DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looks like Cavill's days as Superman is up.

Celebrated author and journalist Ta-Nehisi Coates has been hired to pen a reboot of the “Superman” franchise for Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Films.

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1614361114897.png

• 2Like
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Celebrated author and journalist Ta-Nehisi Coates has been hired to pen a reboot of the “Superman” franchise for Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Films.

Holy hell, why?!????

Literally zero screenplay experience. Yeah, go write the most beloved character on the planet earth. Superman is trans black, and has to fight off even white patriarchy.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
it gets even better, JJ Abrams is attached to the new Superman reboot too

MMO_Wolf_McQuaid.jpg

• 1Like

Goatface

Youre posting this out of context. That was from a different earth. And was actually an awesome story arc and way before the Woke movement.
i couldn't find the pix of obama superman, i know Calvin was just homage to him by Morrison.

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
It doesn't matter if it's the alt superman or race swapped, it's a fucking disgrace that Coates is writing it. This is a racist who said something along the lines of the 9/11 responders who died saving people weren't heroes but menaces who were less than nothing to him because slavery. He wrote a book ostensibly to his son and basically said he has told his son every white person they pass on the streets wants to kill him. Coates is a disgusting, racist piece of shit who hates America, the America that made him rich. To have him write the quintessential American hero when he hates everything the country stands for is a giant fuck you to the very ideals Superman has always embodied. He's also a raging anti-semite so him writing something that was a Moses analogy created by two Jewish men is just evil.

Then you have Bad Reboot JJ Abrams who has destroyed Star Trek and Star Wars, and will destroy the DC cinema universe, more than it already has been. He's already started by making the iconic Son of Liverpool, Constantine, black or of middle eastern descent. I am beyond pissed. Fucking create your own characters instead of being locusts who move from every American mythology IP, destroying each and leaving a dried, desecated husk in its place .

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy hell, why?!????

Literally zero screenplay experience. Yeah, go write the most beloved character on the planet earth. Superman is trans black, and has to fight off even white patriarchy.

Cavill has teased this week at being involved in a Mass Effect movie. More excited at seeing a Cavill Shepard than I am at another fucking awful bleak Superman movie.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

Coates is one of Marvel's diversity hires, taken from academia with no prior comics experience or interest to write black characters. The results? Plummeting sales.

100% Superman is going to be black with this guy involved.

Xerge

<Donor>
so if i don't watch the new black supes i'll be labeled a racist??

• 1Like