Dealing with addiction

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
I made my last sober post in may last year. proud to say i'm still on the wagon. I have had some wine with food, and some beers while playing pool. No urge for more. Yay me.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The best way for me to quit the ciggies was vaping. I used the nasal spray but became utterly addicted to that for a couple of years (to the point where i was using a weeks worth in 2 days).

Could probably throw it out now, I use the smallest nicoteen content vapes I can get so it's really just a mental crutch at this point. Can certanly live without it, I forgot it when I went away for a couple of days a while back and only thought about it very rarely and didn't need it at all.

Giving up the ciggies has been the biggest factor in my health improving, I wasn't ill or anything before but I never really noticed how shit I felt until I gave up.

Still smoke weed but pipe it or cook with it most of the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Oh man, nasal spray are the fucking devil.- I have met a couple of people that are addicted to that shit. It does not even get you high. This girl at the last rehab went thru 3-4 of those fuckers a day, she was killing her sinuses.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Oh man, nasal spray are the fucking devil.- I have met a couple of people that are addicted to that shit. It does not even get you high. This girl at the last rehab went thru 3-4 of those fuckers a day, she was killing her sinuses.

They are really addictive as you get a wild hit from them (like smoking 3-4 cigarettes in one shot).

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
yea, i figured it must do something to the recipient since they overindulge in it.

I know we have talked about this before in this thread, but we don't have spice here in Norway, what the hell is in this poison. I feel bad for these people. They just want to smoke bud.

The anecdote about the heroine user for over decades that went over to spice. It's madness.

I tried RC coke once, it scared the shit out of me, never again. Fucking russian roulette that shit.

Goverment is ok selling poison to people, knowing they will take it. But no, not the evil marijuana. God damn lobbyist.

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I've seen loads of fucking nutters on spice in the streets around London. It became a problem a few years back.

One time I got off my bike on my way home as there was a crowd of people and some guy looked like he was having some kind of fit/seizure. Fucking people standing about just watching.

Guy was just fucked out his head (probably on spice) and kinda rolling about on the pavement in the end. But I had to put my backpack under his head and try and keep him on his side cause his head was hitting the concrete paving while the ambulance came (was praying he didn't puke my bag).

I mean I don't particularly feel for the person on it but i'd rather not take the chance some poor soul chokes on their own vomit or whatever while i'm there and can do something about it.

It looks like it really fucks you up badly. Nobody in their right mind should want to take that shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
You have to be a cold fucking cynical bastard of a politician and say it's okay to do spice, people dont know whats in it even, but stay away from the weed. Fucking bastards

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Smoking is a bastard to kick but I found that nicotine gum helps a ton at first. I'd find myself caving when I was drinking but then I just bought a cheap ecigarette to puff on when I'm in the pub to help stave off any bad decision making. Vaping is alright but I would just find myself wishing I was smoking.

Right now my GF says her highest hurdle is just fighting the urge to do SOMETHING. Not even just the nicotine craving, but just the general fidgets. I think a lot of people that get benefit from Nicorette would get just as much benefit from Wrigley.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
What about smoking ?
I mean, I smoke 20 cigs / day and I tried quitting. Will only gets me as far as 3 hours without a smoke. Then I start feeling a biological crave for nicotine and I am done, I have to smoke.

I know it sounds lame, but try that famous book. "finally smoke free" ? i think it's called. I thought it was bullshit too, but i didnt even finish the book before i decided to quit. I mean it can't harm, give it a go. Goes for you also pharmakos pharmakos

This i think it is.

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Right now my GF says her highest hurdle is just fighting the urge to do SOMETHING. Not even just the nicotine craving, but just the general fidgets. I think a lot of people that get benefit from Nicorette would get just as much benefit from Wrigley.

Aye, I call them the boredom cigarettes - vaping is probably the way forward for her then, it's not as satisfying as smoking but at least you can do that. I still find myself having a bit of the gum everytime I think 'I'm bored, I want a cigarette' and if you chew it like a normal bit of gum you get a pretty sweet niccy hit. Although that does put you at severe risk of hiccuping uncontrollably for 5 minutes.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Aye, I call them the boredom cigarettes - vaping is probably the way forward for her then, it's not as satisfying as smoking but at least you can do that. I still find myself having a bit of the gum everytime I think 'I'm bored, I want a cigarette' and if you chew it like a normal bit of gum you get a pretty sweet niccy hit. Although that does put you at severe risk of hiccuping uncontrollably for 5 minutes.

I don't think she'd be willing to try vaping. Partially because she's kind of anti-hipster, but also due to the cost investment. She's been rolling her own cigarettes for the past four or five years, so the cost difference to pick up vaping is just gonna be too great.

I think what she's going to have the hardest time with in the end is her scheduled breaks at her factory job. Those cigarettes are really ingrained in her.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

My friend quit Arabian tobacco without a single symptom after smoking it for a year as often as you would smoke a cig. Maybe somewhere between a half pack and just shy of a full pack a day.

Very weird and something I'll not soon forget.

My gut reaction was "well its gotta be a potency issue". But who the fuck knows? 0 symptoms.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I don't think she'd be willing to try vaping. Partially because she's kind of anti-hipster, but also due to the cost investment. She's been rolling her own cigarettes for the past four or five years, so the cost difference to pick up vaping is just gonna be too great.

I think what she's going to have the hardest time with in the end is her scheduled breaks at her factory job. Those cigarettes are really ingrained in her.

Vaping doesn't have to be some hipster thing. Just get visit a vape shop, there's hundreds of models now. You don't have to have some vanilla ice tea flavour vape. You can just have plain old tobacco - I use menthol just cause i smoked menthols.

It's perfect for the break at work as it's a direct replacement for smoking and getting that hit in.

She should try it, she might be surprised.

Edit: also it can be very cheap, cheaper than rolling your own cigarettes if you want it to be.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
My friend quit Arabian tobacco without a single symptom after smoking it for a year as often as you would smoke a cig. Maybe somewhere between a half pack and just shy of a full pack a day.

Very weird and something I'll not soon forget.

My gut reaction was "well its gotta be a potency issue". But who the fuck knows? 0 symptoms.

Genetic outlier, maybe. Kind of like those people that chain smoke and have a 40+ pack-year history but die with pristine lungs.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Vaping doesn't have to be some hipster thing. Just get visit a vape shop, there's hundreds of models now. You don't have to have some vanilla ice tea flavour vape. You can just have plain old tobacco - I use menthol just cause i smoked menthols.

It's perfect for the break at work as it's a direct replacement for smoking and getting that hit in.

She should try it, she might be surprised.

Edit: also it can be very cheap, cheaper than rolling your own cigarettes if you want it to be.

In two weeks she's already down from 20-30 cigs a day to 6 cigs a day. I think she's figuring she'll be totally done in the next 2-4 weeks. At this point I'd be afraid that vaping would be a step backwards.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
How much alcohol is too much consumption? I know I can Google it but it's all over the place. Is downing a bottle of wine in one sitting once a week gonna give my liver failure?

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
More than two alcoholic beverages in one day is technically too much, but then 14 in a week are okay. A bottle of wine is ~5 servings so youre probably okay.