Depression

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Has anyone here self harmed?

I ended up bursting a blood vessel in my eye the other day after literally beating myself up

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Do yoga or martial arts or whatever you want as far as cardio. Jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, you know the drill. I would start with stretches, but you can ramp any of that up to get a good burn going any time of the day/week/year.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Has anyone here self harmed?

I ended up bursting a blood vessel in my eye the other day after literally beating myself up
Absolutely, but not like that.

I would drink myself literally stupid, (see my post history) and to the point of puking up blood as a form of emotional distress relief. You are using physical harm to solve an emotional problem. The fucked up part is that it can work, especially with your kind of physical self harm (punching yourself in the face). You probably got quite an endorphin rush right? Feel a bit more mellow and centered afterward?

It's not as simple as "just exercise". You are also getting a release by doing something that on a rational level you know is no good and doing you harm, but you do it anyway because......well just because. The science is still working on that. It might be because you have internal trauma or maybe a chemical imbalance. Working out might help, but it seems like you might be getting a relief only after causing yourself actual harm and I won't recommend you workout until you're in pain since that not only fuels the self harming behavior, but is also just bad workout practice.

Either way, you need to speak with someone who has experience in Non-Suicidal Self Injury.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users
I'm gonna vote for treating self-harm as a def warning sign, and a line you do not want to get comfortable being close to.

But good news! Here is where the cosmos is *not* just fucking you up: there are actual people out there who actually are willing to care for us, help us, give us some advice, check in on us, talk with us, get us further help if needed. We just need to plug in. They will hook you up. You do not need money. You can always contact the United Way -- part of what they do, is hook people up with local mental health resources. All these people apparently have this bizarre notion that you are worth saving.

And of course, you are. I think a lot of depressed folk have a hard time "grasping" that idea lol. I do, still, and maybe always will. I'm gtg.

• 1Truth!
Honestly I can’t do jump rope or jumping jacks: my equilibrium is shot and I’ll literally get dizzy after 10 or so jumps
Ouch that sucks, how about swimming? Crewing is good too or kayaking. Mowing the yard also burns calories and is pretty therapeutic in a way

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I don’t understand how y’all can do SSRI’s, I think they’re fucking brain poison. Sure if you’re suicidal and totally non functional, they are better than the alternative, but the joy/libido killing factor strips most meaning from life. SSRI’s stole my sex drive, which has persisted long after stopping them, and you quickly realize that the hidden motivation behind a lot of things you do and look forward to in life revolve around pussy. Take away the desire for pussy and it’s like a big void of meaningless appears in your life.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users
What you say is true. And if you do not have some serious issues, I highly recommend, if a doctor casually tries to prescribe you an ssri, tell that doctor to fuck off, and immediately find another one. They are *not* minor drugs. They get into your brain wiring so that withdrawals are ... not hell like heroin hell, but they are amazingly weird. If I try to stop I get things called "brain zaps." You can google them. It is messed up.

If I could deal without them, I would. But, I was getting awfully close to the " suicidal and totally non functional " zone you mention. So, the side effects for me are a nasty trade-off, but I will still take that deal.

But I will also say this: I am not sure how well they actually "work." All I experienced was, they got rid of "the worst of the worst" mood swings and feelings I would regularly get. But my opinion is, ssri's are no where close to a "cure." The just take off the really sharp edges. But you are right: they have a nasty side effect on that primal libido side.

But I'm just overjoyed I actually enjoy my morning coffee. I can handle living like this lol.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
What you say is true. And if you do not have some serious issues, I highly recommend, if a doctor casually tries to prescribe you an ssri, tell that doctor to fuck off, and immediately find another one. They are *not* minor drugs. They get into your brain wiring so that withdrawals are ... not hell like heroin hell, but they are amazingly weird. If I try to stop I get things called "brain zaps." You can google them. It is messed up.

If I could deal without them, I would. But, I was getting awfully close to the " suicidal and totally non functional " zone you mention. So, the side effects for me are a nasty trade-off, but I will still take that deal.

But I will also say this: I am not sure how well they actually "work." All I experienced was, they got rid of "the worst of the worst" mood swings and feelings I would regularly get. But my opinion is, ssri's are no where close to a "cure." The just take off the really sharp edges. But you are right: they have a nasty side effect on that primal libido side.

But I'm just overjoyed I actually enjoy my morning coffee. I can handle living like this lol.

I didn't take them for too long, but they made me feel nothing, but feeling nothing is an improvement over severe sadness. Problem is, I went off them and continued to feel nothing. I'm one of the few though that stopped them cold turkey and didn't even notice a single withdrawal or side effect-- I basically stopped taking them and felt the same off as I did on. Hence why I think they permanently fubar'd my brain.

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I don’t understand how y’all can do SSRI’s, I think they’re fucking brain poison. Sure if you’re suicidal and totally non functional, they are better than the alternative, but the joy/libido killing factor strips most meaning from life. SSRI’s stole my sex drive, which has persisted long after stopping them, and you quickly realize that the hidden motivation behind a lot of things you do and look forward to in life revolve around pussy. Take away the desire for pussy and it’s like a big void of meaningless appears in your life.
It’ll pass, the adverse effects. Have faith. It’s better to wean than cold turkey though. Gives the tissue time to upregulate receptors without too hard side effects.
Also, docs got some other good stuff in the medicine bag you might enjoy down the line. Tadalafinil 5mg daily will make you a trooper in no time. Stay vigilant, brother.

• 1Quality Calories

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It’ll pass, the adverse effects. Have faith. It’s better to wean than cold turkey though. Gives the tissue time to upregulate receptors without too hard side effects.
Also, docs got some other good stuff in the medicine bag you might enjoy down the line. Tadalafinil 5mg daily will make you a trooper in no time. Stay vigilant, brother.

It’s been a few years at this point and the problem isn’t getting it up, it’s interest. Just not horny anymore at all, not interested in chasing tail. It’s like I can recognize a woman as beautiful, but that emotional and physiological response that would make you climb mountains to plow her are gone— she might as well be a lovely painting. Those drugs rob you of your ability to *feel*.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It’s been a few years at this point and the problem isn’t getting it up, it’s interest. Just not horny anymore at all, not interested in chasing tail. It’s like I can recognize a woman as beautiful, but that emotional and physiological response that would make you climb mountains to plow her are gone— she might as well be a lovely painting. Those drugs rob you of your ability to *feel*.
Get tested for testosterone levels. Get some butt pellets from Synj Synj and you'll be right as rain.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users