Dead Space 3

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I don't think that's true, at the rate I'm getting resources on Hard it's making suit upgrades pretty sparse and I've barely been able to upgrade it at all. If you bought the resources packs you'd be able to fully upgrade the suit pretty easily which would make a world of difference in making the game easier.

Resources don't matter much for weapons normally (more so relies on getting weapon part drops), but you can also buy super powerful, custom weapons with resources right off and that would be a pretty huge deal too.
What about if you are playing on a lesser difficulty?

Sean_sl

shitlord
I have some really mixed feelings on the game so far.

The weapon system is neat, but it's also super gimmicky. Combining weapons and effects works fairly well, but upgrading the raw stats on weapons barely does anything. The upgrade system in the previous games was more weighty and had a far bigger impact on individual weapons. The new system just does not feel as good. It also only works because of the Universal Ammo shit really. Also, they nerfed the fuck out of the Plasma Cutter. It's pretty much useless now and does absolutely pathetic damage.

The suit upgrade system is pretty much the same as before, except you use resources for every upgrade instead of the nodes and it separates it from weapons somewhat since you don't really use resources for weapons. Different suits are all purely cosmetic and don't have any effect other than on how you look. So far I've barely been able to upgrade my suit though (playing on Hard, which does affect resource acquisition rate), which kinda sucks.

The graphics have gotten a fairly huge upgrade, the engine looks a hell of a lot nicer. This is the only real plus over the previous games so far for me.

The dialogue is atrocious drama-nonsense and the atmosphere is non-existent. Dead Space did not need some fucking absurd love triangle bullshit. The setting definitely feels like it's lost a lot of its magic.

It feels like they really neutered the combat on top of killing the atmosphere as well. There's far less of an emphasis on dismemberment and guns seem like the most effective weapons now. Also, any fire-fight sequence with human enemies is absolutely fucking horrible.

The game works and functions as a a game, but it really feels like it has lost its soul. Going from Dead Space 2 to Dead Space 3 feels pretty much just like going from Resident Evil 4 to Resident Evil 5 felt.

Sean_sl

shitlord
What about if you are playing on a lesser difficulty?
I don't think it'd make much of a difference. The suit upgrades rely a lot on some materials you only get in specific spots and aren't random drops like common materials are, which I think is all that difficulty affects.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GT had a good line about a lot of game feeling exploitative of the player. Makes sense with the $40 in DLC. Doesn't excuse stupid drama bullshit in my Deadspace though. Will wait for a sale in a few years when it is $5 to pick it up.

I had such high hopes for this. Dead Space was one of my favorite games when it was released, and I was very happy with Dead Space 2. From everything I'm reading about this one, I guess I'll be holding off for a while.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yes and No.

Basically, there's some side missions in different chapters. If you go off and do those, they lead you into places that are a bit old school.

They're a good deviation, because the main storyline has a lot of new stuff in it, and some of the drama is kind of annoying. I'm on Chapter 14, and its actually improved quite a bit since there's not as much discussion, and just more activity.

The game itself does feel like its leaning more towards F.E.A.R. and BioShock, with more adrenaline-intensity and jump-scares than mind-fuckery.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The dialogue is atrocious drama-nonsense and the atmosphere is non-existent. Dead Space did not need some fucking absurd love triangle bullshit. The setting definitely feels like it's lost a lot of its magic.
The Isaac I played as in Deadspace 1 and 2 is incapable of emotions other than rage and despair.

There really is no excuse for drama in deadspace. Unless it's someone trying to hold in their internal organs while turning into a necromorph and screaming at their soon to be dead family.

Ruin_sl

shitlord
Not buying the game, but as somebody who's played 1-2 is there somewhere I could read the plot/story of 3?

Seventh

Golden Squire
I loved DS2 and I'm enjoying this one. (I'm on chapter 5 or thereabouts.) The plot is definitely stupid but I just ignore it and go on my merry plasma cutting, corpse-stomping way. It's not as good as DS2 but it's worth picking up IMO if you're a fan of the series.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Not buying the game, but as somebody who's played 1-2 is there somewhere I could read the plot/story of 3?
If you go to the link I posted on page 1, you can watch a playlist of someone who played start to finish. Most relevant video is probably part 27 (PM'd).

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Finished it.

Good game, but I can't say great because its not the same Dead Space. It started to head back into the horror for a little while there, but then went into the sci-fi realm hard. Most of the time it felt like you could make a decent Aliens vs Predator game out of it. There was no dementia or other mind-fuckery from the first two games for Isaac to experience. No real cultist worship or scary stuff. I don't get it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't get it.
rrr_img_12268.jpg
rrr_img_12269.jpg
rrr_img_12270.jpg

rrr_img_12268.jpg

rrr_img_12269.jpg

rrr_img_12270.jpg

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Wow, that is just fucking gay as shit. They did that crap with Resident Evil. I wonder if these game designers think that people have no RL friends that play games.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does any game come with split screen anymore? They don't want two people playing on the same disc, lost money!