matrix, who loved him.. its weird..
Then we get Linda danvers Supergirl. regular teengage girl gets the powers of matrix Supergirl, bestoyed by an Angel kara. (shes the blue miniskirt, with white midriff top one)
the Supergirl matrix gets taken away from her and itself becomes a new supergirl. (linda still has her powers for a while but eventually retires)
2004 reintroduced her again as kara zor-el. teenage refugee from Kandor to earth. iirc, this is the one that got super edgy. Angry/slutty supergirl.

after new 52 failed, she was rebooted again, to be in TV Show canon. Literally. moved in with that family, has a "sister", etc. that also has largely moved on to now be "woman of tommorrow". focusing on future stories.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If this bombs I wonder if WB goes completely tits up before Gunn even gets his plan off the ground. That would be the ultimate irony after how Cavil got done dirty.
They already rebooted the creative team a few times. It will only take another change of owner or another bomb to do so again.

spronk

FPS noob
after Dr. Strange was pretty meh I just don't get the hype for the Flash movie. Nothing in it will matter at all other than "ok we established we have a multiverse so we can do whatever the fuck we want". Justice League already really did that and nobody cared, Joker clearly is not in the same universe either. Whatever Gunn is writing for won't really be in the Flash, sure Keaton Batman will show up randomly in Brave and Bold or whatever else as another universes Batman for 5 minutes to help a guy out but he won't be the star of any Batman movie. They are still working on casting for everything including Superman, Batman & Bold cast, Supergirl, Wildstorm, etc so obviously no big new character will be here.

So... who gives a fuck what happens in the Flash? A few Flashes will have to deal with each other, one will be evil of course from the future or whatever, they will try to save someone they care about but that will cause massive problems for the multiverse, some cameos from rando DC folks like Batfleck, Keaton, Aquaman, Shazam, Supergirl, CW TV show people, and thats a wrap.

Nothing that sets up anything for the future, because Gunn is still writing all that.

Just like Strange 2 butchered Wanda and wasted a multiverse cameo, I'm pretty sure The Flash movie will also butcher the characters and waste a bunch of cameos. Zero hype, I'll watch it at home eventually as a bookend for the Snyderverse but thats all it is.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You are probably absolutely right. But I reject the idea that every movie or story has to lead to another installment to be of any entertainment value.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You are probably absolutely right. But I reject the idea that every movie or story has to lead to another installment to be of any entertainment value.

Holy shit, I agree with Phazael on something.

This idea that everything only exists to hype the next thing is just retarded consumerism at its worst

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
B759FBB7-A2D5-4E4D-B3C7-3F269374C8FD.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Popcorn
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

i dont put much faith in test screenings (people walked out of test screenings for Goodfellas, Heat, etc) but it wouldn't really surprise anyone I think to hear AQ2 is a shitty movie, the first one really wasn't that good but made up for it with high energy and visuals

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

i dont put much faith in test screenings (people walked out of test screenings for Goodfellas, Heat, etc) but it wouldn't really surprise anyone I think to hear AQ2 is a shitty movie, the first one really wasn't that good but made up for it with high energy and visuals

shocked philip j fry GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

don't know if i would trust anything about aquaman 2 from reddit, they are super salty amber heard wasn't replaced with emilia clarke. last year, reports from test screenings said the flash was getting great to excellent marks so guess will see how it turns out soon.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure you could make that swap and I’d never even notice. Consider Brie Larson too just for fun. At least a 33% chance of guessing correctly which terrible actress didn’t help the film.

• 1Like

Goatface

1677338161835.png

boxoffice pro
1677338229738.png

bythenumbers say 1st one's budget was $85m, but others report it was $100m
1677338291534.png

budget estimates for fury of the gods have it around $125m

edit
boxoffice pro lowered their prediction

1677381567147.png