Death Stranding

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I'm such a fool with my money. I own this on PS4 (normal/not pro) but I really want to play it on PC. Looks good from that video Dom posted.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Finished this over the weekend on PC. Really odd game to describe so stealing something I heard elsewhere; enjoyed my time with it but never want to play it again. I enjoyed the gameplay loop of taking over camps/raiding ghost ruins to build roads followed by building zip lines to cover every bunker off the beaten path with the zips already placed by other players. Soundtrack was not my normal cup of tea but was really solid for when the songs popped as shown earlier. The song on your final delivery was especially brilliant and hit me in the feels.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A friend got the game on sale on the PS4, and hearing him talk about it made me want to play it again. So I restarted another game, and I'm hooked again. I love this game, for some reason I just enjoy the pacing and gameplay loop.

The worse part is at the end of the day, it's late and it's time to stop to go to bed...but "Just one more delivery", and 2 hours later I'm still delivering stuff and still saying to myself "Just one more delivery". :)

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is it bad that I'm about 20 hours in, and I'm really into the story and the world but also I'm fucking bored of this game?

I'm tempted just to turn on a spoiler video to end it all.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is it bad that I'm about 20 hours in, and I'm really into the story and the world but also I'm fucking bored of this game?

I'm tempted just to turn on a spoiler video to end it all.
I pushed through and finished the game. There are some pretty lousy slogs in this game but once in the mountains I really started to enjoy it.

Amazing game imo

Also the soundtrack, this song especially. Played loud and with lots of bass is *chefs kiss*

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I pushed through and finished the game. There are some pretty lousy slogs in this game but once in the mountains I really started to enjoy it.

Amazing game imo

Also the soundtrack, this song especially. Played loud and with lots of bass is *chefs kiss*

I have a bunch of songs from the game on mutiple playlists. Really chill music to relax to before bed.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Man, I’m almost tempted to play this fir a 3rd time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People are weird.

why.png

I got the PS4 version from Gamefly for like $6 and it is only going to cost another 10 to upgrade to PS5 Director's Cut. Even if you just go to Gamestop and buy a new PS4 copy it's only $20 (+10).

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I walked around the corner this morning and saw Big Dopey (Boss' Grandson) loading up the trucks. Reminded me of Death Stranding...

JaceDeathStranding.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well, I’m definitely going to be a delivery guy for a 3rd time. This looks pretty good, some of the new stuff looks interesting although at the same time might take away from what made doing deliveries so satisfying.

Not sure I’ll play at release but I will definetely play it again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Where does this game take place? That looks like what I've seen of Iceland, though it could probably also be Scandinavia or Scotland.

I've held off on playing this for a while so I'm gonna grab the PS5 version and play the fuck out of it at launch. I can't wait.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Where does this game take place? That looks like what I've seen of Iceland, though it could probably also be Scandinavia or Scotland.

I've held off on playing this for a while so I'm gonna grab the PS5 version and play the fuck out of it at launch. I can't wait.
Rofl the USA. I wouldn't associate anything in the game with an actual state though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Rofl the USA. I wouldn't associate anything in the game with an actual state though.

I guess anything's possible in a post-apocalypse story. They almost definitely patterned this environment off of Iceland, though.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
No No, definitely patterned after Greenland, not Iceland, too many tourists.

Does Greenland have this much....well...green land though? I've flown over Greenland a bunch of times and the only green parts are the very extreme edges, even in the Summer. I guess those edges are pretty big on the ground, though.

But yeah, large parts of Iceland have no people around and extremely DS-like environments.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Man, that is one convoluted save transfer process they came up with. Doesn't even look like you can transfer at all if you buy the new version but don't still have a PS4 copy lying around.
(I'm not sure why anyone would buy a PS5 copy anyway, when you can get the PS4 version for $10-20 and just upgrade.)

I don't think I'll bother transferring my save anyway, should be interesting to see how differently the 'shared world' stuff plays out this time. When I played the game at PS4 release, there was so much building done by other players that it was completely trivial to get the materials needed for stuff like roads. Bases, bridges, and (really fucking annoying when they were scattered all over the roads) vehicles were everywhere too.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am going to just play fresh on PS5 - never really finished the 1st one and not too sure how far I got. Looking forward to 4k60 ;)

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I am going to just play fresh on PS5 - never really finished the 1st one and not too sure how far I got. Looking forward to 4k60 ;)

Same. I'm tired of bothering with the PS4-to-PS5 transitions and having two versions of games downloaded on my system. I'll just buy the PS5 version. I sell games when I'm done with them and make back 50-90% of what I paid for them anyway.

• 1Like