Dealing with addiction

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So maybe about 5-6 years ago I was visiting friends in NYC and we went out for a full-tilt night. 4 dudes just crushing probably $1,000.00 in coke, booze and weed in a few hours. At around 4am we were walking back to my friends place and I started feeling REALLY sick. Tight painful stomach lurches, super dizzy and weak. My friends roommate was an ER nurse and so when we finally got back to his place, we woke her up worried that I was dying. She was visibly pissed off (I assume this was a rare moment of her getting good sleep) and after checking me out for about 1 minute she said in the most serious, deadpan, exhausted nurse voice.

"You're hungry dumbass."

You're a degenerate.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Been a bit since i posted. Proud say that after dieying in juli last year from a moonshine bender that lasted 4 weeks without water or food. My body shut down and in my blackoutness i managed to call the ambulance. All a blur from there until a couple of hour later when i'm walking out to have a smoke. What do i see, well i 0.5 liters of antibac. And yes i know i know, some of them are nasty, makes you puke up with addetives. I spent an hour reserching this perticular brand and all it contained was ethanol. Now a word of warning for all you would be warriors. 98 % OF ANTI BACS come with additives that might kill you or make you very sick. The bottle has to say ethanol, and only ethanol Do not fuck around with anything else. It's put there to make you sick and feel like shit so you dont drink it again.

Now if you are like me under a heavy bender, alkohol is alkohol. (although again, check the contents) And for the love of his Noodly appendage, mix it with alooot fo water. It makes the liquid
white and milky. DONT DRINK IT PURE. IT WILL MAKE A HOLE IN YOUR STOMACH SACK !!!! Shit tastes like its coming from a laboratory, but trust it's alcohol and it gets you fucked up.

And remember don't chug. This shit is 90% alcohol. You don't need much until you do, but start easy so you don't get ethanol poisoning. Take it piano. You will get there.

Down the hatch, i was thrown out for flirting with nurses and slept in a cave the next 4 days because of my nerves and anxiety. It took me 5 months to feel somewhat normal again. My nerves were shot, i didnt dare to go grocery shopping. Fuck opening the mail. I made this post as a harm reduction post incase someone is as desperate as me and starts drinking leftovers from the streets, i know for some that sounds disgusting, but when you get to choose between a granmal and cramps in your whole body that might kill you, the bootle in the streets sounds like an expensive brandy. Hepatit can't make you sick from another persons saliva unless both you and the person have an open mouth cut. It transmits via blood and sex.

Walking to the nearest hospital to get 5 liters of antiback.

I feel ok telling this because iv been on the wagon since juli/august, and Ijust got tired of beeing sick and tired. NO alcohol now and a few spliffs during the week. Mad adhd so cant watch movies, read, jerk off, surf one page ( i got 3 monitors and my head goesthru 3 articles at the time.

Good luck to all of you in the fray. I was a 16 tallboys and hard liquor on top of that every day guy. Breakfast was 6 tallboys before 7. I now alot about what is good to eat, was is good for the craving and i'll be glad to answer anything. Shoot me a tell if you wondering about something. And learned about good supplements for us alkis. They help alot since alcohol depletes the body of essential minerals.

One last tip from a season dumdass. Please have in the back of your head that you need water. Force it in you, and don't go drinking the whole day without food. Now this might not happen right away, but if you keep this up, boozing with no food and minimal water you body will dehydrate and that combined with depletion of serotonin and dopamin. COmbine this with low blood sugar, your nerves totally fucked up and fragile, bright light bother you. You might feel a delirium tremens coming. And equally as worse, a total lockdown of you muscles and nerves. There has been cases of men breaking their arms because the cramps exibit supernatural power and you c a n n o t control it. So heavy painful cramp, combined with delirum tremens and a possible gran mal. Be careful and take precaution. Peace

My parting words. FUCK the 12 step program. It's so out of date and antiquated . It was written in the 50's The model is not optimal for a human in 2018. In 1948 maybe. But they gave them selves totally over to god. You are shit, powerless, will never be able to enjoy a beer for the rest of your life. Your must see you are a slave to the substance and from now on, every waking minute you have to fight it. I fucking hate it. Was 2 times. 6 weeks each. I left when they asked me to find a higher power. It could be anything. My car, my PS3 if you dont belive in god. It's bullshit

NUmbers dont lie. 30% drop out the first week. Out of those left. 23 % makes a recovery. Rest of them it's wasted on. Addiction is so personal, intervined with your personal traumas, childhood. 12 steps workers work in black or white. You take any form for medication. Even the slightest buzz, oh no your are a lost sold, no power over your affliction. It's such bullshit. /end rant

Be excellent to each other.

Brother this is the craziest shit I have literally ever read. And I come from a whole family of hard drinkers and alcoholics. The worst of them being functional alcoholics sure. But holy fucking shit. My uncle, who died from alcoholism and Hep C, still kept a stable professional job and he was the worst of us. By far.

I'll admit that the goal for me is being a teetotaler and moreso WANTING to be a teetotaler. IDK if I can ever achieve that. Seems an outright impossibility to me in my current state.

But a 4 week BENDER of doing NOTHING but drinking moonshine? I didn't even know that was possible! Screamfeeder Screamfeeder is a role model to me in the, "don't be wasted all the time" regard but this takes the cake...

I am outright shocked here and I am seriously happy you made it out alive. I've never met an alky willing to drink antibac. Not sure what to say about that but I hope you recover well man and if anyone here reaches out to you then they really need your help. I hope you can give them some advice. I appreciate your contributions and hope you can help some people. Whether on this forum or not. If you can come back from it there is hope for us all.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
What the fuck did I just read
A life in the hell that is substance dependency, you can swap out alcohol in my post with alot of other drugs and get the same result.

Not sure if you'r mocking me or laughing at me, either way. If my post helps even 1 soul from the gran mal, i can die happy.

Kuriin Kuriin I am not an angry drunk, i'm a philosofical one. I get stupid, but not violent.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Brother this is the craziest shit I have literally ever read. And I come from a whole family of hard drinkers and alcoholics. The worst of them being functional alcoholics sure. But holy fucking shit. My uncle, who died from alcoholism and Hep C, still kept a stable professional job and he was the worst of us. By far.

I'll admit that the goal for me is being a teetotaler and moreso WANTING to be a teetotaler. IDK if I can ever achieve that. Seems an outright impossibility to me in my current state.

But a 4 week BENDER of doing NOTHING but drinking moonshine? I didn't even know that was possible! Screamfeeder Screamfeeder is a role model to me in the, "don't be wasted all the time" regard but this takes the cake...

I am outright shocked here and I am seriously happy you made it out alive. I've never met an alky willing to drink antibac. Not sure what to say about that but I hope you recover well man and if anyone here reaches out to you then they really need your help. I hope you can give them some advice. I appreciate your contributions and hope you can help some people. Whether on this forum or not. If you can come back from it there is hope for us all.

TJT TJT Would you belive that i worked as a sales rep for 12 years during that alcoholic stint. High funtional alki. Got a raise 4 times and got gifted 5-6 weekend trips around europe. What goes up, must eventually come down. And thank you brother for the kind words. Every case is different, and in my case once i started mucking up shit from my childhood and upbringing i could start channeling the energies on something else. Hell of a learning experience

Ps : All the toilets at my old workplace had a ceiling you could lift up. There were maybe 5 toilets. All of them are full to the brim of empty cans. I just threw them back against the wall during work hours. Thinking about it, itæs fucking mental.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

Go to AA and find a good sponsor who will beat the stupid out of you when you fall off the wagon. If you are an addict you need to stop altogether, period. There is no such thing as 'just a little drink' that is ever OK. You have to physically break the addiction, and you have to stay clean to prevent it from starting up again. Once the physical addiction is gone you need to do some serious fucking soul searching (this is where I plug meditation, if you want info and links let me know) to figure out why you started drinking to excess in the first place. Until you get your issues fixed, you will just be a ticking time bomb heading towards the bottle again. I just buried my uncle last Monday who couldn't keep his shit together, and spent the past 18 months drinking himself to death.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Go to AA and find a good sponsor who will beat the stupid out of you when you fall off the wagon. If you are an addict you need to stop altogether, period. There is no such thing as 'just a little drink' that is ever OK. You have to physically break the addiction, and you have to stay clean to prevent it from starting up again

Once the physical addiction is gone you need to do some serious fucking soul searching (this is where I plug meditation, if you want info and links let me know) to figure out why you started drinking to excess in the first place. Until you get your issues fixed, you will just be a ticking time bomb heading towards the bottle again. I just buried my uncle last Monday who couldn't keep his shit together, and spent the past 18 months drinking himself to death.

12 step disciples out in full force i see, if it helps/helped you awesome, but don't tell it like it's gospel and millions did it without AA.Dig this, the system was created in the late 40'sand check out the success numbers on the web. Not exactly a booming success, not to mention the cult connotations and other scandals. Plenty ppl whom can control themselves after going thru hell and ev. Not advocating it but.
Second paragraph i agree with

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Moonarchia is correct. One drink is too much for an addict who is trying to recover. You should check out CDRP -- I would (hope) there would be one in your area.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Moonarchia is correct. One drink is too much for an addict who is trying to recover. You should check out CDRP -- I would (hope) there would be one in your area.

Kuriin Kuriin I'm am not advocating for it. In this line of work you often meet the attitude that addiction is black and white and that is its biggest fall.

One example. Ayahuasca/Dmt does fucking wonders for opioid addicts. But yet both are "drugs" right? That's what i'm talking about.

Another. A guy i know in his 70's. Lost all to alcohol, wife job, loans, debt. In his 60's he was offered Buprenorphine (bupe, subutex) he takes it 2 times a week, a dose no one would even feel and has not has a drink since and works as his body permits. Addiction study got set back 50 years with Reagans war on drugs

Last edited:

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If you went cold turkey, good for you. Most can't. AA is well organized and has chapters just about everywhere under the sun. Them being xtian in nature isn't news. TJT is an adult with a functioning brain, so I believe he can make his own mind about that aspect of it as he sees fit. The point is to have help when you need it. And most addicts desperately need it.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
If you went cold turkey, good for you. Most can't. AA is well organized and has chapters just about everywhere under the sun. Them being xtian in nature isn't news. TJT is an adult with a functioning brain, so I believe he can make his own mind about that aspect of it as he sees fit. The point is to have help when you need it. And most addicts desperately need it.

Didnt go cold turkey, I'm defo not on any high horse here, and am basically scum. Was not out after picking no fight. But what people do is their choice. I didnt poopoo on AA, bless them, they do good. But had to comment when you present it as the definitive answer.

Ps, where did you get that i was lecturing TjT, hah. I'd never do that. I dont even trust my own advice, let alone dole it out. I was talking vitamins, foods, shit the body needs more of because the ethanol kills it. Selfdestructing path's should be a choice of their own.

about that ^ google wet brain. Good times

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Kuriin Kuriin I'm am not advocating for it. In this line of work you often meet the attitude that addiction is black and white and that is its biggest fall.

One example. Ayahuasca/Dmt does fucking wonders for opioid addicts. But yet both are "drugs" right? That's what i'm talking about.

Another. A guy i know in his 70's. Lost all to alcohol, wife job, loans, debt. In his 60's he was offered Buprenorphine (bupe, subutex) he takes it 2 times a week, a dose no one would even feel and has not has a drink since and works as his body permits. Addiction study got set back 50 years with Reagans war on drugs

I take issue w/ the DMT/aya reference without a mention of the more effective substance ibogaine (a much more mild compound than DMT/Aya) in the treatment of opioid addiction.

But certainly there are many problems today-- a certain inflexibility. The teetotaler mindset is very strong as is moral judgement. Every teetotaler I know didn't necessarily need a teetotaler solution, and most likely are worse off in life because of it. I am a huge skeptic of teetotalers. But equally skeptical of institutions that only push "evidence-based" therapies. I'm more of a moderate. Two minds. Analysis. Things required to approach complicated problems, that which call for complicated solutions.

But hey apparently 12 step has it all figured out!

• 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Seems like the easiest route with most addicts is just to replace unhealthy addictions with healthier ones. I honestly don't think you can actually cure addiction in general or at least that's what I've always heard. AA seems to fit that mold.

I honestly think I got lucky and didn't get the addiction Gene that runs heavily in my family. All of my vices always seem to run their course naturally and I just get bored of them or get tired of the side effects.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This is the right and wrong thread to ask this.
Dmt/aya is available around portland?
Or do ya wait for the yearly Aya retreat at the beach?

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
All i know is you kinda have to have some big brass balls to do Ibogane willingly. Shit be intense.

Fucked with angeltrumpet once. But not the place for it. Lets just say it was mental. Check erowid.

• 1Solidarity

mtnhmr

Trakanon Raider
Ayahuasca/Dmt does fucking wonders for opioid addicts. But yet both are "drugs" right? That's what i'm talking about.
I take issue w/ the DMT/aya reference without a mention of the more effective substance ibogaine (a much more mild compound than DMT/Aya) in the treatment of opioid addiction.

Either way, you see the soul, and your reality has to change. Perspectives shape our existence. Many above hit it... there's a reason people have addiction and trauma appears to be an underlying aspect/force.

You can't judge addiction. There's way more to it than that.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Bumped right after someone asked about lulzsect

Weirdddd

• 1Solidarity

mtnhmr

Trakanon Raider
Video games are an addiction.

I've never felt anything like core EQ in my veins. I'd hit it again.

Someone liked my above post and it brought here... I still firmly stand behind my above post, and as for Lulzsect, I hope he's in a solid place. It's a tough world out there, when I've lost hope, I found myself at palace where my soul to started to have hope again; just remember you are exactly where you need to be in this moment. Do not give up. You are stronger than that.

Last edited:

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
It's now been 1 and a half year since i'v had a drink. Alot has happened since. I almost died that last time. But i'll keep it short. It's possible to stop drinking, i was on 4 tall boy sixpacks and a bottle of vodka a day for 10 years. Fuck AA, fuck sober living. Have will power and hope, smoke dope and cope with the world.

I was in the hospital for 14 weeks to do tests and turns out i have ptsd and traumas, so i'm retiring early, the gov will pay the equivalent of my salary, the benefit of living in the world richest country. That means i will afford to buy a house and maybe a car, fuck i love this country and system. It's gonna be good to lean back and just use my time to make music and cope.

I'm at a good place atm. Good luck to you out there whom might need it. /hug

(and to those thinking it, yes i worked for 15 years during my life, so no mooching)

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users