Deadwood

Sadly, norm not exception. US higher education is what I do. These people are insane.

I remember the old joke, from like 40 years ago, "how many lesbians does it take to screw in a lightbulb? That's not funny."

These days, not only is it not funny, it is grounds for dismissal.

I hate this timeline.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Whenever people tell me they have never seen it, I repeatedly tell them it is very vulgar and if you are sensitive you probably shouldn't watch it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pretty pumped, I've been binge watching all week to refresh for tonight. Bottle of Redbreast 15 and Deadwood tonight, good stuff

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
35 critic reviews so far and sitting at 97% and 8.4/10 on Rotten Tomatoes
Deadwood: The Movie (2019)

supposed to be out today on HBO, don't see anything yet on 🏴‍☠️sites

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Good interview with Olyphant about the show, movie, and why he did Hitman.

Awesome quote from that interview:

Oddly enough, those kinds of experiences, perhaps arguably more valuable than these. You know? Find yourself bald in Bulgaria doing some pile of shit, that will get you up a little earlier in the morning and make you work a little harder.

Cannot wait to watch this tonight!

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm tempted to just pull a 38-40 hour deadwood session.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Just finished watching it. Soooooo amazing. This made my weekend. The cast was like they never left the show. I want more.

RT link: Deadwood: The Movie (2019)

I seriously recommend any fan of the show watch it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So, this is what dialogue sounds like when the writers aren't phoning it in (hello to you GOT S8). That was amazing. What a great send-off. So much talent in this cast.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Liked it. A little heavy on the sentimentality but to be expected when babies, lesbians, and cirrhosis are involved. Hearst plays such an incredible cocksucker.

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Could have easily been 4 hours but I’ll take it.

Way better than GOT. Wish this sho had gotten 8 seasons, never a single drop in quality

• 1Solidarity

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Yea, this really, easily could have been more, like a season or two worth. The writing is just too damn good. But its astounding how the show didn't lose a single step.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Al dying makes me sad cause I held out hope they'd revisit someday. :(

Was a great send off, I'm not sure what I expected from it but this hit most of what I was looking for I guess. I felt like I was left wanting at the end but I'm not sure that's because I just didn't want it to end or because something felt missing.

Either way those two hours flew by and the dialog was fantastic.

• 1Solidarity

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Al dying makes me sad cause I held out hope they'd revisit someday. :(

Was a great send off, I'm not sure what I expected from it but this hit most of what I was looking for I guess. I felt like I was left wanting at the end but I'm not sure that's because I just didn't want it to end or because something felt missing.

Either way those two hours flew by and the dialog was fantastic.

Never say never..

• 1Solidarity

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yes, this was an excellent true finale.

Good pacing and hit all the points it needed to.

Well done.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If HBO had ended Game of Thrones with that kind of passion and understanding of what the fans wanted, season 8 would have been legendary.

I forgot just how much I enjoyed the dialogue in Deadwood. This was a wonderful return and great send off to a series that put all the pieces of the puzzle together with perfection. Its a shame that it is over but it went out with style and grace.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Nice way to close it out, but definitely could have benefited from a whole season.

Anyone else catch the brief cameo by Garret Dillahunt playing a third character? (Played Wolcott and McCall in the show) He's one of the crowd beating on Hearst and says something as Bullock is dragging Hearst into the Marshall's office

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users