Death Stranding

Janx

<Silver Donator>
1 week in... I'm eyeballing the topography, calculating how to expand my zipline network with the least number of towers. I might have to put it up in MULE territory, which is a PITA. I check my boots to make sure there is plenty of tread left, examine the Bola gun in my cargo to make sure I have enough ammo, and roll out in my trike. Once an action has been decided upon, it must be put into effect immediately. There is much work to be done, and no place in this world for persons of low productivity. As I speed down the roads that I built over hours of back-breaking porting, I think of all those poor souls clamoring to run through the latest instance of their favorite pop-a-mole cover based shooter for the umpteenth time, opening their ugly mouths to complain about how boring and repetitive Death Stranding is. I smile inwardly as I pity them.

This is the life, gents. Chapter 6 in, and GOTY so far for me. I've experienced more tension running a heavy package through BT laden territory than I have in any MMO in the past 5 years. I'm more engaged building out infrastructure than I've ever been in any gay shooter you cream over. This game shouldn't exist. It's a singular vision executed with boldness and confidence, and backed by a AAA budget. Only a mad genius could have made a game like Death Stranding. I never really got the Kojima thing until now. I can't wait to finish this, and see what he creates next.
I hated logging in after a few days away. Everything was decaying and the thought of having to roll around repairing everything was groan inducing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've still never had any need to build a single thing besides roads and ziplines. Ziplines decay, but roads never do (I get messages about other people fixing them while I'm playing). Not sure upgrading ziplines to 3 for the timefall resist is worth it; I generally just upgrade every other one to 2 so that they are all 350m. By the time the decay gets really annoying I'll likely be sending it back to GF anyway. I'll wait for the PC version to own the game.

Last edited:

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I only built ziplines, roads and the occasional generator. Other stuff was just fluff

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Wtf? Was this advertised/hinted before release, or just hidden in here?

PS Communities_20191202_213004.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Ya know something I just thought about?

The uber guy delivering his lunch to him everyday when he still worked at Konami with nothing to do, "Yah, man. You don't realize how it is dude."

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
So will this win GOTY just because of Kojima's name recognition? My personal GOTY would honestly be Sekiro : Shadows Die Twice but that is a completely different game/genre then DS.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So will this win GOTY just because of Kojima's name recognition? My personal GOTY would honestly be Sekiro : Shadows Die Twice but that is a completely different game/genre then DS.
Wouldnt think so just because its really hit or miss with what people like. Personally I loved the shit out of it but not sure I'd give it an overall GOTY win.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This is my GOTY so far and I'm sure as fuck not the target demographic for Japanese games, Kojima or walking simulators.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Platinumed the game. 110 hours. The last preppers are some real squirrelly characters you have play email tag with. Was frustrating tbh. The ending was every bit as melodramatic and grandiose as you would expect. I could barely keep up with the wild revelations as they took the form of an extended bout of Kojimasan's ravings. This man's deranged mind must be protected.
Only question I have left is what to do with resins?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Zip-line time.
I've gotten a solid 15 minutes of play time in since I posted that. I thought I was going to get about 2 hours of poop socking time last night, but fell asleep in the rocking chair when I was putting my daughter to bed.

• 1Solidarity

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Waiting for pc is annoying for this game, hard to avoid spoilers

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I cracked and ordered it when I saw that it went on sale for $50cad today. Will replay it on PC at some point if the port is good.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I've gotten a solid 15 minutes of play time in since I posted that. I thought I was going to get about 2 hours of poop socking time last night, but fell asleep in the rocking chair when I was putting my daughter to bed.

OK BOOMER

1576772771914.png