Demon’s Souls Remake (PS5)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I like your plan for the many people who never played the game, but, selfishly, as someone who played the game already, I hope they make a lot of changes/additions to it to give me a reason to play it again !
They could always "scholar" it like they did DS2 which made it way better. But who knows.

I don't really care how it ships, I just want to play it on something other than my PS3 (or PC emu)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yoooooo blood tinge build here I come! Going to fuck people up in pvp. They never expect the gun to take a quarter of their life.

Bloodtinge Rifle Spear chunked like 60% of your health. Ever try that?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Finally 60 FPS Bloodborne. Fuck yes!
Hopefully

31518203-74F9-452D-94E7-B539EE7A80C6.jpeg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
99 Arcane build is insane too, that's what I did on my recent BB playthrough.

I like your plan for the many people who never played the game, but, selfishly, as someone who played the game already, I hope they make a lot of changes/additions to it to give me a reason to play it again !

Meh, I have like 350-400 hours in Demon's Souls, and will probably play through it again on PC this summer just to see if the emu can really get through 100% of the game. As much as Sony pisses me off right now, DeS was the reason I bought a PS3 and I know it will get me to buy a PS5 whenever it finally comes out too.

I just think From Soft has a history of fucking with shit that doesn't need to be touched, like they did with all 3 Dark Souls games in patches post-release. Bloodborne and Demon's Souls had minimal amounts of meddling, and I'd prefer they keep it that way. I'm all for adding new stuff and especially restoring the cut content, so long as they don't break what's already there in the process.

Oh, and I forgot one thing in that list.... fix the retarded way online world tendency shifts your local world tendency just enough to screw up whatever you're trying to do (pure black/pure white). The pure white/pure black holiday events Atlus used to do were fun, but the constant effect was complete ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_3.jpg

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_1.jpg

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_2.jpg

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_5.png

Not gonna lie, I'm very excited about this.
My dick is ready.

I'm so stoked about Bloodborne on PC, though. It was my favorite PS4 game, but the 30fps just kills it for me now. I can't play it.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Evernothing

Interesting. The Demon's Souls remake is being done by Blueprint. Not From Software...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Interesting. The Demon's Souls remake is being done by Blueprint. Not From Software...
Bluepoint, and that was in the early leaks yeah. From is most likely working on Elden Ring and doesn't want to spend time on this or Sony simply asked them if they could. Bluepoint did Shadow of the Collossus remake and Uncharted remasters and basically only do remakes remasters/remakes looking at their wikipedia page, they're specialized in that so it should be a fairly good quality remake.

Some people are already complaining the added details are too colorful and ruin the dreary washed out feeling of the original, which I guess can be a fair point but we'll have to see the truly darker and desolate places. These are still probably fairly early screenshots(they're all from the same area too) so I don't think it's worth being alarmed about it. Hell even Dark Souls 1 remake which was done by From themselves had people bitching about the lights and contrast and whatever else not being the same. A lot of the "empty" feeling of the original was more due to technical issue(no grass or moss in most places) than due to artistic direction, so not sure it's a big issue at least for me.

So this is a remake more like FF7 then a remaster like dark souls being on PS4?
We don't really know yet, they called it a remake so it should imply it's more than just a remaster, but their SotC remake was simply high quality assets they remade, keeping the entire game exactly the same otherwise.

Personally I wouldn't mind a few UI reworks to make it more like some of the modern souls, and maybe some slight balance changes(but that'd need to be by From and it doesn't look like they'll have much of a hand in this process so maybe won't happen).

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played this game in over 10 years, but I remember it being really clunky, which was frustrating. If they can smooth it out with the controls, get at least 60fps, upgrade the graphics (obviously), and maybe throw in a few extra things (areas, mobs, weapons, whatever) I'll definitely play it again.

Vorph

Some people are already complaining the added details are too colorful and ruin the dreary washed out feeling of the original, which I guess can be a fair point but we'll have to see the truly darker and desolate places.
Definitely don't agree with those people. I already feel Boletaria Reborn (Vibrant) is a vast improvement over the original game's look on PS3, so this looks great to me. Plus the single biggest visual upgrade besides texture res anyone can make to DeS is to remove almost all of the DoF (which that mod also does).

Anyone trying to play the game now on RPCS3, I edited my previous post with a list of must-have mods for playing on PC. Also, there's instructions on the RPCS3 wiki for how to set it up for 60fps (just don't try to go over 60 or it will break the game). There's even an additional setting for 21:9 or 32:9, but I haven't tried that yet.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
To each their own. Demons was a monochromatic fog enshrouded nightmare with squat ugly architecture. The new boletaria looks like a traipse through stormwind. Blue skies have no business being there
1592003617307.png

• 1Cringe

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
To each their own. Demons was a monochromatic fog enshrouded nightmare with squat ugly architecture. The new boletaria looks like a traipse through stormwind. Blue skies have no business being there
View attachment 277590

Be neat if they tied world tendency to the weather. Full light gets you the blue sky while full dark makes it look like a miasma filled hell hole.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
SoTC was a finished game(Yes there was more at first), but 16 I belive is a perfect amount for that game.

As far as Demon's Souls though, already with the 6th Archestone there, and the land of giants somewhat fleshed out in the story(And a massive chunk of the level already built), *nudge* I'd be more surprised if we didn't see the giants land.

And the Bloodborne screenshots look like stretched fucking ass, who the fuck edited that garbage.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Be neat if they tied world tendency to the weather. Full light gets you the blue sky while full dark makes it look like a miasma filled hell hole.
I'd be for all for that- If they went full bore and changed the environments along with it. I could easily see the Stormwind-esque castle being full light. But the odds of anyone putting that much work into the textures and geometry is a little dubious for a remake.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
SoTC was a finished game(Yes there was more at first), but 16 I belive is a perfect amount for that game.

As far as Demon's Souls though, already with the 6th Archestone there, and the land of giants somewhat fleshed out in the story(And a massive chunk of the level already built), *nudge* I'd be more surprised if we didn't see the giants land.

And the Bloodborne screenshots look like stretched fucking ass, who the fuck edited that garbage.
Don't be hating on 21:9 awesomeness. Tho it is looking a tad fisheye. 10 core cpu?
It's almost a given that the last keystone is going to be in, based on the rumor mill. I'm actually curious if they're going to have to strip out whatever ATLUS' localisation consisted of, wikipedia implies it's only grammar fixes but who the hell knows.