DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
well, there's no real plans or works to do a MoS 2 or a Justice League 2 atm, even before this, no?

I wouldn't want to be stuck in a string of cameos for 5 years while WB decides what to do and be kicked as Superman in 2025 anyways, because I'm now over 40.

It'd be either "give me a Superman movie too" or "let me use some good vibes of MI, etc... to leave the DC shitshow and take a shot at being in Hollywood as something other than "another one of those actors only ever known to be in one super-franchise and every-after doing a small indie movie every 10 years".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
It blows my mind that Dark Knight and Iron Man both came out in 2008. The difference in fortunes and good movies adapted is almost yin/yang in opposition.
Imagine travelling back in time and saying that in 10 years, Thor 3 was critically acclaimed enough to have people begging for Thor 4, which would be the character's 8th appearance in a movie.

Oh and Thor 3 came out in the same month as Justice League and beat it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Imagine travelling back in time and saying that in 10 years, Thor 3 was critically acclaimed enough to have people begging for Thor 4, which would be the character's 8th appearance in a movie.

Oh and Thor 3 came out in the same month as Justice League and beat it.

Thor 3 was a very pleasant surprise especially since Thor was a fairly bland and weak intro. This was the first series I thought of when I thought of a successful soft reboot for DC. Until The Avengers movie, all of the Marvel movies were solid but nothing exceptional. They built the foundation, followed the comics fairly well, and got some great talent. Now, these movies are huge events because of great planning and execution...in a short time span. They made movies for their fans.

I liked both BvS and JL even with their massive flaws. They didn't follow the comics very well and both were written poorly. Horrible Lex in BvS, Flash a bit too goofy...did I mention the terrible writing lol. Soft reboot could work if they decide these movies should be made for the fans, instead of beefing up their pockets or letting an exec fuck up their universe. You know...like casting Michael B Jordan as the next Superman. It's really their choice.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They made movies for their fans.
I get the feeling that Marvel put comic fans in charge while DC put typical hollywood people in charge.

Kevin Feige's filmography is really weird, he went to film school but has only ever been a producer on Marvel Films. In fact he is named as producer on ALL OF THEM, including things like Blade and Spiderman and X-Men. They must have put a lot of trust and creative control in his hands.

DC clearly has lots of studio interference by contrast.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i'd disagree and say Marvel had a lot of people involved including script doctors and comic guys reviewing stuff, whereas DC sorta put all their marbles into Zack Snyder's hands and he royally fucked them over

yeah JL was shit and had too many hands but superman and B v S were bad and seemed like it was all Zack. of course who knows whose idea it was going directly from Superman into B v S, that was really the thing that sunk the entire thing but I have a feeling that was Zack's idea

Last edited:

Fedor

<Banned>
Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker – First Look at Standalone Movie!

joaquin-phoenix-the-joker-movie-02.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-the-joker-movie-03.jpg

• 2Barf
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
It must be really bad in DC land to hire a man that MIGHT be a pedophile...

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
James Gunn Lobo please holy fuck I need that. I bet he could do a decent Arkham or Red Hood movie as well.

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I bet they give him a lot of freedom, but I wonder how the lack of that huge Marvel support team will effect him.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The industry is going to have to start adding "No chidren were raped during the production of this film" to the credits at this rate.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
Pretty great for Gunn - if he succeeds and SS2 is awesome then he will be the man who saved the DCverse, if it sucks nobody will care and its not like his career can get hurt any more

the social media wars when the movie comes out are gonna be great between people who don't care and people who REEEEEE about anyone paying to see a movie by him

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im sure this isnt the first time a pedo got the reins on a major franchise. at least WB isnt a family company.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Pretty great for Gunn - if he succeeds and SS2 is awesome then he will be the man who saved the DCverse, if it sucks nobody will care and its not like his career can get hurt any more

the social media wars when the movie comes out are gonna be great between people who don't care and people who REEEEEE about anyone paying to see a movie by him
Free advertising, but also would suck ass to encounter dickhead protesters when I just want to go see a movie.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Anything with James Gunn attached will not see my money. I will pirate or Netflix it but I don’t give a shit if everyone here swears it’s the best fucking movie ever made.

No.

However, do you. I am not telling anyone what to do, and I’m not going to start.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users