Depression

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
As much as I love Max, after 18 years of changing cat litter, he will be the last car I have. I have two dogs as well and I’ll get a third at some point I’m sure but Max will be in for me and cats. Plus after having him almost half of my life...There’s no replacing him.

You're obviously depressed because you're about to lose a pet you've had half your whole life. Aka you're perfectly normal and don't need to listen to any idiots telling you that meds are an ok choice.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
You're obviously depressed because you're about to lose a pet you've had half your whole life. Aka you're perfectly normal and don't need to listen to any idiots telling you that meds are an ok choice.
I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I see or pet, say, a cat. So are pets negative ion dispensers of sorts? Losing a pet sucks for sure :(

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
But Tarrant Tarrant if you don't ask the crazy guy for more we might lose this amazing educational opportunity!

Ya, I'm the crazy one. Says the guy that thinks fish turned into giraffes and has to depend on retarded ass drugs because he's a weak little bitch that can't handle reality on his own like a man.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Alright, that's enough of that. Don't bait Lumi and Lumi...try not to Lumi so much.

Thank you.

And as far fetched as I think a lot of your posts sound, I appreciate you coming in and trying to give advice, so again, Thank you.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
My cat, who is 19 and I’ve had for 18 years has a bad eye infection. Upon a check up turns out he has some kidney and liver issues, and from the feel of his gut, the vet thinks he has cancer.

I didn’t opt for X-rays or ultrasounds. He’s 19 and I don’t want him to suffer through surgeries if he does indeed have it. So I’ll treat his eye with the medications and let him live his life how he always has (which is however the fuck he wants to). If I see he stops eating, grooming or shows any outward signs of discomfort I will reassess but for now we will just take each day as it comes.

dudes been my best friend for 18 years (had him longer than my kids) and he’s been with me through two divorces and a lot of shit in life. At one point after my first divorce all I had was my car, a suit case and him.

considering everything that’s happened this last month or so...this seems like a low blow that life coulda skipped.

View attachment 265201

View attachment 265202

Max looks like a bad ass and it sounds like you did/are doing the best thing and just letting him be that way. You're having a rough 2020 Tarrant.

Mantente frio amigo.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
As much as I love Max, after 18 years of changing cat litter, he will be the last cat I have. I have two dogs as well and I’ll get a third at some point I’m sure but Max will be it for me and cats. Plus after having him almost half of my life...There’s no replacing him.

We had three cats that lived for 17, 18, 18.5 years. I feel you man. The middle one was my homie. He had a stroke, and we kept him going for three weeks paralyzed. It was really depressing and I still get sad when I think about him. I get sadder over him than most of the people I know that have passed.

He was wasting away and in pain so we finally made the decision to put him to sleep. Rips your guts out doing that but it was either that or starve to death, he couldn’t get enough calories in. We found our vet offered a service that they come to your house and do it there. They were very respectful and I recommend it if you have to go that route. He got to go surrounded by familiar smells, toys, comfortable and with us.

Good luck man.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Things aren’t any better, my wife is getting worried about me and for her peace of mind I’m gonna start talking to someone.

I had to miss my daughters birthday on Sunday, where she choose to come out. So I missed both of those things and failed to be there for her.

nothings getting better. The one person I used to feel better by talking to isn’t around anymore and now I gotta depend on a stranger to do so.

I just never knew a person could feel this way.

• 1Solidarity

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Things aren’t any better, my wife is getting worried about me and for her peace of mind I’m gonna start talking to someone.

I had to miss my daughters birthday on Sunday, where she choose to come out. So I missed both of those things and failed to be there for her.

nothings getting better. The one person I used to feel better by talking to isn’t around anymore and now I gotta depend on a stranger to do so.

I just never knew a person could feel this way.
Talking to a professional can be amazing. IMHO for it to really work you have to be brutally honest about your feelings/thoughts. Also, the right Therapist is huge. The first guy I went to was a hack and it went terrible. It took me years to gather the strength to go see him, so when that failed it took me the better part of a year to try again, I am so glad I did. The next person I found was an older woman and for some reason it just clicked, I trusted her and she really helped me. Moral of the story, don't be afraid to say "next" and don't take as long as I did to get the strength to do it again.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Talking to a professional can be amazing. IMHO for it to really work you have to be brutally honest about your feelings/thoughts. Also, the right Therapist is huge.
Dead on. I found out the best way for me personally to be able to "talk" to someone was to apply this...

If you can talk to someone the way you talk to yourself in your head at 2am when you cant sleep and feel comfortable with it, that's the person you keep talking to.

That might or might not be of any help to you at all, but make sure you don't waste time (and a fuckload of money) on someone you don't feel comfortable being the most honest version of you with.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Inherently I don’t trust any of them I guess. They don’t care about me, only my credit card.

• 1Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Inherently I don’t trust any of them I guess. They don’t care about me, only my credit card.
Not all should come across like that. If you get that vibe, then bounce. You get it twice, bounce. Thrice? Etc Etc.

You get that vibe a hundred times...maybe realize that your contractor doesn't care about your house, only your credit card. Your mechanic doesn't care about your car, just your credit card. Your doctor doesn't care about your health, just your credit card. You're not a horse but everyone has a saddle for you kind of situation. A shrink (and yeah I still use that word) is there to care about your mental stability the same way a contractor your house, a mechanic your car and a doctor your health.

But more importantly, if you really do think therapy just isn't for you at all and you can't trust them, don't do it. Bad therapy can be much, MUCH worse than no therapy. I'm sure you have other people you can talk to. Reach out to friends or other family. Hell my dude, message my ass at 5am.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I’m not really a trusting person but I don’t think this is necessarily true. I’m sure there are some that truly care and got into the profession because they want to help people and not for money.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I did a phone session today.

it Didn’t go well. I won’t be talking to her again, frankly it made things worse. This is my second try at this. Maybe it’s me I dunno.

• 1Like

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
already mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but 5-HTP is a very helpful tool to manage this. it is a critical seratonin precursor and difficult to get from food. it made a big improvement for me, and i've advised several colleagues of its benefits and they have also reported marked improvements in mood management. cheap and easy to try, well worth a shot.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
already mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but 5-HTP is a very helpful tool to manage this. it is a critical seratonin precursor and difficult to get from food. it made a big improvement for me, and i've advised several colleagues of its benefits and they have also reported marked improvements in mood management. cheap and easy to try, well worth a shot.

Seems to be en par with placebo at best. Talk to a doctor first before dabbling in regulating precursers to neurotransmitters. Especially with the possible side effects. There are easier, safer, controlled and regulated drugs to enhance serotonin (5-HT) levels. Personally I’d stay clear of 5-HTP.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems to be en par with placebo at best. Talk to a doctor first before dabbling in regulating precursers to neurotransmitters. Especially with the possible side effects. There are easier, safer, controlled and regulated drugs to enhance serotonin (5-HT) levels. Personally I’d stay clear of 5-HTP.

a lot of nootropic blends include tyrosine and cholate as well as the 5-htp. plus 2000mg of caffeine for the coffee twitch.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Try Lion's mane mushrooms from the company real mushrooms. Very powerful stuff and very beneficial for anxiety/depression and also dramatically improves cognitive function especially in regards to memory.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 2 users