Dead Space 3

Terial

Trakanon Raider
what ever happened to Sony's playstation TV that you wore glasses with that would allow 2 people to play games at the same time at different frequencies so that each person had a full screen instead of a split screen??

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They still exist but SimulView support never really caught on. I almost bought one for $180 when BestBuy was clearing their stock a couple months back.

The official reason from Visceral for no split screen was consoles can't handle rendering two versions of the engine at the same time.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
New LG cinema tv's have a dual play feature that mimics Sony's monitor I believe.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
This is a stupid game with nice graphics, cool monsters, an idiotic story and some complex but confusing weapon modification possibilities. It is basically Doom 3 with a worse story and fuckbag moneygrubbing microtransactions. Remember how everyone lambasted Doom 3 for relying almost entirely on the "monset in the closet" mechanic? Well that's all this game does too by about the fourth chapter. Monsters just jump out of nowhwere and you shoot them. It isn't scary in the slightest. In fact, it is mostly annoying and kind of gave me a headache. Sure, the other Dead Space entries sometimes did the same thing, but at least there the environment and the setting gave rise to some real tension. Here it is just -place, walk, monster-closet, shoot, bench, monster-closet or sometimes place, walk, monster-closet, shoot, surprise monster-closet AND bench. Any imagination this series once had has been sucked dry by the dreaded "franchise" moniker. Giving this game more than a 6 or a 7 for "competent monster-closet simulation with nice graphics, zero AI, and in-your-face microtrans" is fucking criminal.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Very disappointed to hear the reactions to this game. Looks like I'll pass.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Very disappointed to hear the reactions to this game. Looks like I'll pass.
It's not Dead Space 1 but it is a blast in co-op. I couldn't imagine playing it solo since it is simply not designed for that. (good or bad)

Just glad I gamefly'd it.

I am having fun but please by all means rip this game off. Just saying it's alot more fun with a bud.

Oh and for those that dont know about Chapter 8 unlimited resources bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42xSs-NAyzo

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
It's not Dead Space 1 but it is a blast in co-op. I couldn't imagine playing it solo since it is simply not designed for that. (good or bad)

Just glad I gamefly'd it.

I am having fun but please by all means rip this game off. Just saying it's alot more fun with a bud.

Oh and for those that dont know about Chapter 8 unlimited resources bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42xSs-NAyzo
In regards to the co-op. Would I be correct in assuming Carver is who the partner plays as? And when he runs off does whoever plays him play that part as well?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
In regards to the co-op. Would I be correct in assuming Carver is who the partner plays as? And when he runs off does whoever plays him play that part as well?
yeah it's carver and he is with you the whole time.

The demo is not the same as Chapter 8.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Finally finished this, took a while since I went for 100% completion as I went along. Still have pretty mixed feelings about it.

On the surface, it's a decent game. Mechanics wise, the one thing I don't really care for is the weapon system, which frankly I think is a worse system than the previous games by a bit. Upgrading weapons in the old system was just more engaging and the universal ammo system really takes away from resource management. Other than that the game isn't really better or worse than the previous titles on a technical level.

The big problem with this game is the Atmosphere or well, the complete lack thereof. It has none of that magic that made the previous games tick and it ends up just feeling like a generic action-shooter. There's absolutely no sense of trying to survive and it just has none of what made the previous two games special. On top of that is has really silly and unnecessary drama that really should have no place in this series.

To make a shitty analogy: If Dead Space 1 and Dead Space 2 were Alien and Aliens 2 then Dead Space 3 is somewhere between Aliens 3 and Aliens 4.

I can't recommend this game to anyone who loved Dead Space for the Survival Horror feel it had, because that is completely gone. Just pretend it ended at Dead Space 2.

But If you just want a Generic Action Shooter with Dead Space mechanics, then this game isn't completely terrible. I don't think EA and Visceral deserve your money though, especially not with their bullshit Day 1 Pay-to-Win DLC and Micro-transactions.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The sean has spoken, and I am disappoint. Looks like one of my favorite console franchises got boned.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The sean has spoken, and I am disappoint. Looks like one of my favorite console franchises got boned.
no question it did.

lol but like he said just pretend you are playing another game. Only do the coop and it's fun. The single player is garbage (when compared to DS 1 and 2)

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Dead Space 3...inspired by Transformers: The Movie.

...until all are one.

Calroon_sl

shitlord
Damn...
frown.png

frown.png

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
son of a bitch

...playing co-op with a buddy later, will post a review afterwards.

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Cant wait to get this game, DS 1&2 were great, loved the atmosphere and overall feel of dread.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Cant wait to get this game, DS 1&2 were great, loved the atmosphere and overall feel of dread.
You're going to be extremely disappointed. Dead Space 3 has absolutely NONE of the atmosphere or feelings of tension, etc. It feels nothing like the first two games.

It's an action shooter kill fest.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Sean why aren't you a reviewer for a major gaming site already? :p

But yeah, after watching all the playthrough vids one person did, it's pretty clear that this is more "omg zombies" rather than "oh shit what was that".
frown.png

Hardly a single thing about the dementia was involved. No freaky mind shit, no one near you was going batshit insane (nevermind you were underneath the source of the Marker signals in the first place), etc.

Also, is it me or is the storyline basically very similar to that of Mass Effect? The Moons = Reapers, more or less. Plus, the chapter-title message totally hints at Dead Space 4, as if other things did not.

frown.png

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, that's a dishonest as fuck review.

So to add further insult to injury - "Classic Mode" is lazy as all fuck. Part of "Classic Mode" is that they completely disabled co-op, which is a good thing. However, they also left in every single item in those locked co-op only optional missions so you cannot 100% classic mode due to a bunch of items and collectibles being completely inaccessible, yet still being part of the check lists for that mode. Good job, Visceral.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yeah, that's a dishonest as fuck review.

So to add further insult to injury - "Classic Mode" is lazy as all fuck. Part of "Classic Mode" is that they completely disabled co-op, which is a good thing. However, they also left in every single item in those locked co-op only optional missions so you cannot 100% classic mode due to a bunch of items and collectibles being completely inaccessible, yet still being part of the check lists for that mode. Good job, Visceral.
There's like you and 6 other people that will honestly ever care about that.

Game is still disappointing though.