DC Universe (Batman vs Superman thread).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll admit that the profound terribleness of Rings of Power may have blinded me a bit.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

honestly its super bizarre they aren't just shelving The Flash and taking the write down like batgirl and shit, if its not even leading to anything why bother putting out whats gonna be an abortion

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Not even watching the trailer, but the thumbnail reminded me

Fuck my life, I really hate how every superhero costume in 2022 is some kind of bizarre robot shit. He's the Flash, not Cyborg. It looks so fucking stupid. "I run really fast and this inflexible metallic robot suit somehow makes that really easy for me!"

I get that translating superhero costumes to the big screen sometimes requires some adaptation, but this copy paste robot suit onto everyone shit is old and looks especially dumb on the Flash.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Not shocking. The only reason Levi, Miller and Mamoa havent been fired yet is because they all have movies coming out in 2023. DC cant make any money off them if they fire the actors before they release.
I mean they pretty much said Aquaman is done and they want Mamoa for Lobo.

spronk

FPS noob

i didn't know Gunns wife was Agent Harcourt (the hot blonde) on Peacemaker

hilarious that only stuff he worked on is in and everything else is out.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

i didn't know Gunns wife was Agent Harcourt (the hot blonde) on Peacemaker

The new Wonder Woman.

1671473868995.png

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Eh makes sense. Especially since Peacemaker 2 is coming and they kinda rebooted Suicide Squad already. At least we don't have to worry about Will Smith coming back for sure now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i wonder how much longer Zaslav will tolerate this shit. all their bankable stars are gone and the only people left are Gunn's cronies.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
honestly its super bizarre they aren't just shelving The Flash and taking the write down like batgirl and shit, if its not even leading to anything why bother putting out whats gonna be an abortion
The fiscal cutoff for the tax writeoffs already happened, IIRC.

And to be clear, we don't know what's going on in the background from a legal standpoint - there could be actor / director language that mandates theatrical releases (the Black Widow issue), or sponsorship deals they don't want to mess with. (I can't imagine any car company paid for an appearance in a Direct-to-Streaming Batgirl movie. I would bet my life there's a half dozen Aquaman 2 deals.) While the money is trivial, the legal headaches would not be.

And Chuk, I realize they canned your waifu, but corporate could be just as happy to get new cheaper actors (and its not like they had any projects actually started with them).